X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

The Jimmy Clausen Bandwagon: All Aboard

This thread is for those who want the Bills to draft Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen. For all those who disagree please stay out of this thread as you have 25 of your own already.

All aboard the Clausen to Buffalo thread. Please post your reasons for wanting this now.

I'll start.

1.I am sick of trying to get by with scraps at QB. Trent Edwards is not an NFL QB, he is shot.

2.He will make Dolphins, Pats, and Jets fans angry. One person said Clausen made him want to punch him in the face. Good, sounds like Kaleta!

3.He has the arm to play in Buffalo and he has a gunslinger mentality.

4. He is NFL ready and can start this year.

5.He is tough and played through pain last year.

6.I am a huge proponent of dominating the line of scrimmage but a good QB is far more of a game changer than a good LT. This current team needs a drastic change. The Bills are so bad that they bore me. At least with Clausen I will want to turn on the TV next year.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: The Jimmy Clausen Bandwagon: All Aboard

I've been on this bandwagon for months now. I truly see the importance of trying to protect the QB, but the problem is, we don't HAVE a QB yet to protect. If Clausen falls to 9 and Trent Williams is not there, then they have got to pull the trigger. I think it's as simple as that.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I will trust Buddy & Chans judgement in whichever QB they select. If Clausen is the man, so be it, I will be on board although I would rather have a LT in the 1st if one of the top ones are there.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

I'd be happy. I really don't think we draft him though. Just have that gut feeling.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
          • Apr 2007

Clausen is usually derided because of the college from which he hails and because of some- perceived or accurate- arrogance and lack of leadership abilities (that label doesn't seem supporting by the fact that he was voted a captain by his Fighting Irish peers. And on the field, Clausen engineered just about every Irish win last year by leading a comeback).

Anyway, there is a lot to like about Clausen:

- Clausen showed real toughness on the field last year, playing well and playing through a debillitating toe turf injury.

- Clausen is well-versed in a pro-style offense; most of his peers are not.

- Clausen can quickly and effectively read and dissect defenses (in part because of his pro-style knowledge and experience) and owns the presence of mind to go through all of his progressions, a rare ability for a young QB.

- Clausen was remarkably accurate last year and also showed good touch on his throws; he seemed to recognize when to unleash it and when to show restraint.

- Contrary to some opinions, Clausen certainly has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws. ESPN's NFL stat guy Seth Joyner did a lot to dispel these 'concerns.'

- Clausen's decision-making was superb last season; a 28:4 TD/INT ratio is exceptional. He did have Tate and Floyd at wideout, and a solid TE in Rudolph. But Floyd missed half of the year, and there was no discernible difference in Clausen's level of play during his absence. Clausen still played sublimely.

- Clausen showed strong growth in his development from a freshman to a junior. That indicates that he's tractable/impressionable to coaching, which is something that's absolutely necessary for a young QB to succeed in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm less sure that he'll be available at 9 than I am that he'd amount to a good draft pick.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

not happening

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I still don't think this team is ready for a QB, with no WR's and a terrible OL.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Fix the trenches and make a huge move next year for Jake Locker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

If it happens, I'm not going to cry. If the Bills brass decides that he isn't the direction they want to go, then I'd be fine with that. Umm, unless they draft a CB, then I might puke!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    Fix the trenches and make a huge move next year for Jake Locker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    And that 58% COLLEGE completion percentage as well as almost as many picks as TDs in his college career? Locker and Mallett are going to be Tim Couch like busts. Just wait and see. Except Couch was actually good in college unlike Locker and Mallett.
                    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be unhappy with the pick...I just don't think he will be there at #9.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                        And that 58% COLLEGE completion percentage as well as almost as many picks as TDs in his college career? Locker and Mallett are going to be Tim Couch like busts. Just wait and see. Except Couch was actually good in college unlike Locker and Mallett.

Dude stop it. LMFAO. You have no idea on how Locker will be as a pro... and college stats need ot be diagnosed with the situation division and type of O amongst other things. But most experts have Locker as th etop QB in 2011. The fact he went back to school says a lot about his character as well IMO. locker would have been drafted ahead of Clausen in tis draft easily, and probabaly even Bradford had he declared

Locker is on a crappy team with little to no support. He chose the Huskies because he is a local boy. The huskies just started to look like an organization that may start winning soon after being inelidgible and had recruiting restirctions for years after violations. This past year was the 1st year the team actually started winning a few games.

but none of those arguments matter because the fact is next years QB class will be better then this years, and we still have huge holes to fill in areas that will protect any young QB.

I owuld be more then happy to wait till next year for a top signal caller in the 2010 draft.
                        Last edited by ddaryl; 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

I'm a big fan of drafting Clausen but not putting him in until we address offensive line. I would put Fitz or Edwards in to get smashed.

The last thing we want is to draft Clausen, then get him killed. Saffold in the second would go a long way at convincing me that a Clausen move was a good idea.
                          Last edited by BillsWin; 04-11-2010, 04:26 PM.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Exactly, we oughta draft Clausen and then dump every single pick we got into our OL and into targets for Clausen, even if we have to mortgage our 1st round pick next year.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I still don't think this team is ready for a QB, with no WR's and a terrible OL.
                              The Bills had TWO VERY GOOD WR's last year. After seeing the QB play last year I think the Bills are MORE than ready for a QB. They will upgrade the O-line as well. I don't understand why some people don't think they can do both.

Comment

Working...
                              X