• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

It's Boston!

listening to the post game show on WGR55 and you just won't guess what they open the post-game with, the RJ's call from 1993 Boston Vs. Buffalo the "MayDay" goal
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: It's Boston!

rask scares me. only reason i don't want to run into them.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Buffalo in 5!

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Boston in 6
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          Boston in 6
          OP is that you??

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

1992 -- lost to Boston, 4-3, Adams Division semifinals
            1993 -- defeated Boston, 4-0, Adams Division semifinals

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
              OP is that you??
              45 GP, 1.96 GAA, .931 S%, 5 shutouts, 3 assists

Tukka Rask is the real deal.

Stats against Buffalo:
              4-1
              1.43 GAA
              .955 S%

It won't be as much of a breeze you think it'll be. Don't ever compare me to Op.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Stats against Buffalo:
                4-1
                1.43 GAA
                .955 S%

It won't be as much of a breeze you think it'll be. Don't ever compare me to Op.
                Thanks for bolding that and increasing the fonts, LW.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Boston in 6. Philly would have been a MUCH better matchup for us, but this team got lazy. Ennis ****ed us with that dumb penalty and the missed empty net.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                    Thanks for bolding that and increasing the fonts, LW.
                    First Op, now LW..

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      • Feb 2006

Stats against Buffalo:
                      4-1
                      1.43 GAA
                      .955 S%

Dude who cares this is the playoffs now. And from top to bottom we have the better team. The only chance for Boston to win is for Rask to spin on his head so much that he drills a hole into the ice. Yea he's good but get off his jock, they need more than him to win and they don't have it.

Comment

• snow1989
                        • Sep 2003

Rask is for real, quite competent in net, but I agree he'd have to stand on his head to win the series...we have a bit more scoring punch if we can get our act together. Plus, we have Miller, also the real deal and capable of stealing games.

I'm going to be more worried about our defense. Myers? Nahh, he handled everything thrown at him and I figure he'll be aable to handle the pressure of the playoffs. I'm more worried about Butler and Sekera. If they can cut down the mistakes and just play solid...nothing spectacular even...we should do alright.

I look for the Sabres to take it in 6 games.
                        I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• BSXIII
                          Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
                          • Apr 2004

I'm a big Bruins fan and have watched just about every one of their games this year. I'm not expecting much from them in the playoffs but am hoping to be surprised. Style wise, I think Buffalo is the most favorable matchup for them out of the top 4 seeds.

Goalies - Both Rask and Thomas are capable of standing on their heads and have both carried the Bruins to a lot of wins this year, but the Bruins also play a good defensive system that limits scoring chances. Goaltending won't be a problem for them.

Defensemen - Chara is very good, but overall I give their centers more credit for the team defense and limiting scoring chances. Dennis Wideman has been a horror show this year and is a turnover machine. Both he and Matt Hunwick give up multiple odd man rushes each game with careless turnovers. They also miss a ton of shots from the point, often killing great scoring chances and sending a rush up the other end. They'll need to be more careful with the puck in the playoffs, but playing too consertive could really hinder the offense. Dennis Seidenburg really helped the unit since coming over at the deadline, but he's out for the season.

Centers - Even without Savard, the Bruins have gotten great play out of their centers. Bergeron and Krejci are both underrated players who's numbers would be a lot better if they had some help from their wingers. They play excellent defense, and create a lot of scoring chances which their wingers often can't handle.

Wingers - I can't lump all their forwards together, because their centers have been great and their wingers have been awful. They don't really have any defensive liabilities here, with the possible exception of Lucic, but they just don't score many goals. Satan has come on strong lately, but the rest of the guys are always missing the net and bumbling away great feeds. Sturm and Ryder are streaky, but have never been anything special. Lucic has played well the past two postseasons, but so far this season has been useless.

