PDA

View Full Version : Bills very open to Brohm as starting QB

BillsWin
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4672&ft=171167)

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.
Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year.

X-Era
04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Good... at least they appear to be getting smart and not putting there hopes on either of our two never-has-beens.

Slim
04-09-2010, 06:53 PM
If we don't draft a QB in the first two rounds/ or trade for one this is best case scenario IMO.

Typ0
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
another dumb ass sell commercial space bit of writing. Of course they are open to him playing or he wouldn't even be in the organization.

bigdog72ny
04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
of course there open to him starting as the other 2 qbs suck.so far he hasnt shown much either though

SquishDaFish
04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
of course there open to him starting as the other 2 qbs suck.so far he hasnt shown much either though

And how much time has he had to show anything? That is one dumb statement on your part man

homeslice5484
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Give him a shot, I am all for having him over the other 2

NOT THE DUDE...
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
can anyone say tim tebow! welcome to buffalo tebow!

Don't Panic
04-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Let this year play out with what's on the roster plus maybe a later round pick and work on beefing up the lines. At the end of the year, Gailey will know exactly what we have and be able to cut (some) bait or have confidence and move on.

bigdog72ny
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
he hasnt been able to beat anyone out yet to earn any time.

Thurmal
04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I would bet most of my worldly possessions that he doesn't start Week 1.

Typ0
04-09-2010, 07:41 PM
What ones wouldn't you put on the line? I'm not on the Brohm bandwagon in any way but people develop at different rates. It's not unfeasible that the guy comes on like gangbusters no fan should argue with it if he does.

wmoz11
04-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm not optimistic he can beat anyone out in an open competition, but I'm glad the competition will truly be open.

billsburgh
04-09-2010, 08:19 PM
he hasnt been able to beat anyone out yet to earn any time.
you could say the same thing about Kurt Warner. he was never good enough to beat anyone out until Trent Green got hurt.

BillsWin
04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Aaron Rodgers sat 4 years and now he is one of the best in the league. Not saying Brohm is as, or could even be as, good as Rodgers.

Just saying, I have always been a big fan of sitting young QB's for a season or two, sometimes three. Starting them early can be helpful, but it can also destroy a QB.

Brohm has nothing to lose and everything to gain this training camp. If we don't select a QB in the first two rounds, there is no reason why Brohm should be counted out of beating Edwards and Fitz for the starting job.

Jeff1220
04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
I definitely wouldn't count on Brohm being worth anythingat all, but hope he turns out to be awesome. No matter what the Bills do, him becoming decent can only help.

mikemac2001
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
brohm put up excellent college numbers....he is just like clauson and bradford at this point the only thing is he is been in the league to learn for a couple years....id like to see him get a shot. i think being in greenbay behind rodgers wasn't the best place for him.

wmoz11
04-09-2010, 08:42 PM
brohm put up excellent college numbers....he is just like clauson and bradford at this point the only thing is he is been in the league to learn for a couple years....id like to see him get a shot. i think being in greenbay behind rodgers wasn't the best place for him.

The problem is that he got beaten out by a 7th round draft pick. Teams don't just put 2nd round QB's with a bright future on the practice squad.

I HOPE he becomes something, but I'm not counting on it. Like I said earlier, though, I'm glad they're open to him winning the job.

mikemac2001
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
The problem is that he got beaten out by a 7th round draft pick. Teams don't just put 2nd round QB's with a bright future on the practice squad.

I HOPE he becomes something, but I'm not counting on it. Like I said earlier, though, I'm glad they're open to him winning the job.

thats my feeling about the rodgers situation...he got drafted by a team (i think had favre at the time not sure tho) and then had rodgers who already was there future he was like the super backup plan and i could see how a young 20 year old could get discouraged by that because he was a 2nd rd pick who might never see the field normally 2nd rd picks are suppose to have a very good shot to start unlike a 7th rd pick who is trying to prove something to everyone.

i just am trying to look at it how i might look at the situation is it right no but i think its natural

WeAreArthurMoates
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Aaron Rodgers sat 4 years and now he is one of the best in the league. Not saying Brohm is as, or could even be as, good as Rodgers.

