PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of nervous Nellies on this site

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I am not worried about Boston at all. They snuck into the playoffs and have 0 scoring ability.

Sabres in 5.

People need to get off Tuuka Rask's Nutsack already... :puke:

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah, why should fans of a team with no true scorers be nervous about playing a team with a hot goalie that split the season series with us and beat us 3-0 last week?

The King
04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
The Bruins are not that good, but goal tending will will this series, which ever goalie makes less mistakes wins.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, why should fans of a team with no true scorers be nervous about playing a team with a hot goalie that split the season series with us and beat us 3-0 last week?

Buffalo has no scorers?

What about Boston?

For the year, Buffalo had 235 goals and Boston 206. 206 was the secondest fewest in the NHL.

I agree with the goalie part, but Buffalo is better at scoring.

And Vanek is a goal scorer. Look his average per year.

The King
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I think the Bruins ended up facing the only team they have a chance at beating. Which will make for a good series.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Buffalo has no scorers?

What about Boston?

For the year, Buffalo had 235 goals and Boston 206. 206 was the secondest fewest in the NHL.

I agree with the goalie part, but Buffalo is better at scoring.

And Vanek is a goal scorer. Look his average per year.

Better than the 2nd fewest in the NHL? Wow, I'm impressed.

There's a difference between "better" and "good", or even between "better" and "good enough."

And "secondest?"

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
We have a **** load more true scorers than they do and a better goalie and defense.

WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT LAST WEEK WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYONE.

Only idiots would expect a first place team to lose a 7 game series to a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Sure it could happen but to expect it is idiotic.

G Wolly
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Because finishing the season 1st in goals against and save percentage was due to luck.

:rolleyes:

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
We have a **** load more true scorers than they do and a better goalie and defense.

WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT LAST WEEK WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYONE.

Only idiots would expect a first place team to lose a 7 game series to a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Sure it could happen but to expect it is idiotic.

Zero is a ****load more than they have? What true goal scorers do we have? Vanek is inconsistent, as is Roy. Pominville either fans or shoots the puck wide of the goal on every scoring chance he gets. Connolly gets most of his points on assists and isn't playing anyway. Kennedy has been better lately but can hardly be described as a "scorer." Hecht is soft, and the rest of our fwd's are more bruisers than scorers: Gaustad, Torres, Grier, Kaleta, Mair.

Only idiots wouldn't see how a team that went 2-2-2 against us in the regular season, beat us 3-0 in the last meeting, and has a hot goaltender isn't a serious threat.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Zero is a ****load more than they have? What true goal scorers do we have? Vanek is inconsistent, as is Roy. Pominville either fans or shoots the puck wide of the goal on every scoring chance he gets. Connolly gets most of his points on assists and isn't playing anyway. Kennedy has been better lately but can hardly be described as a "scorer." Hecht is soft, and the rest of our fwd's are more bruisers than scorers: Gaustad, Torres, Grier, Kaleta, Mair.

Only idiots wouldn't see how a team that went 2-2-2 against us in the regular season, beat us 3-0 in the last meeting, and has a hot goaltender isn't a serious threat.
You ****ing Bruins fan GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Because finishing the season 1st in goals against and save percentage was due to luck.

Not luck, he is good, but he also had a smaller sampling of games which is an advantage in stats.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:16 AM

45 games to 69

Save percentages are virtually the same.

Should he even qualify for the GAA with only half the season played?

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Tuuka is good and it's ok to be nervous, it's the playoffs.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
You ****ing Bruins fan GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!

I'm hardly a Bruins fan. I'm a Sabres fan who happens to look at things objectively and realistically rather than through blue-and-gold colored glasses.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 10:20 AM

There's a difference between "better" and "good", or even between "better" and "good enough."

And "secondest?"

Actually the Sabres were:

1st in the NE in goal scoring.
4th in the East in goal scoring
10th in the NHL in goal scoring

The Bruins were:

last in the NE
last in the East
31st in the NHL.

You are wrong about the goal scoring. Flat out wrong. You have no facts to support your argument.

I agree the series is scary. But the goal scoring for the Sabres is not as bad as you claim if one looks at actual facts and data.

