PDA

View Full Version : Should Miller start against New Jersey?

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
It is simple. A regulation win over the Devils gives the Sabres the 2nd seed in the East. That also guarantees home ice in the 2nd round and avoids Boston in the first round (it would be Montreal or Philadelphia)

So, should they start Miller or get him some rest?

I say start him. They are off until Wednesday or Thursday and getting this win is more important to surviving the first round than Miller getting one more day of rest.

Oh, btw I am posting a poll, so please, I beg you, wait for it!!!!

Michael82
04-11-2010, 12:45 AM
No. I know a win gives us a better seed...but if the Rangers beat the Flyers...we'd end up being stuck playing Montreal in the first round. I'm not afraid of Boston and feel that Miller needs the rest, especially with the game less than 20 hours later.

G Wolly
04-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm not afraid of Boston and feel that Miller needs the rest, especially with the game less than 20 hours later.

Playoffs start on Wednesday

Michael82
04-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Wed and Thurs. That's not what I meant. It's a meaningless game really...and Miller has earned the rest. I don't think it's fair to make him play less than 20 hrs after the Ottawa game. Oh and he did ask for the rest and hint towards needing it after the Rangers game last week. I'm shocked they had him play as much as they have this week.

BlackMetalNinja
04-11-2010, 06:53 AM
"Stuck" playing Montreal... who we went 4-1-1 against, as opposed to playing Boston who we were 2-2-2 against? I don't get that logic at all Mikey. We've had trouble against Rask this year and I'd much rather see Philly or Montreal in the first round than the Bruins. I think we can beat all 3 in a Best of 7, but still...

jamze132
04-11-2010, 07:16 AM
I say play him. Lalime is still sick damn it.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Wed and Thurs. That's not what I meant. It's a meaningless game really...and Miller has earned the rest. I don't think it's fair to make him play less than 20 hrs after the Ottawa game. Oh and he did ask for the rest and hint towards needing it after the Rangers game last week. I'm shocked they had him play as much as they have this week.
He played one game after he made the statement about rest.

How are you shocked about that?

And how can you prefer Boston to Montreal?

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/lalime-to-start-against-devils.html

Well, it is Lalime.

Let's hope the team comes out firing in front of him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2010, 07:55 AM
No, I will take the Bruins please.

rbochan
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Lalime's last game in a Sabres uniform. The team will show up.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Lalime's last game in a Sabres uniform. The team will show up.

I bet it is not his last game in a Sabres uniform.

I think he will be in in one for the playoffs

Ebenezer
04-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I bet it is not his last game in a Sabres uniform.

I think he will be in in one for the playoffs
barring injury or blow out....the last game he plays in a sabres uniform? how's that?

trapezeus
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
playoffs being wed or thurs, miller can play and still have time off. it might be good that he still face shots. that's my opinion even though the news says he's out and lalime is in.

snow1989
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Miller is usually well prepared and I highly doubt he 'needs' the work. Has been a long season with the Olympics thrown in so I would agree with resting Miller. LaLime might benefit from a little work, a win would boost both his confidence and the teams confidence in him.

RockStar36
04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
No way should Miller play. Lalime is capable to get the win if the Sabres play well in front of him but there is no way Miller should be playing. I don't care if they have 3 days off, he needs the rest.

Slim
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Lalime is playing.

Ebenezer
04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
go out and lose - let Pitts end up 4th in the conference and have to play Ottawa.

Michael82
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
No way should Miller play. Lalime is capable to get the win if the Sabres play well in front of him but there is no way Miller should be playing. I don't care if they have 3 days off, he needs the rest.
Exactly!

Michael82
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
go out and lose - let Pitts end up 4th in the conference and have to play Ottawa.
That's already locked up as the matchup as of yesterday.

Michael82
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
He played one game after he made the statement about rest.

How are you shocked about that?

And how can you prefer Boston to Montreal?

I forgot that Lalime played in the game against the Bruins. :doh:

I prefer Boston to Montreal because of how Montreal always seems to kick it up a notch in the playoffs and they got a lot of talent on there that have the experience. I'm not afraid of Boston and have a feeling they will be one and done no matter who they play.

BlackMetalNinja
04-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I forgot that Lalime played in the game against the Bruins. :doh:

I prefer Boston to Montreal because of how Montreal always seems to kick it up a notch in the playoffs and they got a lot of talent on there that have the experience. I'm not afraid of Boston and have a feeling they will be one and done no matter who they play.You mean how Montreal has won all of one playoff series since the lockout?