Just saying, I have always been a big fan of sitting young QB's for a season or two, sometimes three. Starting them early can be helpful, but it can also destroy a QB.

Brohm has nothing to lose and everything to gain this training camp. If we don't select a QB in the first two rounds, there is no reason why Brohm should be counted out of beating Edwards and Fitz for the starting job.

I agree, especially since a lot of it was mental early on for Brohm. Even with the bad game in Atlanta, Brohm showed some good stuff. Willingness to go deep and great zip on the short and mid range game. His passes in the flat were beautiful.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
can anyone say tim tebow! welcome to buffalo tebow!

If Tebow is the Bills starter they win, at most, 2 games.

bigdog72ny
04-09-2010, 09:30 PM
so sick of hearing about tebow.nothing more then a project that we cannot take a chance on

YardRat
04-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Mortenson's a dick, but I'm open (hoping?) for Brohm showing enough to beat out the other 'studs' on our roster and starting on opening day.

psubills62
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
If they don't trade for Campbell, they really don't have many other options, do they?

Am I comfortable with Brohm starting? Not really, but I guess I'd say I'm more comfortable with him than with Fitz, Edwards, or a draft pick.

feldspar
04-10-2010, 01:18 AM

"Teams" are not God, and every team makes mistakes. Green Bay let Kurt Warner walk from their practice squad...then he went on to bag groceries and play in the Arena league only to come back and put up ridiculous numbers in three Super Bowls. Warner was benched and released by 2 different teams before leading Arizona to a Super Bowl.

The thing is that's it's rare for teams to have only 2 QBs on the roster, and the thinking why Flynn was on the roster instead of Brohm is a mystery...only those that made that move know the real reasons why, and I bet they don't tell, especially if they end up being wrong.

"He got beaten out," maybe, but it certainly was somebody's judgment call, not something written in stone. They DID want to keep Brohm around.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-10-2010, 01:31 AM
"Teams" are not God, and every team makes mistakes. Green Bay let Kurt Warner walk from their practice squad...then he went on to bag groceries and play in the Arena league only to come back and put up ridiculous numbers in three Super Bowls. Warner was benched and released by 2 different teams before leading Arizona to a Super Bowl.

The thing is that's it's rare for teams to have only 2 QBs on the roster, and the thinking why Flynn was on the roster instead of Brohm is a mystery...only those that made that move know the real reasons why, and I bet they don't tell, especially if they end up being wrong.

"He got beaten out," maybe, but it certainly was somebody's judgment call, not something written in stone. They DID want to keep Brohm around.

:bf1:

X-Era
04-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Id love for anyone to end up being "the guy" for this team. But he has to earn it. If he does, it would be a nice story actually.

Novacane
04-10-2010, 07:41 AM
If this is true Gailey must see something he likes about Brohm. I'm all for giving him
a fair shot at the job but hope they bring in more competition for him in camp. Beating out Edwards and Fitz does not mean you're good.

jamze132
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Brohm is ahead of any QB coming out this year. With us having Brohm, it's like drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd RD this year. Let's see what this kid has this season before drafting a QB.

We can then focus our attention on the damn lines.

X-Era
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
If this is true Gailey must see something he likes about Brohm. I'm all for giving him
a fair shot at the job but hope they bring in more competition for him in camp. Beating out Edwards and Fitz does not mean you're good.

100% agree.

"the guy" may mean different things to different people. To me it means a QB who can take you to the playoffs and beyond.

Michael82
04-10-2010, 09:28 AM
This is great news! It sounds like the Bills realize Edwards has run out of chances and hopefully Brohm will impress at mini camps and Training Camp.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't understand the infatuation with Brohm.

Not that Edwards/Fitz are stars, but Brohm is not a star in the making either.

Michael82
04-10-2010, 09:37 AM

Brohm has potential, just like Edwards used to. He was really good in college and maybe under Gailey might finally get a chance to shine. :pray:

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Brohm has potential, just like Edwards used to. He was really good in college and maybe under Gailey might finally get a chance to shine. :pray:

What potential?