And secondest is a new word.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm hardly a Bruins fan. I'm a Sabres fan who happens to look at things objectively and realistically rather than through blue-and-gold colored glasses.
If you looked at things realistically you wouldn't be worried about this series.

Realistically the Sabres are a MUCH better team with a better goalie, coach, defense and scoring.

YOU SUCK DICK AT BEING A REALIST....

G Wolly
04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Scoring and Goalie-ing aside, Boston is more intimidating than us. They're more physical than our guys and aside from a few bright spots on our team, we're gonna get knocked around.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Scoring and Goalie-ing aside, Boston is more intimidating than us. They're more physical than our guys and aside from a few bright spots on our team, we're gonna get knocked around.

Knocked around by the team that stood by as their leading scorer was leveled and taken off on a stretcher?

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Well, except for those 24 times he did score.

Bostons leading goal scorer is Marco Sturm with 22 goals.

He would be 4th on the Sabres, behind Vanek, Roy, and Pominville and would be one ahead of Hecht. The Sabres had 4 guys with more than 20 goals, Boston had one guy with more than 20 goals. Boston had 7 guys with 10 or more goals. The Sabres have 12.

The goal scoring is not just a matter of being better. The team in this series that can't score is Boston.

Why you can't ever acknowledge the oppositions weaknesses is confusing.You nitpick the hell out of the Sabres, but when it comes to Boston the same criteria do not apply.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Knocked around by the team that stood by as their leading scorer was leveled and taken off on a stretcher?
Seriously!

I must have missed the memo but Boston is not an overly physical team.

qcsabresfan84
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM

You might like to look at yourself as objective, but you're a fan of the team so you're definitely not. Objective people such as those in the media don't consider us as bad of a team as you do. Some of them actually think we're a quality team, and they're not being homers.

Just out of curiosity and assuming that you judge every team as harshly as you do ours, is there only one good team per year in the entire league? It seem like in your point of view if a team doesn't win the cup, then they are simply not a good hockey team.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Satan and Paille play key roles on that team for christ sake...

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKEEE!!!!!!

OpIv37
Well, except for those 24 times he did score.

Bostons leading goal scorer is Marco Sturm with 22 goals.

He would be 4th on the Sabres, behind Vanek, Roy, and Pominville and would be one ahead of Hecht. The Sabres had 4 guys with more than 20 goals, Boston had one guy with more than 20 goals. Boston had 7 guys with 10 or more goals. The Sabres have 12.

The goal scoring is not just a matter of being better. The team in this series that can't score is Boston.

Why you can't ever acknowledge the oppositions weaknesses is confusing.You nitpick the hell out of the Sabres, but when it comes to Boston the same criteria do not apply.

I don't watch Boston 50 or 60 times a year. I do watch Buffalo 50 or 60 times a year. I simply don't know enough about Boston to nitpick their problems like I do with Buffalo. I just know that Boston has a hot goaltender and the Sabres aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. That's a scary combination.

THATHURMANATOR
I don't watch Boston 50 or 60 times a year. I do watch Buffalo 50 or 60 times a year. I simply don't know enough about Boston to nitpick their problems like I do with Buffalo. I just know that Boston has a hot goaltender and the Sabres aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. That's a scary combination.
Scary if you are a defeatist crybaby.

G Wolly
04-12-2010, 10:31 AM

That's where I'm at. So pardon me if my opinions don't please the majority.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:33 AM
You might like to look at yourself as objective, but you're a fan of the team so you're definitely not. Objective people such as those in the media don't consider us as bad of a team as you do. Some of them actually think we're a quality team, and they're not being homers.

Just out of curiosity and assuming that you judge every team as harshly as you do ours, is there only one good team per year in the entire league? It seem like in your point of view if a team doesn't win the cup, then they are simply not a good hockey team.

And those people in the media don't watch the team nearly as much as the people on this board do, myself included.

And like I just said, I don't know enough about the other teams because I don't watch them as much. If I did, I'd probably be just as harsh.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Not that this is the only way to measure this stat, but Buffalo had 333 penalty minutes. Boston 300. Buffalo had 28 majors, Boston 49. So I am not sure that is completely true.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM

My point is that the Sabres are not offensive weaklings either as you have been claiming. They are, in fact, better than average. Yet you keep saying they can't score. But Boston is an offensive weakling.

