PDA

View Full Version : Russ Lande GM Jr.

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I just received GM Jr's Draft guide which is from Russ Lande a former scout. Anyway just was looking over it really quick he has Jon Crompton as the 2nd best QB in the draft tied with Clausen, he had Bradford #1. He admits Crompton won't be drafted early and maybe not at all but believes Crompton can do it in the NFL. Just thought I would share.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
LOL!

What's a Crompton... What size hands does he have? This would be the 1st time I heard that name

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL!

What's a Crompton... What size hands does he have? This would be the 1st time I heard that name

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175658

BILLSROCK1212
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
A couple draft gurus love Crompton, I don't get it, can someone explain??

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Crompton is a very interesting prospect because of his late success/production after struggling throughout most of his college career. He is an athletic
quarterback who can make plays with his feet and has the strong arm and good technique to make strong and accurate passes on all types of passes.
I am excited about his future because for a player to improve his mechanics, accuracy, consistency, decision making and overall production in only
one season it says that he can learn and should be able to continue to improve to become the quarterback he has the talent to be. Overall, Crompton is
going to definitely be drafted later than I have him rated, if he is drafted at all (Which is definitely possible as he was rejected by combines in spring),
but I am confident that given time to continue to develop he will become a good starting quarterback in the NFL who can make big plays passing
and with his feet. It is important for him to go to a team with a quarterback’s coach who is a strong teacher of the fundamentals in order for him to
continue to develop his talent. -Russ Lande GM Jr.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Right now he is a one year wonder.... Might be worth a late round pick but he wasn't even invited to the combine so he will slide to the 5th at least IMO.

Showed great improvement under a new coach his senior year, has great size and athletic ability, but needs developement time.

I can not find his hand measurements, but anything under 9.5" = bust

The Spaz
04-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Right now he is a one year wonder.... Might be worth a late round pick but he wasn't even invited to the combine so he will slide to the 5th at least IMO.

Showed great improvement under a new coach his senior year, has great size and athletic ability, but needs developement time.

I can not find his hand measurements, but anything under 9.5" = bust

Well you would be happy to know he has 10 inch hands...lol

SABURZFAN
04-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I just received GM Jr's Draft guide which is from Russ Lande a former scout. Anyway just was looking over it really quick he has Jon Crompton as the 2nd best QB in the draft tied with Clausen, he had Bradford #1. He admits Crompton won't be drafted early and maybe not at all but believes Crompton can do it in the NFL. Just thought I would share.

he was on GR55 this past week and said that in his interview.

ddaryl
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Well you would be happy to know he has 10 inch hands...lol

Anything over 9.5" is optimal for a pro QB....

So at least he has that going for him

Nighthawk
04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I've watched Crompton play and I really don't see what the buzz is about. I may be wrong, but he doesn't jump out at me.

jdbillsfan
04-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Casserly or Lombardi was high on Kafka at QB. Said he was very accurate.

Could be an interesting late round pick as well.

jayhall93
04-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Russ Lande had Marc Bulger rated very high the year he was drafted.

In the right system, bulger was very good.

Crompton is a one year wonder of sorts, but that year was really good.

He's gonna be drafted waay higher than some expect, imo....

End of Rd 2 i think.

YardRat
04-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I believe Night Train and Ron Burgundy have pointed out Crompton as possibly being a decent mid-round pick for the Bills.

DraftBoy
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I believe Night Train and Ron Burgundy have pointed out Crompton as possibly being a decent mid-round pick for the Bills.
I know Night Train is very high on him. If you look at the end of his season he really turned it on.

justasportsfan
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
:snicker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqr9EFJuwYg

k-oneputt
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Just another qb were someone can say I told you so. If you watched him play he wasn't very good in his college career. I really don't see how this guy thinks he's athletic, and I don't see him going at the end of rd.2. Hand size ??? that's another one. Get the draft here already.

Ron Burgundy
04-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I know Night Train is very high on him. If you look at the end of his season he really turned it on.

Crompton's weird...he might be a late bloomer, though, and I don't think we'd have to spend a high draft pick on him.

Crompton, Perriloux, and lil' Riley Skinner are my favorite third day/FA quarterback prospects.

DraftBoy
04-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Crompton's weird...he might be a late bloomer, though, and I don't think we'd have to spend a high draft pick on him.

Crompton, Perriloux, and lil' Riley Skinner are my favorite third day/FA quarterback prospects.

Put up great stats to end his career there, tough to gauge it though. The Kiffin transition was tough for a lot of those guys. I spoke with former OG Jacques McClendon the other day for an interview and he said a lot of the seniors weren't happy with the change.

Here is NT's old thread on him;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=189465

I think people forget just how much Crompton turned his year around starting against UGA.

He went 5-3 with stats like this;
122 of 197 61.9%, 1727 yards, 16 TD, and 5 INT

That's really good stats against almost all SEC Defenses and one of the best ACC defenses.

PECKERWOOD
04-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I caught a couple games of his, he seemed to be either really hot or really cold.

TedMock
04-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Russ started pounding the Crompton table several months ago. He has continuously had him at the top of his list. As of a several weeks ago he put Crompton as his number 2 QB and has kept him there. He's a good guy who knows his stuff and isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong. a couple of weeks ago he told me he completely missed on Beason, for example. He liked Beason in the 2nd-3rd round. As for QB's, he likes Bradford & Crompton. He's really impressed with how Crompton was able to make changes that stuck for the rest of the season. He doesn't hate Clausen or Pike, but doesn't love either. He didn't seem to trust any of the others. He is a former NFL scout though, so it doesn't hurt to see what he says. If you want his thoughts on anybody else, let me know.

Night Train
04-11-2010, 05:32 PM

He started off slow again this season, then in his last 8 games he looked like the most NFL ready QB in the Draft. Throws a great ball and can hit the tight seam route, slant & deep post. A complete reversal from his 2008 season, when he looked completely lost and had little confidence. Kiffen must have lit a fire under him.

It's really how the Bills view his film and whether they believe he can stay consistent. Which QB is he ? The lost one or the one that finished the year looking like a QB who should be starting on Sunday ?

This is a very weak year for QB's and he's getting many second looks with good reason.

Buffalogic
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I like that Kafka guy too but his arm strength is questionable. He looks big and accurate though.

better days
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I heard Buddy Nix on Shredd & Ragan say that 70% of QB's drafted fail. For that reason I think it is a great idea to pick a QB in the mid to late rnds every year until they hit on one. Brady, Montana, etc, every once in a while a team lucks out.

TigerJ
04-11-2010, 08:21 PM
The Sporting News Draft Guide also has Crompton highly rated. I guess that means it's not a fluke. There are legitimate reasons to like Crompton. I his favor, it appears as if Fulmer had become ineffective as head coach of the Tennessee Volunteers. When an younger, more gifted coach arrived, it gave Crompton the extra "oomph" he needed to blossom. I think Crompton might do well as a pro.

ServoBillieves
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
IF we had a proven, soon to be released veteran starter on the roster at QB, I would absolutely LOVE Mike Kafka as a pick in a mid round. He's big, has the accuracy and the intelligence to be an NFL quarterback, he just needs time to develop at the pro level and get the arm strength a bit better.

jamze132
04-12-2010, 01:49 AM
We'll take him in the 1st.