PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

SABURZFAN
04-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Forked from: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3204923)

For a fifth round pick in this year's draft.

if you were in charge of the Bills, would you have given up a 5th rounder? better yet, would you have given up a 4th rounder?

discuss.....

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 05:34 AM
I read he is about to be suspended for 4 games for substance abuse.

No thanks.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 05:41 AM
No. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie in the draft.

Night Train
04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
On the surface, you would instantly answer " Yes " but there must be far more to this yet to be told story.

Pittsburgh has a pretty smart Front Office, so I'm guessing this guy is a ticking time bomb with many more issues than we know.

Ickybaluky
04-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Yeah, in terms of talent this is silly. He had 79 Rec for 1,248 Yards and 5 TD last year.

It has to be his reputation as a pothead. The Steelers must believe he can't keep himself from smoking, and now that he is in the program he will be tested a lot more. If he is a serial pot-smoker he will get caught again.

It would be pretty funny if he fails another test between now and the season. That means his pending announcement for a 4-game suspension would be a 1 year suspension.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-12-2010, 06:32 AM
I read he is about to be suspended for 4 games for substance abuse.

No thanks.

If that's the case, then the market is set for what we can get for Lynch.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Not just pot, he is being accused of throwing a glass at a woman in a club and cutting her eye.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Forked from: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3204923)

if you were in charge of the Bills, would you have given up a 5th rounder? better yet, would you have given up a 4th rounder?

discuss.....
If the Bills were close to being good than I would do it. The problem is they are not. So there is no reason to trade for a player who's not going to help you in the near future since the Bills don't have a QB that could consistently get him the ball.

DraftBoy
04-12-2010, 07:36 AM
The more I read about this the more it appears as though Pitt is making a move in anticipation of Holmes screwing up again in the near future.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Plus he will most likely be suspended for 4 games I heard. The guy is even more of a thug than Marshawn, who by the way we would be fine with getting a 5th round pick for.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I would not be fine for a 5th for Lynch. It has to be at least a 3rd otherwise we need a player in return.

Dicknoze69
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
The more I read about this the more it appears as though Pitt is making a move in anticipation of Holmes screwing up again in the near future.

Holmes is also a free agent after this season, and the Steelers didn't plan on extending his contract.

THRILLHO
04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I would of taken him, just so another AFC East team did not get him....

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I would not be fine for a 5th for Lynch. It has to be at least a 3rd otherwise we need a player in return.

Who is going to give up a 3rd for a fat RB with 2 strikes against him. The Steelers just got a 5th round pick for a Super Bowl MVP coming off a very productive year.

This isn't a game of Madden.

Ron Burgundy
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Not just pot, he is being accused of throwing a glass at a woman in a club and cutting her eye.

In addtion, he also enjoys showing the world his dong, a la Chris Cooley and Visanthe Shiancoe.

billz83
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
HELL YA i would have gave up a 4th rounder without a DOUBT! and yes i KNOWW he got suspended 4 games! who the **** cares?!?! he is a BETTER WR then anyone on this roster besides Evans..so after 4 games we would have an EXCELLENT wr and he is extremely talented! the bills never get good players though they only get BACKUPS and practice squad crap...until wilson is gone this will continue to occur.