Isn't that a factor at all? You have not said anything about Boston's offensive issues. Without even watching them, you can see it is true.

Michael82
04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Well said, Thurm! I listened to the radio and everyone is *****ing and moaning and basically talking about how we are going to be crushed by Boston because they are red hot right now. I'm not afraid. Boston is a joke, they are winning with smoke and mirrors and Miller is definitely better than Rask!

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Well said, Thurm! I listened to the radio and everyone is *****ing and moaning and basically talking about how we are going to be crushed by Boston because they are red hot right now. I'm not afraid. Boston is a joke, they are winning with smoke and mirrors and Miller is definitely better than Rask!
The People calling in on the radio are FGTS...

Ebenezer
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
JD Sabre already has Rask as good as Patrick Roy....he's a good young goalie but let's keep it in perspective, people.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
If none of us know enough about Boston, let's take Bedard's word since he follows the team. Last I knew, he was guzzling bleach because they have been so bad this year.

Michael82
04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
If none of us know enough about Boston, let's take Bedard's word since he follows the team. Last I knew, he was guzzling bleach because they have been so bad this year.
Exactly! He's been talking about how they didn't even deserve the playoffs and saying he would fire the coach.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:56 AM

And one more thing, I'm so sick of this bipolar relationship with the media on this site. Every time they say something critical about the Bills or the Sabres, everyone destroys them and says they don't follow the team enough and don't know what they're talking about.

But then when they give the Bills or Sabres some credit, suddenly they're "objective observers" again. Please.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
And one more thing, I'm so sick of this bipolar relationship with the media on this site. Every time they say something critical about the Bills or the Sabres, everyone destroys them and says they don't follow the team enough and don't know what they're talking about.

But then when they give the Bills or Sabres some credit, suddenly they're "objective observers" again. Please.
Why are you bringing the media into this. I am not.

If the Sabres lose the series I will quit posting in the Sabres zone and I will publically congratulate you.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
My point is that the Sabres are not offensive weaklings either as you have been claiming. They are, in fact, better than average. Yet you keep saying they can't score. But Boston is an offensive weakling.

Isn't that a factor at all? You have not said anything about Boston's offensive issues. Without even watching them, you can see it is true.

Because if the Sabres can't score, all it takes is one from Boston. MBB already said it best- the team that wins this series is the team whose goalie makes less mistakes. Miller has more playoff experience and is the better overall goalie, but Rask is red hot right now and just shut out the Sabres last week.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Don't you do the same thing to people here?

Somebody says something positive and they are a homer.

Say something negative and you are fair-minded and unbiased.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Why are you bringing the media into this. I am not.

If the Sabres lose the series I will quit posting in the Sabres zone and I will publically congratulate you.

you may not be, but the guy I quoted was.

Hey- I'm not trying to chase you or anyone else out of here. I don't mind disagreeing- that's what keeps this place interesting.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Don't you do the same thing to people here?

Somebody says something positive and they are a homer.

Say something negative and you are fair-minded and unbiased.

I never accuse people of being homers simply because they said something positive. I accuse them of being homers when they say something positive with no logic or data to back it up, or when they call my realistic comments "negative", or when they try to dismiss a legitimate criticism with "it's only one game," etc.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Because if the Sabres can't score, all it takes is one from Boston. MBB already said it best- the team that wins this series is the team whose goalie makes less mistakes. Miller has more playoff experience and is the better overall goalie, but Rask is red hot right now and just shut out the Sabres last week.

Again, he beat Buffalo when they had nothing to play for and were missing four of their top scorers.

And he didn't shut them out.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 12:05 PM
how can you not be nervous???? Are you not a buffalo sports fan? Do you not know how these things end up???

Of course i'm rooting for the team to win the whole thing. yes, i'm excited for the possibiliites. But since the last time we were in the playoffs and suppose to win the whole thing as president trophy winners, it's a little nervewracking to watch an inconsistent team (that awful stretch before and after the Olympics) that gets out physicalled in physical games routinely face a team that they struggled to beat including a shut out loss the last time we played.

The bruins have their problems, but the pressure is on the sabres. and what has their excuse been for like 3 years. "when we are at home,the pressure to please the crowd makes us play poorly at times." Yeah, they have a great home record, but pressure and this team go together like a volatile reactor....

