PDA

View Full Version : This team can never keep a RB for Long

BuffaloBlitz83
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Three 1,000 rushers drafted early all traded. Lynch will I believe have more success than the other two post trade. Why can't we draft a quality RB that you can count on year in, year out.

Travis Henry
Willis Magahee
Marshawn Lynch (possibly)

Is it the front office?Or the nature of position... use em, lose em? Like a car, upgrade

Buffalogic
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
This team can't keep anybody long because they switch coaches every 3-4 years.

Crisis
04-09-2010, 02:21 PM
seriously? there's more illegitimate kids than IQ points between those three.

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
1000 yard rushers seemt o be more common in the 2000's vs the 1980's and 1990s. I'm not sure why that trend occurs. but i think an elite back in the 80's and 90's would get 1200 yards rushing.

Now getting 1000-1200 rushing is average. the backs who his over 1400 yards are the truly special guys.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Well seeing how both previous runningbacks havent sent the league on fire, I'm not to worried.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
1000 yard backs should lessen more now a days. at least in last 2 years. As I think Split back approach is more common than the days of 30 carries

Mahdi
04-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Three 1,000 rushers drafted early all traded. Lynch will I believe have more success than the other two post trade. Why can't we draft a quality RB that you can count on year in, year out.

Travis Henry
Willis Magahee

Is it the front office?Or the nature of position... use em, lose em? Like a car, upgrade
Maybe they don't like running in the cold weather and the snow.... Thomas might have been an exception.

McGahee (Miami), Henry (Tennessee) and Lynch (Cal) all came from warm climates.

Bill Cody
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Maybe they don't like running in the cold weather and the snow.... Thomas might have been an exception.

McGahee (Miami), Henry (Tennessee) and Lynch (Cal) all came from warm climates.

Those three might like warm temperatures but the real common denomiantor was room temperature IQ's.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Those three might like warm temperatures but the real common denomiantor was room temperature IQ's.

That is nobody's fault other than our front office. We are the ones that decided to draft them after seeing how dumb they were. True?

ddaryl
04-09-2010, 03:15 PM
the Bills have drafted horribly the last decade and the RB position is a product of how horrible we have sucked royally at drafting.

Henry was a solid pickup, but was no game breaker, but then we go and draft Mcgahee who gets the luxury of sitting for an entire year ot heal and then turns out to have no heart at all, and of course hates Buffalo because our coaching and front office was a joke and it showed on the field.. WASTED PICK

Lynch was drafted and looked good at 1st but his problems mounted quickly, and now looks like yet another 1st rd wasted pick.

It has nothing to do with the players we selected, it has to do with the pathicness of the front office and coaching that just rubbed too many players the worng way IMO

Bill Cody
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
That is nobody's fault other than our front office. We are the ones that decided to draft them after seeing how dumb they were. True?

Absolutely.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-09-2010, 03:29 PM
CJ Spiller I hope isn't the next disaster move. I hope we draft him but I hope he doesn't turn out like the rest a 2 year move.

Bill Cody
04-09-2010, 03:30 PM
It has nothing to do with the players we selected, it has to do with the pathicness of the front office and coaching that just rubbed too many players the worng way IMO

So you're fine with Henry being a dead beat dad to 11 kids with 10 different women, smoking weed and quitting on the Bills? You're fine with Mcgahee being another dead beat dad to multiple women and blowing off off season conditioning with the team? You're ok with Lynch's various brushes with the law? The Bills front office and coaches are the ones responsible for their behavior? Really? ALL 3 OF THOSE GUYS ARE LITERALLY MORONS. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Buddo
04-09-2010, 03:32 PM
It isn't about the talent of the guys mentioned, it's about their intelligence and character. Henry found as many holes off the field as he did on it. Mcgahee was similar in that respect, but also thought he was some sort of movie star type who should spend as much time being seen 'on the town' as anything else. Unfortunately, 'on the town' meant Miami to Willis. Not a great idea when you play for the Bills. Also, his 'U' mentality, seemed to make him think he knew better than the professionals, especially when it came to conditioning.
Lynch is extremely immature, comes from a tough area, and simply put, hasn't adjusted well.
Another common aspect of the guys mentioned above, is that they have all received more money than sense, and not enough time has been spent in the past, making them aware of what they need to do, to make the best of themselves.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Off field character issues, and Intelligence are non factors if a player Dominates on the field. Look at Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith. 2 All Time greats which had many off the field issues. But dominated, nobody cared!

