PDA

View Full Version : Clausen Headed for Visit with Bills

YardRat
04-11-2010, 04:26 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=75935&provider=gnews

Notre Dame <nobr id="itxt_nobr_0_0" style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;">quarterbackhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=75935&provider=gnews#) Jimmy Clausen says he's headed for his scheduled pre-draft visit with the Buffalo Bills as soon as doctors check on his surgically reparied toe.

Clausen worked out for <nobr id="itxt_nobr_1_0" style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;">NFLhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=75935&provider=gnews#) scouts Friday in South Bend. He was speaking with ESPN following the workout and said that the next team he plans to visit is the Buffalo Bills. That's a visit that's been scheduled for several weeks.

clumping platelets
04-11-2010, 04:44 AM
Just say :no: to Clausen at #9

clumping platelets
04-11-2010, 04:44 AM
If he's still available in the late 1st..........:up:

TacklingDummy
04-11-2010, 07:05 AM
That goes against reports that the Bills have no interest in him.

whkfc
04-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Just doing thier homework. I think they are in love with Tebow. Ipersonally am not so that pretty much secures the fact they will get him.

SquishDaFish
04-11-2010, 07:19 AM
They seem like a real front office now and real front offices bring in everyone for a visit to not let on who they are really interested in.

FlyingDutchman
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
have we brought in any top LT prospects?

New Ro's Greatest
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
have we brought in any top LT prospects?

We brought in Okung last week or earlier this week. GO BILLS:nervous:

BillsWin
04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
From everything I have heard personally, the Bills like Clausen. At least, Chan does. Does Nix? Haven't heard anything on that front. But, I have heard, from a pretty credible source that has steered me in the right direction before, that Chan Gailey likes Clausen as a player and person. Doesn't mean they'll take him at nine, but I think all this talk that we aren't at all interested in him is bogus.

We may see him as a late first round talent, or we might be concerned that he isn't mobile enough for a "Chan Gailey" system. But, I can assure you the Bills will AT LEAST do their homework on the guy and look pretty damn hard at drafting him if he is there at nine.

I'm not sold we WOULD draft him at nine, but I know that Chan likes him.

Like I said though, I haven't heard whether or not Nix likes Clausen. I would love to know that piece of information. If anyone (I'm looking at you Pat, Sal and Blame Canada), could get that scoop for us Bills fans it would be awesome.

bigbub2352
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
i like clausen and if the bills do then they need to pull the trigger.. we need a franchise QB more than anything else and this needs to happen to breath life into the fan base

YardRat
04-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm not trying to diss anybody, but I'm pretty sure none of the three have any sources close enough to Nix to get that kind of info and have it be reliable.

BillsWin
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not trying to diss anybody, but I'm pretty sure none of the three have any sources close enough to Nix to get that kind of info and have it be reliable.

It is a bit of a pipe dream. Although Pat did have one source who told him that Nix was enamored with Snead. That could be a reliable source close to Nix. :idunno:

WeAreArthurMoates
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
From everything I have heard personally, the Bills like Clausen. At least, Chan does. Does Nix? Haven't heard anything on that front. But, I have heard, from a pretty credible source that has steered me in the right direction before, that Chan Gailey likes Clausen as a player and person. Doesn't mean they'll take him at nine, but I think all this talk that we aren't at all interested in him is bogus.

We may see him as a late first round talent, or we might be concerned that he isn't mobile enough for a "Chan Gailey" system. But, I can assure you the Bills will AT LEAST do their homework on the guy and look pretty damn hard at drafting him if he is there at nine.

Like I said though, I haven't heard whether or not Nix likes Clausen. I would love to know that piece of information. If anyone (I'm looking at you Pat, Sal and Blame Canada), could get that scoop for us Bills fans it would be awesome.

I feel this too and I also believe all this talk of we don't Clausen is clearly a smokescreen.

plundar
04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
The thing that worries me about the guys is his hand size. For a QB that makes a difference. Playing in the cold of Buffalo we don't need another guy that has trouble hanging onto the ball. I think the guy will be good. I just don't want him at 9.

Dicknoze69
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I feel this too and I also believe all this talk of we don't Clausen is clearly a smokescreen.

I think it's a bit of a smokescreen and a bit of possibly deterring teams from trading up ahead of us to snag him. We want teams to think we won't take him so they don't get in front of us.

patmoran2006
04-11-2010, 09:15 PM

JOE LOGAN disagrees with you.. (lol)

Like it or not, it seems as if Chan Gailey is not in favor of picking Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen in next weeks NFL draft.

Gailey has been telling his staff that he is looking for a leader and athletic player to fill the QB position at One Bills Drive.

http://ow.ly/1xc3c

lmcshadow
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Sounds like a Tebow soundtrack to me.

BillsWin
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM

I lost faith in Joe Logan a long time ago....

Besides, I'm still not sold that YOU aren't really Joe Logan, Mr. Patrick Moran. :D

In all seriousness though, Joe Logan may be right. Maybe Chan Gailey isn't going to draft Clausen. Maybe Chan already made his decision on the matter.

But, I am very confident in the information that Chan likes Clausen as a player and a person. Doesn't mean he is going to draft him, just means he gets along with the kid and knows he's got some skill.

So knowing that much, it is my OPINION, that all the talk that OBD has zero interest in Clausen is completely false. I also have the opinion that we will continue to look at the possibility of Clausen. If only to do our homework on him.

BillsWin
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I just read that Logan post in its entirety Pat. He is reading into Michael Lombardi's quote and riding the Tebow train. No Logan inside information on the topic. Sadly... I enjoy his energetic and inspired information leaks.

patmoran2006
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM
BillsWin.

That was a complete joke (by posting that Logan thing). He doesnt have an actual opinion, he recites Lombardi or something like that.

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 10:41 PM
If anyone posts a link to Joe Logan's website they should be banned! Mods make it happen!

BillsWin
04-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the laugh Pat! :up:

EricStratton
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM
We brought in Okung last week or earlier this week. GO BILLS:nervous:

Anthony Davis also said he met with the Bills although I never saw it in a Buffalo paper.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-11-2010, 11:49 PM
im convinced the bills are going to trade down and take tebow at 20ish...