So i hope for the best, expect for the worse, and then try to laugh off the actual results.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
how can you not be nervous???? Are you not a buffalo sports fan? Do you not know how these things end up???

Of course i'm rooting for the team to win the whole thing. yes, i'm excited for the possibiliites. But since the last time we were in the playoffs and suppose to win the whole thing as president trophy winners, it's a little nervewracking to watch an inconsistent team (that awful stretch before and after the Olympics) that gets out physicalled in physical games routinely face a team that they struggled to beat including a shut out loss the last time we played.

The bruins have their problems, but the pressure is on the sabres. and what has their excuse been for like 3 years. "when we are at home,the pressure to please the crowd makes us play poorly at times." Yeah, they have a great home record, but pressure and this team go together like a volatile reactor....

So i hope for the best, expect for the worse, and then try to laugh off the actual results.

I agree with most of this thread, minus them getting shut out last time they played. That's twice in this thread someone has said that. What am I missing?

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
in some ways its not the bruins that i worry about. i just worry that the sabres are their own worst enemy.

but maybe this is a blessing to have the bruins, a team that has owned us for the year. Maybe that will make them open their eyes and realize they could be beat. and that will make them come out a little harder and more focuses...maybe the flyers are the thing that could have caught them napping..

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm all for being nervous. I'm nervous before any big game, especially the playoffs. But people are acting like Boston is going to steam roll Buffalo, as if winning the division and finishing with 100 points was an accident. Most are conveniently forgetting just how offensively challenged Boston was this year. And I believe Buffalo was 2-2-2 against them this year, hardly ownership.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 12:20 PM
**** the Bruins...We're going to smoke their asses.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree with most of this thread, minus them getting shut out last time they played. That's twice in this thread someone has said that. What am I missing?

I just checked the box score and you are correct- it was 3-1. But the Sabres scored early in the first, and Boston scored the next 3 unanswered. I guess that's why I thought it was 3-0.

Nighthawk
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Tuuka is good and it's ok to be nervous, it's the playoffs.

Exactly...

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Being nervous is fine.

Acting like the Sabres have no chance and ignoring facts like the weaknesses in Boston's game is different.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM

We split? I thought they beat us 4 of 6?

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
We split? I thought they beat us 4 of 6?

well, 2 were OT losses so it's 2-2-2.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:20 PM

And "secondest?"

Of the 16 teams in the playoffs, Buffalo is 8th in goals per game. Not bad for a team without a 30+ goal scorer.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Satan and Paille play key roles on that team for christ sake...

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKEEE!!!!!!
When they played us I was surprised at how fast Paille really is, but he still can finish.. like Satan.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Paille had like 12 goals he SUCKS.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:26 PM
JD Sabre already has Rask as good as Patrick Roy....he's a good young goalie but let's keep it in perspective, people.
Never said that.
Once again, Patrick Roy winning the cup in his rookie season shows that while it is not likely.. it is POSSIBLE that a hot goaltender can ride his team to the cup. Did you watch any hockey in 1999? While Hasek wasn't a rookie, his team was equivalent to today's Bruins.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm all for being nervous. I'm nervous before any big game, especially the playoffs. But people are acting like Boston is going to steam roll Buffalo, as if winning the division and finishing with 100 points was an accident. Most are conveniently forgetting just how offensively challenged Boston was this year. And I believe Buffalo was 2-2-2 against them this year, hardly ownership.
Bruins in 6 isn't necessarily a steam roll. If they win one game in the HSBC in the first 2 games, game, set, match.

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Bruins in 6 isn't necessarily a steam roll. If they win one game in the HSBC in the first 2 games, game, set, match.
This prediction makes no sense.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
This prediction makes no sense.
How do you figure? 25-10 @ Home this season.. 20-19 away. You'd like to gamble with those odds?

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Picking the Bruins who have sucked and barely made the playoffs to win is what is not logical.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Picking the Bruins who have sucked and barely made the playoffs to win is what is not logical.

Buffalo sports teams are rarely logical. :ill:

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM

we were only 2-2-2 against them in the regular season- what makes you think it's going to be so much easier now that it's the playoffs?

