PDA

View Full Version : Nix and Co.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Is is just me or does it seem that Nix and co. are pro active when it comes to the draft compared to the last few years? IMO, he seems to be visible everywhere and has brought in more guys for workouts compared to recent past.

Tebow and tomorrow Clausen aside from the others I haven't mentioned :idunno:

Night Train
04-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Keeps other teams thinking and may force moves which could benefit the Bills.

Typ0
04-09-2010, 07:55 PM
They are just pawns in the same poorly run organization we've seen for years. They can do their thing with hopes they can rise above it which is what everyone's mission is in their position. Are they going to do things different? Of course. Is it going to work? Doubtful. We can all sit around from the outside and claim every other qualified person who tried was an idiot it sells tickets for sure.

Historian
04-10-2010, 06:55 AM
I agree with Typo.

I think you have to bring a lot of guys in when you're completely rebuilding (again) on a shoestring budget.

jamze132
04-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Well these two seem to have an idea of what they want to do which is something to say that couldn't be said for the past decade.

Yeah we are going to win between 3-6 games this season, but at least we won't have to look at Dickface on the sideline with that glazed over confused look and then hear him tell us he needs to look at the tape to see what went wrong.

SquishDaFish
04-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Chess match to keep the other teams guessing. Thats what good front offices do something we havent had in a long time

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I kinda think these guys are combing through the draft better than the past regimes. Chess? Maybe. Due diligence is more likely. I am more excited with the Modrak/Nix/Gailey/Cortez combination than Modark/Russ/Guy/Dick/AVP combination.

don137
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Time will tell on how they do but I agree I like what I see. The fact that draft killer Dick Jauron will not have an impact is a huge plus.

NorthCarBills
04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Time will tell on how they do but I agree I like what I see. The fact that draft killer Dick Jauron will not have an impact is a huge plus.

Absolutely. The more I've read over the last year the more I believe that regardless of Modrak's input, suggestions, whatever, DJ called the final shots and single handedly killed the roster during his regime.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I think you are right Justa.

Take this into account:
in the mularkey years there was the false excitement that we were a team on the cusp of getting it right, then the meltdown in 05. Then he leaves. The brain trust is left, wrongly so, that we are a few players away and a "seasoned" coach can get it done.

so in those drafts of 06, 07, 08, there was this need to get "the missing piece". We drafted for the need because we were supposedly really good everywhere else.

But then after 2008's epic collapse and combined with the total **** show that 2009 was, there was no way you could dress up the team as anything but a total disaster. There was no way to say, "we missed on a ton of drafts, we have no talent" Depth is a huge weakness as we were raiding practice squads of bad teams to find lineman and QB's, etc.

Taking that into account, it's pretty easy for the new guys (Nix and Gailey) to wash their hands of the past stupidity and say, "we didn't to do that, but we have to fix it." Then can be realistic about the needs of the team.

Do you think that Jauron could be realistic about how bad the team was when they hired him asking him to finish off the missing pieces and make them a winner? They gave him a QB in JP, they gave him a decent enough D with Spikes and Fletcher. I'm sure he would have messed it up if he oculd have built and coached a team from scratch, but he was essentially trying to find final touches and replacements.

Who knows if the new team can get it right, but they seem to be intelligent scouts who think on their feet. a nice departure from the ******s of yesteryear.

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 11:35 AM
The thing trap is that Nix and co. aren't advertising playoffs. They have straight out and said it will take time. They also haven't gotten us sexy moves that get gets fans excited. As a matter of fact I think NIx has done the opposite starting with Gailey.

Nix seems more methodical and like don said, only time will tell .

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Absolutely. The more I've read over the last year the more I believe that regardless of Modrak's input, suggestions, whatever, DJ called the final shots and single handedly killed the roster during his regime.

Not sure if Dick had the final say although there are implications that he did but one thing is sure. Dick wasn't on the same page with his assitants. It look like he wasn't with Fairchild, Shonert, AVP, Fewell and Kollar who left Dick for the same position elsewhere. I can see Dick not being on the same page with Modrak.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
and that's the best piece, Justa. Nix and Gailey seem to be realists. They know they have a bad team and need time. they aren't sugar coating anything. no one is a "good football player" publically.

as long as gailey doesn't play to not lose on sundays...i'll give hiim a pass and see what he offers us.

better days
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Not sure if Dick had the final say although there are implications that he did but one thing is sure. Dick wasn't on the same page with his assitants. It look like he wasn't with Fairchild, Shonert, AVP, Fewell and Kollar who left Dick for the same position elsewhere. I can see Dick not being on the same page with Modrak.

Dick is finally at the level he belongs, position coach.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Dick is finally at the level he belongs, position coach.

Is that really where he "belongs"?

There is a youtube clip of the flutie jags game. Flutie rips apart their defensive backs. Guess who the DB coach was at the time. they show a confused DJ standing there. It seems like DB coaching is also too complicated for the smartest man on the face of the earth.

TonyIncredible
04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
i think nix isnt really getting a fair shot. Everybody is still burned by the danahoe then jauron era. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt hes having to fix the past staffs screw ups and its easier said then done. I have never been so confident in this organization until this year. Nix and Gailey will get this ball rolling again