X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Free Agency-Think We're Done Yet?

What are your thoughts about the Bills' free agency plans? Do you think they'll look to bring in another TE? Maybe more secondary help? Another OG or C possibly? Or, do you think they've done what they're going to do in terms of bringing in free agents?
  • Doc
    • Dec 2002

TD said they want to bring in another OL and DL before training camp starts.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I still believe we will resign Bill Conaty and Chidi Ahanatou...other than that I think we are done but with TD you never know.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

no way we resign CA.. imho..

i think we bring in mark bruener when he gets cut.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

We should re-sign Conaty, who is not the most talented guy, but is a real gamer. I don't tnink Chidi would be an upgrade over our current DEs.

Not sure there's anyone else out there of real interest.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
            no way we resign CA.. imho..

i think we bring in mark bruener when he gets cut.
            Really? I wonder. Do you think they'd keep 3 TEs and use Moore as a long snapper/special teamer, or would one of them be gone? I would have to think Moore would be gone if they don't keep 3 and they go after Bruener. I like Moore and I think they should keep him if possible, but they have to do what's best for the team.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

they will keep 3 TEs regardless of if one is a LS or not.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fat Tony
                • Sep 2002

From a D&C story this weekend-

Seattle free agent guard-tackle Floyd Wedderburn visited Ralph Wilson Stadium on Thursday but the team determined he had too many injury issues to sign. Donahoe said there is no interest in former Bill Marcus Spriggs.

The Bills did study signing Stokes, but determined he wouldn’t be an upgrade, instead turning to Jett.

Makes you wonder - with the ailments Jones, McKenzie, and Magahee had- what did this guy have that was worse? Was he decapitated or something? Did he have only 1 arm? A wooden leg?

Comment

• The Quebecer
                  • Jan 2003

According to this list of free agents DE (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagents/de.html), there isn't much available...

So my take is that if TD wants to bring another DL it will be at DT, where there is still some interesting players available:
                  (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagents/dt.html)
                  My choice would be: C. McGlockton. No stater anymore, but very good backup to give a breather to Adams/Williams. Will have to come at vet minimum.

As for OL, my take is that TD will want someone versatile that can play OG & C. Conaty might be an option or someone on these lists: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagents/g.html & http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/freeagents/c.html.

Anyway, just my 0.02 $

Later,
                  Pat
                  "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
                  In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
                  In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I thought I heard that Dusty Ziegler was cut by the Giants a while ago. Is he still available?

He'd make a great addition as a back up center! He played well for us when he was here before.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                      My IQ Test results came back negative
                      • Oct 2002

i think were done with the big names guys though.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                        I thought I heard that Dusty Ziegler was cut by the Giants a while ago. Is he still available?

He'd make a great addition as a back up center! He played well for us when he was here before.
                        He had microfracture surgery - the same surgey as Germany - and is planning on taking year off to rehab knee which is why he was cut by Giants - he failed physical.

Comment

• Doc
                          • Dec 2002

They should offer Ziegler a contract and then when he's about to sign, pull it out from under his nose. Screw the bastid!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by G. Host

He had microfracture surgery - the same surgey as Germany - and is planning on taking year off to rehab knee which is why he was cut by Giants - he failed physical.

Awww...I didn't know about that.

Thanks for the info!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Doc
                              They should offer Ziegler a contract and then when he's about to sign, pull it out from under his nose. Screw the bastid!
                              Well, he did go to Notre Dame, right? Another reason for me not to like the golden domers!

Comment

Working...
                              X