PECKERWOOD
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
This is why it's better to build up your offensive line. If you lose one person on your line, you still have the rest of the unit to hold together, but if you lose your star RB, you're ****ed. We need to learn our lesson, no more RBs in the first two rounds of the draft unless an Adrian Peterson type of prospect falls in our lap.

Buddo
04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Off field character issues, and Intelligence are non factors if a player Dominates on the field. Look at Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith. 2 All Time greats which had many off the field issues. But dominated, nobody cared!

Actually, they are. The difference being that the real LT and Bruce, never let those issues get in the way of being truly great football players. The 3 RBs mentioned above, all have.

JD
04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Lynch sucks.

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Travis Henry
Willis Magahee

Those three morons don't help your arguement at all.

I guess people forgot about Thurman Thomas, Ken Davis, and OJ all of who had long productive careers in Buffalo.

The three you mentioned are replaceable thugs. There is nothing special about any of them.

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Actually, they are. The difference being that the real LT and Bruce, never let those issues get in the way of being truly great football players. The 3 RBs mentioned above, all have.

LT could hit a crack pipe and then go and destroy offenses

BuffaloBlitz83
04-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Those three morons don't help your arguement at all.

I guess people forgot about Thurman Thomas, Ken Davis, and OJ all of who had long productive careers in Buffalo.

The three you mentioned are replaceable thugs. There is nothing special about any of them.

K. Davis was a backup who never topped 600 yards in his career. Don't exaggerate.

Oaf
04-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Jackson's time will be over as well in a year or two max in favor for some new purebred draft talent no doubt.. :cynic:

Griff
04-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Travis Henry
Willis Magahee

Lets see

1. Out of the league pot head
2. 2nd stringer being pushed further down the roster every year
3. Dumb ass underachiever.

jamze132
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Our problems is we say we think highly of character, yet we go out and sign thugs.

Prov401
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll tell ya, I loved Travis Henry. He showed so much heart in 2002 playing with a fractured fibula and some cracked ribs. A shame he knocked up 8 women, and decided that moving 2 kilos of cocaine was smart. Just another dumb athlete. But I did feel bad for him when we drafted McGahee. Truly a slap in the face to him.

ddaryl
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
So you're fine with Henry being a dead beat dad to 11 kids with 10 different women, smoking weed and quitting on the Bills? You're fine with Mcgahee being another dead beat dad to multiple women and blowing off off season conditioning with the team? You're ok with Lynch's various brushes with the law? The Bills front office and coaches are the ones responsible for their behavior? Really? ALL 3 OF THOSE GUYS ARE LITERALLY MORONS. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Henry was a solid RB for us. As for his 10 kids thing.. That is horrible, but this thread is not about that, it was about keeping RB's. As for Weed. I am 1 billion % ok with anyone smoking the herb... Never had an issue with it and never will. Smoke daily myself pay my taxes, my mortgage etc.... No ill effects, none of the taboos that have been spoken by those who need to make up arguments about the stuff.

I would have never drafted Mcgahee at the time. Henry was fine and we had bigger needs. We never had the luxury of drafting Mcgahee let alone analyzing his mental profile

I'm not ok with Lynch's brushes with the law, but until this offseason when he refused to show up I wasn't overly down on him either. I just hoped he would wisen up, but not showing up at Volunataries this year demonstrates his non desire to right those wrongs.

In the end I'm glad henry and Mcgahee are gone, I am not happy about Lynch becuase he could be a really good RB, but it's obvious the Bills failed again by drafting the worng player

I already said our front office drafted horribly and our RB debacle was a product of that.... That included researching drafting players that would not have these character issues that costs us our draft picks when we're forced to release them or deal them.