31 NFL teams could have had him on their roster and nobody wanted him.

Isn't that a red flag?

Ickybaluky
04-10-2010, 09:45 AM

That is easy, he isn't Trent Edwards or Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he hasn't been around long enough for people to realize he sucks yet.

Ickybaluky
04-10-2010, 09:58 AM

Actually Warner was signed by Green Bay as an undrafted FA from a small college (Northern Iowa). He was a camp arm, because at the time the Packers only carried two QB and they were both good players (Brett Favre and Mark Brunell).

Brohm, on the other hand, was drafted in the 2nd round to be the backup, as the Packers didn't have an established backup to Rodgers. He then was beaten out by a 7th round pick and cut the following year. That is a little different.

Warner actually played in the Arena league for 3 years, and he had a tryout with the Bears. However, he got bitten by a spider on his honeymoon on his throwing elbow, and it kept him from trying out for the Bears.

The Rams signed him after his last arena season and sent him to NFL Europe, where he led the league in yards and TD passes (Jake Delhomme was his backup). He made the Rams as a 3rd stringer, then was promoted to backup the following year. When Green got hurt, he got his shot.

Warner's story was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and hold no correlation to Brohm. Brohm was a high draft pick who was given every chance to succeed and he failed. How many 2nd round picks are cut after only a year?

ddaryl
04-10-2010, 10:38 AM
What potential?

Isn't that a red flag?

What's that equation for Tom Brady... All 32 teams passed on brady 5++ times ???

I have to laugh at this philosophy.... He may or may not develope, but it would be stupid to not let him have the shot to try and prove he's the guy.

I would love for us to go into 2010 with Brohm and Edwards and if it doesn't work out we can make our moves for a franchise QB in 2011 when there is a better class of signal callers better suited for us anyways...

Fix the OL and DL in this deep draft let the lines gel for a year and make the major investment in a Qb next year... This is my prefered way of handling the QB position

X-Era
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
What potential?

Isn't that a red flag?
32 teams could have drafted Tom Brady 5 times or more, and only one did.

I don't hold that situation against him. He was buried behind Rogers and was drafted as insurance IMO. Rogers is a very solid quarterback now, even if Brohm is worse, can he still become a solid starter?

I guess I don't know how we can say he has no upside.

------------

Damn ddaryl, you beat me to it.

X-Era
04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Actually Warner was signed by Green Bay as an undrafted FA from a small college (Northern Iowa). He was a camp arm, because at the time the Packers only carried two QB and they were both good players (Brett Favre and Mark Brunell).

Brohm, on the other hand, was drafted in the 2nd round to be the backup, as the Packers didn't have an established backup to Rodgers. He then was beaten out by a 7th round pick and cut the following year. That is a little different.

Warner actually played in the Arena league for 3 years, and he had a tryout with the Bears. However, he got bitten by a spider on his honeymoon on his throwing elbow, and it kept him from trying out for the Bears.

The Rams signed him after his last arena season and sent him to NFL Europe, where he led the league in yards and TD passes (Jake Delhomme was his backup). He made the Rams as a 3rd stringer, then was promoted to backup the following year. When Green got hurt, he got his shot.

Warner's story was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and hold no correlation to Brohm. Brohm was a high draft pick who was given every chance to succeed and he failed. How many 2nd round picks are cut after only a year?

Why can he not be like a Trent Green, or Rich Gannon? You don't have to be handed the keys to the franchise as a rookie QB to become a solid player. Its not unheard of for a player to look horrible (which I don't think Brohm was BTW) in his first few years and then become a very good NFL starter. Brohm has a lot of god given talent, and may just need to be developed. That, again, is not unheard of.

I'm not going to judge him solely by his GB experience. That said, he does have a lot to prove. I just want him to get a truly equal opportunity and not have us think Edwards or Fitz is our starter at this point.

