• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Adam Schefter names Marshawn Lynch as "most likely to be traded"

It appears to just be his opinion, but Tim Graham quotes him:

On the latest edition of "Cold Hard Facts," anchor Jay Harris asks NFL insider Adam Schefter to name three players who could be traded soon.

"No. 1, the Buffalo Bills running back, Marshawn Lynch," Schefter replies. "They have a new coach, a new GM and any time there are new people in charge, they bring in their own players. Marshawn Lynch could be traded on or before the draft."

A recent Buffalo News story claims Lynch wants out of Buffalo. A recent Olean Times Herald column says the Bills would like to move him. But Lynch has no leverage, and the Bills probably couldn't get enough in return for him to make it worth their while from a personnel standpoint.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Adam Schefter names Marshawn Lynch as "most likely to be traded"

Schefter was on ESPN radio saying that this morning.

Nix & Gailey can't really be worried about value, since they didn't pick him. Their plan is starting off with a focused locker room, which is why Incognito was not retained.

Coming out and saying they'd like a scatback type in the draft only enforced the notion that Lynch may be on the way out.

It is what it is.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i'm so confused on this. If the bills had 3 backs including lynch before the draft, i'd be all for starting fresh. But we only have 2, and even if we draft 1 this year, we're still short if they take a 3rd down type back. Which means we need to get anothe RB, aside from mendenhall who might just be camp fodder like Bruce hall.

But on the other hand, if lynch's attitude has totally deteriorated that they know he won't be useful at all, then they have to move him. but it sucks with an OL in awful shape, no real WR, no QB, no NT, a bunhc of converted LBs, this team doesn't need RB needs.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'd bet they're hoping to land a player for him instead of a draft pick.. Or maybe packaging him with a later pick for an earlier pick.

Either way I buy it. I strongly agree with him, and dont think Lynch is wanted in that locker room.

I think he's a goner by draft weekend.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I think his offseason troubles from last season was the beginning of the end of Marshawn in Buffalo. I think he let down his teammates and Lynch new it. The drastic dropoff in his play last year is indicative of someone that did not have much passion to be on the field. Talent is there with Marshawn but he will never show it while donning a Bills uniform and the Bills brass know it. As a result it is understandable why he needs to go.
          Last edited by don137; 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Wow. way to go out on a huge limb Schefter!

Comment

• LVGrown
              Vegas Growed
              • Jul 2002

ugh ... one more wasted jersey! Henry, McGahee and now Lynch ...

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
                If the past is any indication, you should go with one of the kickers...that's the only way to be safe!!

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                  • Jan 2010

at least you didn't get a trent edwards jersey
                  “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Or TO
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Not crazy about this since his value is probably at an all time low... but I get it.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

You have about 6 fellonies and 11 children between those three jerseys.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

I won't miss this moron

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            Haha, McGahee and Henry actually have 16 kids between them.

Henry has 11 with 10 different mothers. He would've been 100%, but one of the chicks had twins. Seriously.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• LVGrown
                              Vegas Growed
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard

lol ... I was actually torn between Lynch and McGee.

Comment

Working...
                              X