PDA

View Full Version : Clausen's Workout

patmoran2006
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Working up something now with some quotes. I've talked two writers who were there, and they said that Clausen had a fantastic workout that exceeded expectations of coaches and scouts there, which as you all know included Nix, Modrak and Lopez from the Bills.

I'm thinking he made huge buzz today.. Even if the BIlls want him though, there may be competition now (Cleveland and/or Oakland)

The King
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
The workout looked pretty on par to me. Nothing special, he did what he was expected to do.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
which as you all know included Nix, Modrak and Lopez from the Bills.

George Lopez works for the Bills?

patmoran2006
Oh, and he's meeting with the BIlls sometime over the weekend.

The Spaz
Cortez not Lopez. Anyway he just said he has a meeting with the Bills.

baalworship
From Great Blue North Draft report:

"April 9
(12:30 PM):Clausen good, not great in pro day workout … Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen just completed his long awaited workout in front of pro scouts at South Bend. On first blush, Clausen had a solid workout, but it lacked the ‘wow’ factor that characterized that of Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford earlier this month. Clausen threw about 50 scripted passes and completed all but two overthrows on deep go routes. Just about everything else was on the receivers’ hands, specially on slant routes, although receivers did have to slow up on a couple of routes and jump for the ball on a couple of others. Clausen, though, did show excellent arm strength; the ball got there in a hurry with minimal air underneath. Clausen also didn’t show any after-affects from the toe surgery that has sidelined him all spring, but also stayed pretty much in the pocket during the workout. Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "

patmoran2006
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL Justa.. Meant Cortez, I fall for that all the time.

patmoran2006
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM

"April 9
(12:30 PM):Clausen good, not great in pro day workout … Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen just completed his long awaited workout in front of pro scouts at South Bend. On first blush, Clausen had a solid workout, but it lacked the ‘wow’ factor that characterized that of Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford earlier this month. Clausen threw about 50 scripted passes and completed all but two overthrows on deep go routes. Just about everything else was on the receivers’ hands, specially on slant routes, although receivers did have to slow up on a couple of routes and jump for the ball on a couple of others. Clausen, though, did show excellent arm strength; the ball got there in a hurry with minimal air underneath. Clausen also didn’t show any after-affects from the toe surgery that has sidelined him all spring, but also stayed pretty much in the pocket during the workout. Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "

Reports are going to vary I'm sure. I'm just passing along what I've heard thus far.

PIZ
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM

OK. What will it take to jump in front of Cleveland? Would we have to trade with Seattle at 6 or try going to 5 in case Seattle likes him? What are the chances that Seattle takes him?

I really can't see him making it to 9. Holmgren will pick him and say something like "the kid started to grow on me, kind of like some Farve kid did before", as he chuckles and desperate Bills fans will be sitting at home wondering if Tebow can be any good 5 years from now.

DraftBoy
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Who are your writers you've talked to?

He did what he should of. It was a good solid work out.

The King
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Clausen also looked a little thicker, especially through the lower body than either Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy, although his release looked a little deliberate at times. Stayed tuned for more evaluations. "Interesting, I just said to a co-worker I thought he looked chunky as well.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Who are your writers you've talked to?

Joe Logan and Florio.

baalworship
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Interesting, I just said to a co-worker I thought he looked chunky as well.

Wait till he starts eating chicken wings.

mrbojanglezs
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
lopez? lmao you mean cortez???

TedMock
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM

"April 9

If he did indeed have minimal air on his deep balls, then he really worked on a red flag that bothered me quite a bit. He always had a real tendency to float his balls (no jokes please) and I always thought "picked off at the next level." I have not watched it yet, but if the above description is true - fixed a few things, no "wow" factor, deliberate release, etc. - I would say he basically stayed the same on draft boards. No up, no down. I'll watch from home later.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
lopez? lmao you mean cortez???

No Lopez. As in Jennifer who is part owner of the meeyami delfins.

mrbojanglezs
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM

lmfao

ddaryl
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM

This jennifer lopez, with her taco flavored kisses

http://wastingtimewithmikeandari.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jennifer_lopez_south_park.jpg

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
i dont get why people put so much into the work outs. Jamarcus Russel solidified his #1 status with a great workout, look what happend. Hes simply throwing passes to non covered receivers in shorts and a tshirt...thats like a pitcher warming up in spring training, no batter, no pressure no nothing....work outs shouldnt be studied so hard

jamze132
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Just say no to Clausen.

historypete
04-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Clausen was interviewed on ESPN about 20 min ago. Said he was coming to Buffalo tomorrow, and then going to St. Louis the day after. Also said he was having a private workout with the Redskins.

Probably doesn't mean much though, everyone is doing their homework. I'm still not sure where I fall in terms of should we draft him or not.

k-oneputt
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I wonder if he makes it back to the first rd. ?

OpIv37
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
racist.

Bravo82
04-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't put much stock in workouts myself....It's all about the metrics, really http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/bravho.jpg