ServoBillieves
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I love this. A new regime is handed 3 (4? Is Hamdan still in the picture? Doesn't matter...) quarterbacks that they didn't have a say in. If they don't bring in "their guy" in the first few rounds, it truly is an open competition. Edwards has the experience behind center in the NFL, along with Fitzpatrick. Fitzy is the perennial backup who can fill in when needed, Edwards is shaky the second someone gets a helmet on him, and Brohm still has that potential from College. I enjoy a true competition.

But who are they throwing to? And behind what line?

YardRat
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
It certainly isn't a coincidence that Brohm was the first player signed after (almost immediately) Jauron was canned. Nix must see something in him that he likes.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2010, 01:05 PM
It certainly isn't a coincidence that Brohm was the first player signed after (almost immediately) Jauron was canned. Nix must see something in him that he likes.

He was set to be signed before Jauron was canned.

And the entire Brady "the exception proves the rule" argument is silly.

First off, that was right out of college. Brohm was completely unattached as a pro and nobody wanted him.

feldspar
04-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I can read wikipedia, too.

Speaking of Jake Delhomme, he was a third stringer once, as was Kurt Warner and any number of future starters. Brohm would have been a third stringer too, but Green Bay put him on the practice squad instead...he still was the third QB. Whether Brohm can play or not, the Packers STILL made a mistake because they probably could have traded him for something instead of letting him go for nothing like they did. If he's THAT bad, they STILL made a mistake in drafting him in the first place...see where I'm going with this? They made a mistake one way or the other with Brohm. Yet some people try to act like they don't make mistakes -- he was "beat out" by a 7th rounder, and this couldn't be a mistake. There could have been any number of reasons why this happened.

Fact is that you don't know if a guy can play until you give him that chance. Everyone in the NFL has talent. Brohm hasn't really had that chance yet.

And Gailey has said many times that all three of our QBs have a chance to start. We'll also bring a fourth QB into camp, and he'll duke it out with the rest. Mort's report here is empty. He could very well have written the same thing about 4 different guys.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-10-2010, 01:34 PM
32 teams could have drafted Tom Brady 5 times or more, and only one did.

I don't hold that situation against him. He was buried behind Rogers and was drafted as insurance IMO. Rogers is a very solid quarterback now, even if Brohm is worse, can he still become a solid starter?

I guess I don't know how we can say he has no upside.

------------

Damn ddaryl, you beat me to it.

Exactly!

Ickybaluky
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Brady looked good enough in preseason as a rookie that the Pats decided to keep 4 QBs. They probably would have preferred to waive him and add him to the PS, but they were afraid to because they thought some team would claim him.

I keep hearing this idea that Brohm never had a chance to prove himself. He was a second round pick who had a job from the moment he was drafted. He had 2 preseasons and countless practices to make an impression, but in spite of that they cut the guy. They were willing to let him go for nothing after investing a second round pick in him in only a year. That speaks volumes.

Even funnier is the thought they should have held onto him because he had some sort of trade value. When he was cut by the packers, any team could have claimed him an inherited only his minimum salaries. None did. After he cleared waivers they added him to their PS. If a team was willing to trade for him, they would have put in a claim.

He had his shot, and he showed he sucked. That is why Green Bay cut him. Then he got another shot last year with the Bills, and he showed he still sucks. Really, what makes anyone believe he might actually be good? He wasn't even as good as Chris Redman at Louisville, and Redman is nothing better than an NFL backup. In fact, Brohm is just another in the line of Louisville QBs who were crappy pros and didn't live up their draft billing, along with Redman and Stefan LeFors.

Could he suddenly turn it around and prove he can play? Sure, anything is possible. It is a real longshot though. It is a much better shot that Trent Edwards shows he can play again. At least he had some success in the NFL, which gives you hope.

They Packers are a team built through the draft, that is how they stay competitive. They value their draft picks very high, so it says something that they were willing to cut him after only a year. He remains the highest choice cut during Ted Thompson's time running the franchise.

