PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Mock

BuffaloBlakely14
04-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Interesting Mock From East Coast Sports

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draft.html

9. Buffalo Bills...NT Dan Williams (Tennessee)...I'm going back to my original selection of Dan Williams to the Bills, since Jimmy Clausen and the top four OT's have already come off the board...Williams would help solidify the Bills defensive line and could be used in a rotation with Kyle Williams at the NT position... This move would help the Bills matchup against the Jets and Dolphins, two division rivals that are run first teams...If the Bills pass up Williams here, look for them to target NT Terrence Cody with one of their other picks, since general manager Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey were both present at Alabama's pro day workout back on March 10. *Note - See pick No. 28 for the Bills other pick in this round.

28. Buffalo Bills (Trade from San Diego)...QB Tim Tebow (Florida)...The Chargers have needs at NT, RT, HB and they need depth at DE, but none of the prospects left on the board at those positions are worthy of this pick, making them a candidate to move down...The Chargers and Bills hook up on a draft day trade, since the front offices know each other very well and the Bills are looking to move back into the round, since they didn't take a QB with their first pick...The Bills send RB Marshawn Lynch, and a late round 2011 draft pick to the Chargers, to move up 13 spots from their second round pick..The move helps the Chargers get out of this pick, fills their need at HB, and gives them back to back picks (No. 40 & 41) in the second round of the draft...Tim Tebow will need time to develop, but the Bills are interested in him because he would be a great fit in Chan Gaileys offense, and the Bills need a big splash to generate ticket sales at the box office.

YardRat
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Pass on JP Tebow.

trapezeus
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
seems a bit high for lynch and a late 2011. but if SD really just doesn't want a first round draft pick and really thinks lynch fills an immediate need at HB, then perhaps that's the deal.

i'm not for or against tebow, but i would be excited to see the tebow experiment put into action.

i think it would be cool to see tebow as the wildcat RB as he learns the offense

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
i think it would be cool to see tebow as the wildcat RB as he learns the offense

that's the issue. You're drafting a player who will need a few years to be a starter and we cannot afford to draft projects no matter how promising...

but that is the only way I can see tebow seeing the field in his rookie season as a situational player. Not great value for a trade IMO for this team

trapezeus
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
i'm against picking a qb this draft, but if it's tebow, i think him being a winner is a nice change of pace from all the other guys we've had come through.

it'll be annoying to have his politics backed by a bills jersey as he does well, but i'm so desperate for a buffalo championship, i'm rooting for anyone who can get the job done.

don137
04-11-2010, 10:38 AM
I think it has been said in an article the Bills want a player and not a pick in return. I do not mind the Bills taking Tebow in round 2 but Tebow is not worth moving up to get IMO. If he falls to them great. Too many needs to trade up.

trapezeus
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
i think if tebow is there at 28, he'll be there at 41.

getting that 28 pick and getting an OL or defensive help would be great.

JCBills
04-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Pretty awful.

jimbohastle51
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
this is the EXACT situation i envisioned when i heard how much the bills like tebow! the chargers DESPERATELY need a RB and lynch is cheap for a couple more seasons and is proven and from cali. we give up probably a 3rd or 4th next year and lynch this year and move up 14 spots and get him. that puts us ahead of everyone that would be interested in him, even minnesota. and in this scenario we still have our 9 (which we take a NT with) but we can always package our 3rd and 4th or 5th to move up into the second and take a tackle like saffold that can play either right or left. and there are some VERY talented recievers rounds 5th through 7th available so we could still fill needs.

JCBills
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
this is the EXACT situation i envisioned when i heard how much the bills like tebow! the chargers DESPERATELY need a RB and lynch is cheap for a couple more seasons and is proven and from cali. we give up probably a 3rd or 4th next year and lynch this year and move up 14 spots and get him. that puts us ahead of everyone that would be interested in him, even minnesota. and in this scenario we still have our 9 (which we take a NT with) but we can always package our 3rd and 4th or 5th to move up into the second and take a tackle like saffold that can play either right or left. and there are some VERY talented recievers rounds 5th through 7th available so we could still fill needs.

You believe anything you hear a month before the draft?

Lol.

jimbohastle51
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
You believe anything you hear a month before the draft?

Lol.

a month before the draft? they have been hot for tebow since Nix became the GM bro. Nix specialty is scouting SEC football. his ties are in the South East region. Gailey was a QB at Florida and is alumni. I believe this has been his guy all along for that position.

Liverpoolkev
04-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Interesting Mock From East Coast Sports

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draft.html

9. Buffalo Bills...NT Dan Williams (Tennessee)...I'm going back to my original selection of Dan Williams to the Bills, since Jimmy Clausen and the top four OT's have already come off the board...Williams would help solidify the Bills defensive line and could be used in a rotation with Kyle Williams at the NT position... This move would help the Bills matchup against the Jets and Dolphins, two division rivals that are run first teams...If the Bills pass up Williams here, look for them to target NT Terrence Cody with one of their other picks, since general manager Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey were both present at Alabama's pro day workout back on March 10. *Note - See pick No. 28 for the Bills other pick in this round.