Special teams - The power play has been brutal. They can move the puck and create scoring chances, but then will bumble the shot or miss the net. It's been bad all season, anemic since Savard went down and I don't really see it improving anytime soon. Their penalty kill has been superb, and they can score short-handed goals. Yesterday they scored 3 short-handers in 64 seconds. Obviously that's not the norm, but they can create scoring chances shorthanded.

Overall, they've been very inconsistent. The effort just isn't there every night. They had an 11 game losing streak this year, and I can't think of any extended run of good solid play. It's mainly been win one lose one, although they have probably played their best hockey of the season this past month. They are a much better road team, and were booed off the ice multiple times this past month. Everytime they seem to have turned the corner they seem to have a big set-back and have no showed some really big games this year. They are capable of physical play, but haven't showed it nearly as much this year and more often than not have been flat out soft.

They have the goaltending and defense to be dangerous in the playoffs, but their offense and especially anemic powerplay leave me not expecting much from them.
                          Last edited by BSXIII; 04-11-2010, 08:29 PM.
                          I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BSXIII
                            I'm a big Bruins fan and have watched just about every one of their games this year. I'm not expecting much from them in the playoffs but am hoping to be surprised. Style wise, I think Buffalo is the most favorable matchup for them out of the top 4 seeds.

Goalies - Both Rask and Thomas are capable of standing on their heads and have both carried the Bruins to a lot of wins this year, but the Bruins also play a good defensive system that limits scoring chances. Goaltending won't be a problem for them.

Defensemen - Chara is very good, but overall I give their centers more credit for the team defense and limiting scoring chances. Dennis Wideman has been a horror show this year and is a turnover machine. Both he and Matt Hunwick give up multiple odd man rushes each game with careless turnovers. They also miss a ton of shots from the point, often killing great scoring chances and sending a rush up the other end. They'll need to be more careful with the puck in the playoffs, but playing too consertive could really hinder the offense. Dennis Seidenburg really helped the unit since coming over at the deadline, but he's out for the season.

Centers - Even without Savard, the Bruins have gotten great play out of their centers. Bergeron and Krejci are both underrated players who's numbers would be a lot better if they had some help from their wingers. They play excellent defense, and create a lot of scoring chances which their wingers often can't handle.

Wingers - I can't lump all their forwards together, because their centers have been great and their wingers have been awful. They don't really have any defensive liabilities here, with the possible exception of Lucic, but they just don't score many goals. Satan has come on strong lately, but the rest of the guys are always missing the net and bumbling away great feeds. Sturm and Ryder are streaky, but have never been anything special. Lucic has played well the past two postseasons, but so far this season has been useless.

Special teams - The power play has been brutal. They can move the puck and create scoring chances, but then will bumble the shot or miss the net. It's been bad all season, anemic since Savard went down and I don't really see it improving anytime soon. Their penalty kill has been superb, and they can score short-handed goals. Yesterday they scored 3 short-handers in 64 seconds. Obviously that's not the norm, but they can create scoring chances shorthanded.

Overall, they've been very inconsistent. The effort just isn't there every night. They had an 11 game losing streak this year, and I can't think of any extended run of good solid play. It's mainly been win one lose one, although they have probably played their best hockey of the season this past month. They are a much better road team, and were booed off the ice multiple times this past month. Everytime they seem to have turned the corner they seem to have a big set-back and have no showed some really big games this year. They are capable of physical play, but haven't showed it nearly as much this year and more often than not have been flat out soft.

They have the goaltending and defense to be dangerous in the playoffs, but their offense and especially anemic powerplay leave me not expecting much from them.
                            Yeah, what he said.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Offense: Buffalo
                              Defense: Buffalo
                              Goaltending: Boston
                              Penalty Kill: Even (1st of playoff teams) (Bos: 2nd)
                              Power Play: Even (12th of 16 playoff teams) (Bos: 14th)
                              Coaching: Buffalo

...but I still have a bad feeling about this one. I hope to God I'm wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X