PDA

View Full Version : Ex Bill Matt Bowen at National Football Post - It's Time To Deal Lynch

Night Train
04-12-2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Time-for-the-Bills-to-deal-Marshawn-Lynch.html

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Bars and bartenders on CHippewa are all for this.

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM

So are fat drunk chicks who jay-walk.

ddaryl
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM

when you state it like this you have to wonder if Lynch was doing us a favor then

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I know. Now you guys from Buffalo are actually going to have to take one for the team and bang these fatsos!

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I know. Now you guys from Buffalo are actually going to have to take one for the team and bang these fatsos!
she was canadian

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
:doh:

The Spaz
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
she was canadian

Canadian Bacon is the best!:hump:...lol

ZAZusmc03
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I would really like to hear what the general consensus on lynch is in the locker room. I have a feeling not many players think too highly about him.

Jeff1220
04-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Bowen seems to think a 4th rnd pick is fair and would get a trade done.

casdhf
04-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Am I the only one here that wants to keep Lynch? I think he'll take over games if we keep him.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Am I the only one here that wants to keep Lynch? I think he'll take over games if we keep him.

I'm on the fence. Based on how poorly he played last year, and mounting evidence that he wants out, I'm not sure if I trust him to perform at a high level.

But at the same time, we know the guy is capable of playing well, and this team has so many other needs that I'd hate to create another hole.

I'd be more comfortable trading him if we got a proven player at a position of need as part of the deal, but player-for-player trades are rare in the NFL.

Mahdi
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
So are individuals who carry $20 bills.

mrbojanglezs
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM

wasnt she like dancing in the street

better days
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM

I was with you, but it seems he does not want to be in Buffalo. It looks like he will be traded by draft day. The Question is to who & for how much. Unless they can get a much better deal from an AFC team, I would hope they ship him to the NFC.

Night Train
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
All the same, I understand a new coach & GM wanting to put their stamp on a team and set a standard all must adhere to. They didn't draft Lynch.

It can galvanize a locker room if hard work is rewarded and bad behavior isn't tolerated. The Coach gains instant repsect from the roster that way.

RB's & WR's are a dime a dozen. They're easy to find during and after the draft.

Akhippo
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Trade him to Dallas for M Barber.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
The guy is a loser who doesn't deserve the wealth given to him.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Bowen's about 8 months late. Maybe somebody here could offer to share their sources with him.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
i hate trading lynch, but i don't trust him to be a business man about it and come to work and perform well to get the trade he feels he deserves.

like op said, the last regime really screwed us by taking RB's in the 4th round in back to back years but then not keeping them. So trading lynch creates a huge hole. I think it's unrealistic to ask jackson to play 16 games without a backup....and i think it's unrealistic to ask jackson to play 16 games with a mediocre uninspired lynch as his backup.

Welcome to buffalo bills hell. the right thing to do is to move him, but it'll be at a pathetic rate and just slow down our rebuilding have to worry about a position that should be strong as is.

Buffalogic
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
The only way I trade Lynch is after the 9 pick where we select CJ Spiller. Other than that he's more valuable to us than a 4th round pick.

NC-BILLS44
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
This sounds like a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch your's' situation. If he really wants out of Buffalo then he needs to step up and play like a first rounder. When is production goes up, more teams will be interested, which gives him more options for trading. It also won't hurt for him to keep his nose clean to show possible new employers that he's not a total screw up.

PECKERWOOD
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Trade Lynch our 41st pick & a 5th round draft choice to the Detroit Lions for NT Sammie Lee Hill & the 34th overall pick in the draft.

We need to deal Lynch, the Lions have a full stable at DT after they presumably take Ndamukong Suh, it's a win-win for both teams.

TonyIncredible
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Marshawn obviously wants to be back out west. The Chargers,Raiders,49ers are all options. But more realistically out of the 3 the Chargers would be the best suited place since the absence of LT. I wouldn't mind an additional draft pick but a 3rd just doesn't sit greatly in my opinion. I wouldn't be opposed to maybe trading him for another player straight up.

But I know they'll get something done before or during the draft. My guess would be the draft so we can move up or down the board.:2cents:

Buddo
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Marshawn obviously wants to be back out west. The Chargers,Raiders,49ers are all options. But more realistically out of the 3 the Chargers would be the best suited place since the absence of LT. I wouldn't mind an additional draft pick but a 3rd just doesn't sit greatly in my opinion. I wouldn't be opposed to maybe trading him for another player straight up.

But I know they'll get something done before or during the draft. My guess would be the draft so we can move up or down the board.:2cents:

A 3rd is highly unlikely tbh. General 'talk' including comments from Bowen after the article, would seem that a 4th is about 'fair'.
Something I've liked the idea of, and mentioned before, would be a trade with the Raiders for Michael Bush. I don't think the Raiders get the best out of him, and I think he has better hands than Lynch, and could be a better fit for us anyway. Lynch would certainly be 'happier' there, and he may suit them also a bit better, while they still have McFadden for the breakout running.

TonyIncredible
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
A 3rd is highly unlikely tbh. General 'talk' including comments from Bowen after the article, would seem that a 4th is about 'fair'.
Something I've liked the idea of, and mentioned before, would be a trade with the Raiders for Michael Bush. I don't think the Raiders get the best out of him, and I think he has better hands than Lynch, and could be a better fit for us anyway. Lynch would certainly be 'happier' there, and he may suit them also a bit better, while they still have McFadden for the breakout running.
Thats true and to be honest I would love for something like that to happen. I would be very happy with this because im a big fan of michael bush when he was carrying the rock for Louisville. I think if we give him even split carries with Freddie he'll show everyone what he's got

JCBills
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Fat AND breaking the law? That's two strikes, he made the safe assumption that she would earn the 3rd by annoyingly hanging around some guy trying to go home with him (when he clearly wants nothing to do with her) only to later puke on him and try to laugh about it (which would be ok if she wasn't fat).

Commissioner
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM

A lot of what Lynch has been doing hasn't even been reported in the media...

Like showing up and raising hell at the Hamburg police station in an unregistered vehicle because another one of his unregistered vehicles got towed.... after his uncle and cousin were caught drag racing in it....

the list goes on and on...

better days
04-13-2010, 12:51 AM

Does it really matter if Lynch wants to be back out west? He is not in the last year of his contract, & has NO leverage. I say trade him to Cincy, they like problem players.

BertSquirtgum
04-13-2010, 01:28 AM

i'll bang some fatsies. and after then she can make me a grilled cheese sandwich.

jamze132
04-13-2010, 02:39 AM
I would prefer to keep Lynch but its up to him how he acts.