My last sentenace in my original post was off. I don't even realize why I typed that... I must of went on a seperate train of thought

Typ0
04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
The problem with Marajuana use in the NFL is it puts players at an unfair advantage because it helps them with the pain during a game and while they heal. Players shouldn't be smoking pot or doing any drugs.

Henry was a solid RB for us. As for his 10 kids thing.. That is horrible, but this thread is not about that, it was about keeping RB's. As for Weed. I am 1 billion % ok with anyone smoking the herb... Never had an issue with it and never will. Smoke daily myself pay my taxes, my mortgage etc.... No ill effects, none of the taboos that have been spoken by those who need to make up arguments about the stuff.

I would have never drafted Mcgahee at the time. Henry was fine and we had bigger needs. We never had the luxury of drafting Mcgahee let alone analyzing his mental profile

I'm not ok with Lynch's brushes with the law, but until this offseason when he refused to show up I wasn't overly down on him either. I just hoped he would wisen up, but not showing up at Volunataries this year demonstrates his non desire to right those wrongs.

In the end I'm glad henry and Mcgahee are gone, I am not happy about Lynch becuase he could be a really good RB, but it's obvious the Bills failed again by drafting the worng player

I already said our front office drafted horribly and our RB debacle was a product of that.... That included researching drafting players that would not have these character issues that costs us our draft picks when we're forced to release them or deal them.

My last sentenace in my original post was off. I don't even realize why I typed that... I must of went on a seperate train of thought

ddaryl
04-10-2010, 03:39 PM
The problem with Marajuana use in the NFL is it puts players at an unfair advantage because it helps them with the pain during a game and while they heal. Players shouldn't be smoking pot or doing any drugs.

rotflmao

it adds the bake to the "shake and bake" moves of a quality RB

but as for marijunana.. legalize it and stop testing for it. Tax it and regulate it and then use all the resources wasted trying to enforce it and use that those resources to deal with real problems like meth heroine cocaine, prescription drug abuse. Do that and this country will be in a heluva alot better shape.

but crucifying any person for mj is rediculous, backwards, and just wrong.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Travis Henry
Willis Magahee

The 3 Morons.

Typ0
04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
the social issue is different than the issue with sports. Look at what happened with steroids in baseball. It became almost required to compete with the players that were juicing.

rotflmao

it adds the bake to the "shake and bake" moves of a quality RB

but as for marijunana.. legalize it and stop testing for it. Tax it and regulate it and then use all the resources wasted trying to enforce it and use that those resources to deal with real problems like meth heroine cocaine, prescription drug abuse. Do that and this country will be in a heluva alot better shape.

but crucifying any person for mj is rediculous, backwards, and just wrong.

SirMcGee
04-11-2010, 12:35 AM

Yea the Steelers should get rid of Roethlisberger and Holmes. Just bad news bears.

OpIv37
04-11-2010, 02:08 AM
1000 yard rushers seemt o be more common in the 2000's vs the 1980's and 1990s. I'm not sure why that trend occurs. but i think an elite back in the 80's and 90's would get 1200 yards rushing.

Now getting 1000-1200 rushing is average. the backs who his over 1400 yards are the truly special guys.

1000 yards is 62.5 yards per game. That's nothing.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 07:37 AM
the social issue is different than the issue with sports. Look at what happened with steroids in baseball. It became almost required to compete with the players that were juicing.

MJ doesn't even belong in this performance conversation. Steroids and MJ are on completley different planes. Ones a performance enhancer, the other is a social past time OR it can be a medical benefit for some chronic illnesses/injuries.

JD
04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
The 3 Morons.
Combined IQ.... :5:

Typ0
04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
MJ doesn't even belong in this performance conversation. Steroids and MJ are on completley different planes. Ones a performance enhancer, the other is a social past time OR it can be a medical benefit for some chronic illnesses/injuries.

MJ helps people tolerate pain. It is used to help the player heal faster and tolerate the work outs after the weekly beat up. It helps the player practice more often. That is not performance enhancing? Your objectivity is being ruined by the munchies apparently.

justasportsfan
04-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Travis Henry
Willis Magahee

The reason we can't keep them is If you look closely, that's Moe, Larry and curly.