PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard or know...

jpdex12
04-11-2010, 08:54 AM
if our O-line will use a zone blocking scheme?

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
No idea.

mrbojanglezs
04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
we know nothing about anything at this point

TacklingDummy
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
My source told me that they are going to use the "Turnstile" scheme.

jpdex12
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
boy, you guys are a lot of help...
:schmoll:

jamze132
04-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Let's use our heads for a minute...

What type of blocking scheme is most commonly used by offenses that run the spread?

Once you figure that one out, we'll probably end up using the opposite and try to "outsmart our opponents".

Don't Panic
04-12-2010, 06:44 AM
jp... based on the fact that we haven't heard that we are going to use a zone blocking scheme, and that we're hypothetically looking at all the OT prospects at the top of round one (rather than just ones that would work in said scheme), I'd GUESS that we aren't going to be using a zone blocking scheme, at least exclusively.

Mahdi
04-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Not likely.

Nix likes bigger OL and and so does Gailey (Dallas). They both are accustomed to running a power run game.

I'm really curious to know how Nix feels about Andy Levitre. Levitre really doesn't fit a power run game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Levitre lose his job at some point. I know people here love him but he is not exactly a mauler.

Wood, Hangarter and Green are the typical size of Nix/Gailey OL. Bell, Meredith, Levitre are on the smallish side and might not be fits.

Night Train
04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
They used a No Blocking Zone scheme in 2008, with little success.

BigZ
04-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Any scheme will be fine as long as they actually "block".

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Rumor has it that Gailey has ditched the "look-out" blocking scheme the Bills have used for the past 10 seasons. The scheme was cleverly designed for the immobility of Buffalo's Quarterback, Drew Bledsoe, and worked so well, that it's been a staple of the team's offense ever since.

The "look-out" blocking scheme is a very simple one. The blockers (the offensive linemen, tight ends and full-backs) simply let the pursuing defenders by them, and then yell "LOOK OUT" to the QB and/or running back.

It's a shame Gailey has abandoned this scheme, and replaced it with the new "Grab and Drag" blocking scheme which is a bit more complex. It requires blockers to grab the defender's jersey, legs, whatever, and allow the defender to drag them across the field.