• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

Interesting Mock

Interesting Mock From East Coast Sports

9. Buffalo Bills...NT Dan Williams (Tennessee)...I'm going back to my original selection of Dan Williams to the Bills, since Jimmy Clausen and the top four OT's have already come off the board...Williams would help solidify the Bills defensive line and could be used in a rotation with Kyle Williams at the NT position... This move would help the Bills matchup against the Jets and Dolphins, two division rivals that are run first teams...If the Bills pass up Williams here, look for them to target NT Terrence Cody with one of their other picks, since general manager Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey were both present at Alabama's pro day workout back on March 10. *Note - See pick No. 28 for the Bills other pick in this round.

28. Buffalo Bills (Trade from San Diego)...QB Tim Tebow (Florida)...The Chargers have needs at NT, RT, HB and they need depth at DE, but none of the prospects left on the board at those positions are worthy of this pick, making them a candidate to move down...The Chargers and Bills hook up on a draft day trade, since the front offices know each other very well and the Bills are looking to move back into the round, since they didn't take a QB with their first pick...The Bills send RB Marshawn Lynch, and a late round 2011 draft pick to the Chargers, to move up 13 spots from their second round pick..The move helps the Chargers get out of this pick, fills their need at HB, and gives them back to back picks (No. 40 & 41) in the second round of the draft...Tim Tebow will need time to develop, but the Bills are interested in him because he would be a great fit in Chan Gaileys offense, and the Bills need a big splash to generate ticket sales at the box office.
    Last edited by BuffaloBlakely14; 04-11-2010, 10:00 AM.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Interesting Mock

Pass on JP Tebow.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

seems a bit high for lynch and a late 2011. but if SD really just doesn't want a first round draft pick and really thinks lynch fills an immediate need at HB, then perhaps that's the deal.

i'm not for or against tebow, but i would be excited to see the tebow experiment put into action.

i think it would be cool to see tebow as the wildcat RB as he learns the offense

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus

i think it would be cool to see tebow as the wildcat RB as he learns the offense
        that's the issue. You're drafting a player who will need a few years to be a starter and we cannot afford to draft projects no matter how promising...

but that is the only way I can see tebow seeing the field in his rookie season as a situational player. Not great value for a trade IMO for this team
        Last edited by ddaryl; 04-11-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i'm against picking a qb this draft, but if it's tebow, i think him being a winner is a nice change of pace from all the other guys we've had come through.

it'll be annoying to have his politics backed by a bills jersey as he does well, but i'm so desperate for a buffalo championship, i'm rooting for anyone who can get the job done.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I think it has been said in an article the Bills want a player and not a pick in return. I do not mind the Bills taking Tebow in round 2 but Tebow is not worth moving up to get IMO. If he falls to them great. Too many needs to trade up.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i think if tebow is there at 28, he'll be there at 41.

getting that 28 pick and getting an OL or defensive help would be great.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Pretty awful.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

this is the EXACT situation i envisioned when i heard how much the bills like tebow! the chargers DESPERATELY need a RB and lynch is cheap for a couple more seasons and is proven and from cali. we give up probably a 3rd or 4th next year and lynch this year and move up 14 spots and get him. that puts us ahead of everyone that would be interested in him, even minnesota. and in this scenario we still have our 9 (which we take a NT with) but we can always package our 3rd and 4th or 5th to move up into the second and take a tackle like saffold that can play either right or left. and there are some VERY talented recievers rounds 5th through 7th available so we could still fill needs.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                    this is the EXACT situation i envisioned when i heard how much the bills like tebow! the chargers DESPERATELY need a RB and lynch is cheap for a couple more seasons and is proven and from cali. we give up probably a 3rd or 4th next year and lynch this year and move up 14 spots and get him. that puts us ahead of everyone that would be interested in him, even minnesota. and in this scenario we still have our 9 (which we take a NT with) but we can always package our 3rd and 4th or 5th to move up into the second and take a tackle like saffold that can play either right or left. and there are some VERY talented recievers rounds 5th through 7th available so we could still fill needs.
                    You believe anything you hear a month before the draft?

Lol.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
                      You believe anything you hear a month before the draft?

Lol.
                      a month before the draft? they have been hot for tebow since Nix became the GM bro. Nix specialty is scouting SEC football. his ties are in the South East region. Gailey was a QB at Florida and is alumni. I believe this has been his guy all along for that position.

Comment

• Liverpoolkev
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
                        Interesting Mock From East Coast Sports

9. Buffalo Bills...NT Dan Williams (Tennessee)...I'm going back to my original selection of Dan Williams to the Bills, since Jimmy Clausen and the top four OT's have already come off the board...Williams would help solidify the Bills defensive line and could be used in a rotation with Kyle Williams at the NT position... This move would help the Bills matchup against the Jets and Dolphins, two division rivals that are run first teams...If the Bills pass up Williams here, look for them to target NT Terrence Cody with one of their other picks, since general manager Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey were both present at Alabama's pro day workout back on March 10. *Note - See pick No. 28 for the Bills other pick in this round.

28. Buffalo Bills (Trade from San Diego)...QB Tim Tebow (Florida)...The Chargers have needs at NT, RT, HB and they need depth at DE, but none of the prospects left on the board at those positions are worthy of this pick, making them a candidate to move down...The Chargers and Bills hook up on a draft day trade, since the front offices know each other very well and the Bills are looking to move back into the round, since they didn't take a QB with their first pick...The Bills send RB Marshawn Lynch, and a late round 2011 draft pick to the Chargers, to move up 13 spots from their second round pick..The move helps the Chargers get out of this pick, fills their need at HB, and gives them back to back picks (No. 40 & 41) in the second round of the draft...Tim Tebow will need time to develop, but the Bills are interested in him because he would be a great fit in Chan Gaileys offense, and the Bills need a big splash to generate ticket sales at the box office.
                        That would be stupid trade. A better trade would be Meriman and 13 spots for Marshawn and our 2nd round pick with us selecting Spiller 9th and Cody 28th

Comment

• Akhippo
                          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Liverpoolkev
                          That would be stupid trade. A better trade would be Meriman and 13 spots for Marshawn and our 2nd round pick with us selecting Spiller 9th and Cody 28th
                          So we would get Merriman for Lynch straight up, then not have to give up anything to get into the first round. Hell sign me up!
                          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                            a month before the draft? they have been hot for tebow since Nix became the GM bro. Nix specialty is scouting SEC football. his ties are in the South East region. Gailey was a QB at Florida and is alumni. I believe this has been his guy all along for that position.
                            Allow me to rephrase then.

You believe anything you hear in the months leading up to the draft? Lol.

I'm also yet to hear anything but cherry-picked quotes from Nix/Gailey by the Tebow fangirls. They've basically said what everyone has, yeah he can lead a team, but needs a lot of work. They were asked about it because of our QB situation, it's not like they released a random statement regarding Tebow.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              that's the issue. You're drafting a player who will need a few years to be a starter and we cannot afford to draft projects no matter how promising...

but that is the only way I can see tebow seeing the field in his rookie season as a situational player. Not great value for a trade IMO for this team
                              Normally, I would agree. I thought the drafting of Maybin last year was the same thing.

But Tim Tebow has the biggest upside in the draft. IF, and its a big IF, Tebow plays as good as he did in college in the pro's, then he will be the next Peyton Manning. And who in the world would pass up on Manning now?

I like the pick of Tebow, and I like the idea of the trade with San Diengo. It shows the Bills mean business, and that they have a plan. Something that the former Front Office did not have.

Comment

Working...
                              X