• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

Buffalo Sabres Beard-a-thon

SABRES FANS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN HOCKEY TRADITION

"This playoff season, Buffalo Sabres fans can participate in the Stanley Cup Playoffs like never before. The Sabres Beard-a-thon is an opportunity for fans to grow their own playoff beard and raise money for charity. Proceeds from the 2010 Sabres Beard-a-thon will benefit The Buffalo Sabres Foundation..."

...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Buffalo Sabres Beard-a-thon

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Re: Buffalo Sabres Beard-a-thon

I will not be growing a beard this playoff season.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
        Why not?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

It wouldn't need to be for too long. Boston will most likely be one and done...

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Exactly, granted I can grow a beard in about a week. But no one on the Bruins tries to score goals so why should I try and grow a beard.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Don't get too ****y, Rask does very well against Buffalo.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                Don't get too ****y, Rask does very well against Buffalo.
                Buffalo is actually the only team I think we have a chance at beating. That being said, I dont see the Sabres doing all that well this post season either.
                Last edited by The King; 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM.
                It was all

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Buffalo is actually the only team I think we have a chance at beating. That being said, I dont see the Sabres doing all that well this post season either.
                  I guess second round.

For Buffalo to go down in the first, Rask or Halak would have to steal the series.

In the second against a team like Ottawa, Jersey, or Pittsburgh, not looking too good.

It's just a good feeling to be back after two years off.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    I guess second round.

For Buffalo to go down in the first, Rask or Halak would have to steal the series.

In the second against a team like Ottawa, Jersey, or Pittsburgh, not looking too good.

It's just a good feeling to be back after two years off.
                    Yea I guess. Im more concerned with Toronto losing games then the Bruins winning right now. I hate to say it... but hockey has been so hard to watch this year.
                    It was all

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

Yea I guess. Im more concerned with Toronto losing games then the Bruins winning right now. I hate to say it... but hockey has been so hard to watch this year.
                      I can imagine.

That game last night was beyond painful to watch.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

and there is 0 chance of them beating Buffalo. The Bruins are garbage this year.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          and there is 0 chance of them beating Buffalo. The Bruins are garbage this year.
                          4-2 on the year... I would say there is a chance be it an unlikely one.
                          It was all

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

4-2 on the year... I would say there is a chance be it an unlikely one.
                            Well throw out last night half our team was resting.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

My final shave will be on Tuesday, let's hope that it gets long enough to annoy the crap out of my wife!

Comment

Working...
                              X