28. Buffalo Bills (Trade from San Diego)...QB Tim Tebow (Florida)...The Chargers have needs at NT, RT, HB and they need depth at DE, but none of the prospects left on the board at those positions are worthy of this pick, making them a candidate to move down...The Chargers and Bills hook up on a draft day trade, since the front offices know each other very well and the Bills are looking to move back into the round, since they didn't take a QB with their first pick...The Bills send RB Marshawn Lynch, and a late round 2011 draft pick to the Chargers, to move up 13 spots from their second round pick..The move helps the Chargers get out of this pick, fills their need at HB, and gives them back to back picks (No. 40 & 41) in the second round of the draft...Tim Tebow will need time to develop, but the Bills are interested in him because he would be a great fit in Chan Gaileys offense, and the Bills need a big splash to generate ticket sales at the box office. That would be stupid trade. A better trade would be Meriman and 13 spots for Marshawn and our 2nd round pick with us selecting Spiller 9th and Cody 28th:jig:

Akhippo
04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
That would be stupid trade. A better trade would be Meriman and 13 spots for Marshawn and our 2nd round pick with us selecting Spiller 9th and Cody 28th:jig:

So we would get Merriman for Lynch straight up, then not have to give up anything to get into the first round. Hell sign me up!

JCBills
04-11-2010, 01:37 PM
a month before the draft? they have been hot for tebow since Nix became the GM bro. Nix specialty is scouting SEC football. his ties are in the South East region. Gailey was a QB at Florida and is alumni. I believe this has been his guy all along for that position.

Allow me to rephrase then.

You believe anything you hear in the months leading up to the draft? Lol.

I'm also yet to hear anything but cherry-picked quotes from Nix/Gailey by the Tebow fangirls. They've basically said what everyone has, yeah he can lead a team, but needs a lot of work. They were asked about it because of our QB situation, it's not like they released a random statement regarding Tebow.

nateodoms'bff
04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
that's the issue. You're drafting a player who will need a few years to be a starter and we cannot afford to draft projects no matter how promising...

but that is the only way I can see tebow seeing the field in his rookie season as a situational player. Not great value for a trade IMO for this team

Normally, I would agree. I thought the drafting of Maybin last year was the same thing.

But Tim Tebow has the biggest upside in the draft. IF, and its a big IF, Tebow plays as good as he did in college in the pro's, then he will be the next Peyton Manning. And who in the world would pass up on Manning now?

I like the pick of Tebow, and I like the idea of the trade with San Diengo. It shows the Bills mean business, and that they have a plan. Something that the former Front Office did not have.

jimbohastle51
04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Allow me to rephrase then.

You believe anything you hear in the months leading up to the draft? Lol.

I'm also yet to hear anything but cherry-picked quotes from Nix/Gailey by the Tebow fangirls. They've basically said what everyone has, yeah he can lead a team, but needs a lot of work. They were asked about it because of our QB situation, it's not like they released a random statement regarding Tebow.

your opinion is your opinion but i do firmly believe that in fact the Bills do want Tebow as there QB.

DrGraves
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
tebow will not be on the board for our 2nd round pick.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Normally, I would agree. I thought the drafting of Maybin last year was the same thing.

But Tim Tebow has the biggest upside in the draft. IF, and its a big IF, Tebow plays as good as he did in college in the pro's, then he will be the next Peyton Manning. And who in the world would pass up on Manning now?

I like the pick of Tebow, and I like the idea of the trade with San Diengo. It shows the Bills mean business, and that they have a plan. Something that the former Front Office did not have.

Wow !!! Tebow compared to Peyton Manning. That was a stretch beyond comprehension IMO :crazy:

I think tebow could have some upside but he won't be throwing for 5000 yards or 50 TD's ever

JCBills
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
your opinion is your opinion but i do firmly believe that in fact the Bills do want Tebow as there QB.

That's fairly one sided, because what you believe is also nothing but opinion.

jimbohastle51
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
That's fairly one sided, because what you believe is also nothing but opinion.

that is exactly what i meant.... your opinion is yours, and mine is mine - and mine is that the Bills want tebow.

JCBills
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
that is exactly what i meant.... your opinion is yours, and mine is mine - and mine is that the Bills want tebow.

But yours initially wasn't stated as such, that's exactly what I meant.

Yasgur's Farm
04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
seems a bit high for lynch and a late 2011. but if SD really just doesn't want a first round draft pick and really thinks lynch fills an immediate need at HB, then perhaps that's the deal.It generally takes a 2nd and 3rd to get back into late round 1... Bills are offering a top 10 2nd rounder... Therefore Lynch and the 2011 late rounder would need to be the equivalent of a 3rd rounder... Not that far fetched.

nateodoms'bff
04-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow !!! Tebow compared to Peyton Manning. That was a stretch beyond comprehension IMO :crazy:

I think tebow could have some upside but he won't be throwing for 5000 yards or 50 TD's ever

Did you even read what I wrote? IF he lives up to his potential, then he could be the next peyton manning. Meaning, he makes a difference on the field because he knows how to win, and makes those around him win. Meaning, leadership. I never said anything about stats. I never even implied that he would throw for 5000 yards and 50 TD's.

PECKERWOOD
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Just take Clausen, trade our 2nd round pick plus our 2011 first round pick to move back into the top half of the first round to select Anthony Davis or Charles Brown. We'd still have our 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th to fill the other holes. It's not much of a risk, if we can trade Marshawn for an extra 3rd or late 2nd, even better, if not, just hold onto him.