• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Clausen's Workout

Working up something now with some quotes. I've talked two writers who were there, and they said that Clausen had a fantastic workout that exceeded expectations of coaches and scouts there, which as you all know included Nix, Modrak and Lopez from the Bills.

I'm thinking he made huge buzz today.. Even if the BIlls want him though, there may be competition now (Cleveland and/or Oakland)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Clausen's Workout

The workout looked pretty on par to me. Nothing special, he did what he was expected to do.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      which as you all know included Nix, Modrak and Lopez from the Bills.
      George Lopez works for the Bills?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Oh, and he's meeting with the BIlls sometime over the weekend.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Cortez not Lopez. Anyway he just said he has a meeting with the Bills.

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

From Great Blue North Draft report:

"April 9
            (12:30 PM):Clausen good, not great in pro day workout … Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen just completed his long awaited workout in front of pro scouts at South Bend. On first blush, Clausen had a solid workout, but it lacked the ‘wow’ factor that characterized that of Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford earlier this month. Clausen threw about 50 scripted passes and completed all but two overthrows on deep go routes. Just about everything else was on the receivers’ hands, specially on slant routes, although receivers did have to slow up on a couple of routes and jump for the ball on a couple of others. Clausen, though, did show excellent arm strength; the ball got there in a hurry with minimal air underneath. Clausen also didn’t show any after-affects from the toe surgery that has sidelined him all spring, but also stayed pretty much in the pocket during the workout. Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

LOL Justa.. Meant Cortez, I fall for that all the time.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by baalworship

"April 9
                (12:30 PM):Clausen good, not great in pro day workout … Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen just completed his long awaited workout in front of pro scouts at South Bend. On first blush, Clausen had a solid workout, but it lacked the ‘wow’ factor that characterized that of Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford earlier this month. Clausen threw about 50 scripted passes and completed all but two overthrows on deep go routes. Just about everything else was on the receivers’ hands, specially on slant routes, although receivers did have to slow up on a couple of routes and jump for the ball on a couple of others. Clausen, though, did show excellent arm strength; the ball got there in a hurry with minimal air underneath. Clausen also didn’t show any after-affects from the toe surgery that has sidelined him all spring, but also stayed pretty much in the pocket during the workout. Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "
                Reports are going to vary I'm sure. I'm just passing along what I've heard thus far.

Comment

• PIZ
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  LOL Justa.. Meant Cortez, I fall for that all the time.
                  OK. What will it take to jump in front of Cleveland? Would we have to trade with Seattle at 6 or try going to 5 in case Seattle likes him? What are the chances that Seattle takes him?

I really can't see him making it to 9. Holmgren will pick him and say something like "the kid started to grow on me, kind of like some Farve kid did before", as he chuckles and desperate Bills fans will be sitting at home wondering if Tebow can be any good 5 years from now.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Who are your writers you've talked to?

He did what he should of. It was a good solid work out.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "
                      Interesting, I just said to a co-worker I thought he looked chunky as well.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Who are your writers you've talked to?

Joe Logan and Florio.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• baalworship
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                          Interesting, I just said to a co-worker I thought he looked chunky as well.

Wait till he starts eating chicken wings.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                            • Jan 2010

lopez? lmao you mean cortez???

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

"April 9
                              If he did indeed have minimal air on his deep balls, then he really worked on a red flag that bothered me quite a bit. He always had a real tendency to float his balls (no jokes please) and I always thought "picked off at the next level." I have not watched it yet, but if the above description is true - fixed a few things, no "wow" factor, deliberate release, etc. - I would say he basically stayed the same on draft boards. No up, no down. I'll watch from home later.

Comment

Working...
                              X