Ebenezer
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Never said that.
Once again, Patrick Roy winning the cup in his rookie season shows that while it is not likely.. it is POSSIBLE that a hot goaltender can ride his team to the cup. Did you watch any hockey in 1999? While Hasek wasn't a rookie, his team was equivalent to today's Bruins.

Yes you did...you brought up Roy and nobody else...don't go switching to Hasek because I blew a hole in your argument..Hasek played in a different era. Now you want to compare Rask and Boston to Hasek and Buffalo...make up your mind. What's next, Glenn Hall or Terry Sawchuck?

Mski
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Vanek is also on a mini hot streak entering the playoffs. And as far as goaltending Miller is much better than Rask, and proved that he can play high intensity games in the olympics.

JD
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes you did...you brought up Roy and nobody else...don't go switching to Hasek because I blew a hole in your argument..Hasek played in a different era. Now you want to compare Rask and Boston to Hasek and Buffalo...make up your mind. What's next, Glenn Hall or Terry Sawchuck?

Haha you're funny. I said that Roy won the cup as a rookie, what makes you think it's impossible that Rask could do the same? How is comparing Rask to Roy not plausible? Because Roy turned out to be one of the best goalies in history? That's bull****. Who knew, in his rookie campaign, that he would be one of the greats? I'm sure people thought it was a fluke.. beginners luck. Just because it's beyond rare doesn't mean it cant happen again so it's bogus of you to take that possibility away from Rask.

JD
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
And about Hasek, I was merely comparing the TEAM Hasek played for to the team RASK plays for.. almost a mirrored image. Hasek had the type of year that Rask had. But because Rask isn't nicknamed the Dominator then there's clearly no way he'd be able to pull it off so I regress.

SkateZilla
04-12-2010, 07:01 PM
its been 2 years, the homers/bandwagoners left us.. so all we have left is the Drury/Briere Era fans bickering because we have no Drury or Briere....

CAbills
04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
we were only 2-2-2 against them in the regular season- what makes you think it's going to be so much easier now that it's the playoffs?

Enroth was in goal for one game and Lalime in for another. So take that into account when you are using the records. Boston won' be seeing Enroth this series

hydro
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Enroth was in goal for one game and Lalime in for another. So take that into account when you are using the records. Boston won' be seeing Enroth this series

What do you have to say about that Op? :bf1:

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
What do you have to say about that Op? :bf1:

Miller isn't responsible for goal-scoring.

Buffalogic
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
When we crush Boston all the fears and doubts will come up about our next opponent whoever it is. It's an endless cycle of naysaying, win or lose.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 08:27 PM
When we crush Boston all the fears and doubts will come up about our next opponent whoever it is. It's an endless cycle of naysaying, win or lose.

why wouldn't it be? This team hasn't proven anything yet. We're not talking about a team that's coming off two SC trips, or even two conf finals trips. This is a team that missed the playoffs the last two years.

Buffalogic
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
why wouldn't it be? This team hasn't proven anything yet. We're not talking about a team that's coming off two SC trips, or even two conf finals trips. This is a team that missed the playoffs the last two years.Finishing 3rd in the conference should be fresher in your mind and mean more to you now, than missing the playoffs the last two seasons.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Miller isn't responsible for goal-scoring.

AARRRGHHHHH!!!!

The Sabres way outscored the Bruins.

Can't you get that through your head???

The team with the goal scoring problem in this series is Boston.

Why is goal scoring going to kill the Sabres and not the team that finished 31st in goal scoring in the NHL???????

THATHURMANATOR
04-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Guys why are you continuing to argue with these dumb ass Bruins fans?

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
i'll put away my nerves the second the sabres win the first game of the series. Let's be honest, it's been a while since we've been to the playoffs at anything. all the hope and expectation is actually eating away at my stomach lining. ugh!

Just win on thursday kids. That's all i ask.

G Wolly
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Guys why are you continuing to argue with these dumb ass Bruins fans?

You started it

:couch:

mchurchfie
04-13-2010, 01:52 AM
I am not worried about Boston at all. They snuck into the playoffs and have 0 scoring ability.

Sabres in 5.

Who would you rather have Rask or Miller? I'm with you Thurm, **** Boston!!