Brohm? The chances of him even being a servicable QB are as long as they can get. It is silly to think he is some sort of latent Tom Brady or Kurt Warner. Laughable even.

better days
04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Brady looked good enough in preseason as a rookie that the Pats decided to keep 4 QBs. They probably would have preferred to waive him and add him to the PS, but they were afraid to because they thought some team would claim him.

I keep hearing this idea that Brohm never had a chance to prove himself. He was a second round pick who had a job from the moment he was drafted. He had 2 preseasons and countless practices to make an impression, but in spite of that they cut the guy. They were willing to let him go for nothing after investing a second round pick in him in only a year. That speaks volumes.

Even funnier is the thought they should have held onto him because he had some sort of trade value. When he was cut by the packers, any team could have claimed him an inherited only his minimum salaries. None did. After he cleared waivers they added him to their PS. If a team was willing to trade for him, they would have put in a claim.

He had his shot, and he showed he sucked. That is why Green Bay cut him. Then he got another shot last year with the Bills, and he showed he still sucks. Really, what makes anyone believe he might actually be good? He wasn't even as good as Chris Redman at Louisville, and Redman is nothing better than an NFL backup. In fact, Brohm is just another in the line of Louisville QBs who were crappy pros and didn't live up their draft billing, along with Redman and Stefan LeFors.

Could he suddenly turn it around and prove he can play? Sure, anything is possible. It is a real longshot though. It is a much better shot that Trent Edwards shows he can play again. At least he had some success in the NFL, which gives you hope.

They Packers are a team built through the draft, that is how they stay competitive. They value their draft picks very high, so it says something that they were willing to cut him after only a year. He remains the highest choice cut during Ted Thompson's time running the franchise.

Brohm? The chances of him even being a servicable QB are as long as they can get. It is silly to think he is some sort of latent Tom Brady or Kurt Warner. Laughable even.

I doubt if the Bills picked up Tom Brady in his 2nd year, under the same circumstances that he would have done any better than Brohm did last year. You call being picked up at the end of the year on that mess of a team, having about a week to practice & learn the playbook a shot? I would HATE to work for you.

PECKERWOOD
04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Eh, can't breath, all this smoke.

SirMcGee
04-10-2010, 06:33 PM
you could say the same thing about Kurt Warner. he was never good enough to beat anyone out until Trent Green got hurt.

And I guess Tom Brady was never really good enough to beat out Drew Bledsoe. Give me a break dude.

Typ0
04-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I doubt if the Bills picked up Tom Brady in his 2nd year, under the same circumstances that he would have done any better than Brohm did last year. You call being picked up at the end of the year on that mess of a team, having about a week to practice & learn the playbook a shot? I would HATE to work for you.

I don't think he want's you working for him either since you totally missed the point.

Typ0
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
And I guess Tom Brady was never really good enough to beat out Drew Bledsoe. Give me a break dude.

I know that is such a dumb ass thing to say. They were getting Brady ready to take over for Bledsoe in NE and the injury just expedited it.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Brohm has decent hand size though,

http://walterfootball.com/college/Louisville_logo.gif Brian Brohm, Louisville
Hand Size: 9 3/4.

better days
04-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't think he want's you working for him either since you totally missed the point.

If I missed the point, it was because he did not make a good one. To say that Brohm had a shot in Buffalo last year & blew it, is just stupid.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
If you think you hate Edwards watch a full season of Brohm and you'll be praying for Losman.

JCBills
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
If you think you hate Edwards watch a full season of Brohm and you'll be praying for Losman.

Well we don't have a full season of Brohm to base anything off of, this QB class isn't exactly stellar, so if he wins the job in camp, let's see what happens.

Nighthawk
04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Brohm has decent hand size though,

http://walterfootball.com/college/Louisville_logo.gif Brian Brohm, Louisville
Hand Size: 9 3/4.

:lmao:

justasportsfan
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
This is great news! It sounds like the Bills realize Edwards has run out of chances and hopefully Brohm will impress at mini camps and Training Camp.
HUh? If you read between the lines, that means the bills are open to Fitz and Trent , Brohm and 4th qb starting. Basically anyone who wins the competition at camp.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2010, 04:15 PM

i don't understand why people say things such as this. no one knows whether or not he could become something better than what we had last year.

Typ0
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
If I missed the point, it was because he did not make a good one. To say that Brohm had a shot in Buffalo last year & blew it, is just stupid.

The point he made was fine and had nothing to do with his having a shot in Buffalo last year. He said chances are Brohm sucks because he was cast off from GB, a team that values their draft picks. I agree with him and think people are nuts to think Brohm is going to bring anything just because they haven't seen him suck yet. No one said Brohm got a shot in Buffalo last year all we said was it would likely be a waste of time to give him one.

better days
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
The point he made was fine and had nothing to do with his having a shot in Buffalo last year. He said chances are Brohm sucks because he was cast off from GB, a team that values their draft picks. I agree with him and think people are nuts to think Brohm is going to bring anything just because they haven't seen him suck yet. No one said Brohm got a shot in Buffalo last year all we said was it would likely be a waste of time to give him one.

Go back & REREAD his post. He said Brohm was given a shot last year in Buffalo & still sucked. Just because you agree with him does not mean he made a good point & in fact he didn't.

Typ0
04-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Go back & REREAD his post. He said Brohm was given a shot last year in Buffalo & still sucked. Just because you agree with him does not mean he made a good point & in fact he didn't.

apparently you come from the school where it's OK to read one sentence taken completely out of context to support your argument. Anyone that read the whole post could clearly see he was talking about the entirety of Brohm's time in the NFL being his chance and the fact that he didn't show crap here when he got on the field just furthers the idea that he's not going to make it.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2010, 07:52 PM
you can't truly believe this guy has been given a chance to succeed yet.

Philagape
04-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm very open to whoever wins the competition (what choice do I have?)

Typ0
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
you can't truly believe this guy has been given a chance to succeed yet.

He has had chances that's the point. He's been in an NFL system for several years. He hasn't seemed to make much progress. Just because he's not given a starting job doesn't mean he hasn't had chances. Yes, he got better chances in GB but somehow landed on the practice squad.

better days
04-11-2010, 10:31 PM
apparently you come from the school where it's OK to read one sentence taken completely out of context to support your argument. Anyone that read the whole post could clearly see he was talking about the entirety of Brohm's time in the NFL being his chance and the fact that he didn't show crap here when he got on the field just furthers the idea that he's not going to make it.

I took nothing out of context, you on the other hand did. All I said in my original post was that Brohm had no shot last year in Buffalo while he said that Brohm had a shot with Buffalo & still sucked.

Brohm was drafted by Green Bay while they still had Favre & Rodgers was the back up. To say Brohm has had any shot at all up to this point is just crazy.

Brohm will get his FIRST REAL shot this year. If he fails SO WHAT. It cost the Bills NOTHING to give him that shot.

JCBills
04-11-2010, 11:14 PM
He has had chances that's the point. He's been in an NFL system for several years. He hasn't seemed to make much progress. Just because he's not given a starting job doesn't mean he hasn't had chances. Yes, he got better chances in GB but somehow landed on the practice squad.

Behind Rodgers, he had no chance. Don't say chance for the #2 spot. Yeah, he struggled early, but obviously improved in his 2nd preseason. Last year wasn't really a chance either, he was on the team for 5 weeks before starting. With time in the new system, this will be his first real chance.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
He was set to be signed before Jauron was canned.

That's the first time I've ever heard that. Even if true, it doesn't mean Nix wasn't pushing for him then.

Just came across this comment...from Mel Kiper...

1. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville (6-3, 223) Polished pure passer in the Jim Kelly mold.

dannyek71
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
My pipedream

Cut TE and Fitzy

Sign Bulger (as mentour, not long-term solution)
Draft QB (like sneed etc) in round 3 or 4

That way, we have a decent vet, and 2 young guys who came at a cheap price.

Either that, or we take a QB in rounds 1-7. ONE of them has GOT to pan out. Right?

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
My pipedream

Cut TE and Fitzy

Sign Bulger (as mentour, not long-term solution)

say what?