PDA

View Full Version : Final board tweaks begin

The Spaz
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
The Bills draft board will be getting its final adjustments beginning this week.

Buffalo’s GM Buddy Nix and Vice President of College Scouting Tom Modrak opened the final draft board meetings Monday. Head coach Chan Gailey, his staff and the Bills scouting department will be hard at work with Nix and Modrak the next week and a half tidying up their draft board.

At this point no dramatic adjustments occur, unless some prospect is injured between now and the draft or gets arrested. Scouts are doing their due diligence on prospects to make sure that’s not the case, and final calls are made on board positioning for players.

According to Nix however, there’s not much that’s altered on player grades this late in the game.

“You hear a lot of talk about a guy moving up and down after the season and it’s really comical because unless he gets hurt he shouldn’t move much up or down because he’s not playing,” said Nix. ”The only way you should move is by how you play the game. That’s 85-90 percent of what we go on.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/12/final-board-tweaks-begin/

Night Train
04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Nix is just saying that to divert attention away from the Clausen bandwagon. :rolleyes:

casdhf
04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Performance not potential. Finally.

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
If how you play the game is true, how then is Clausen no good again ?

Besides his small hands, and some don't like him because he's ****y.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
“You hear a lot of talk about a guy moving up and down after the season and it’s really comical because unless he gets hurt he shouldn’t move much up or down because he’s not playing,” said Nix. ”The only way you should move is by how you play the game. That’s 85-90 percent of what we go on.”

Love that comment. I'm still a little wary of the other 10-15%, though.

DraftBoy
04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
If how you play the game is true, how then is Clausen no good again ?

Besides his small hands, and some don't like him because he's ****y.

By the logic of your first statement Colt Brennan should be an All-Pro.

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 02:37 PM
By the logic of your first statement Colt Brennan should be an All-Pro.

Please. don't go there with that.

What exactly doesn't/can't clausen do, or he is lacking ?

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
crickets. I'm waiting to hear from the experts were Clausen is lacking.

go ahead gooogle it if you have to come up with something.

DraftBoy
04-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Please. don't go there with that.

What exactly doesn't/can't clausen do, or he is lacking ?

You're the one that made the statement not I. Don't make statements that have far too many examples to prove them wrong to be considered exceptions.

All the criticisms have been laid out numerous times in numerous threads. If you refuse to look for them, all you're going to get is crickets.

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Clausen: I see a qb

-good arm
--well coached
-can read defenses
-good accuracy
-played in pro style offense, under center and in gun
-mobile
-three year starter
-top competion
-his offense scored

What again are your negatives ?

DraftBoy
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Clausen: I see a qb

-good arm
--well coached
-can read defenses
-good accuracy
-played in pro style offense, under center and in gun
-mobile
-three year starter
-top competion
-his offense scored

What again are your negatives ?

Really? Im a Notre Dame homer and even I wouldn't dare say that.

My negatives are well documented, if you refuse to look for yourself then that's on you.

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Really? Im a Notre Dame homer and even I wouldn't dare say that.

My negatives are well documented, if you refuse to look for yourself then that's on you.

The schedule isn't a SEC grind but it's not like they are playing the Sun Belt every week.

Well I know you don't like his hand size......didn't seem to bother him throwing the ball in South Bend.
Honestly when you said he isn't a 1st rounder I stoppped paying attention because he definitely is and he is also the most NFL ready qb.
And when I get the "playing in the spread offense doesn't matter" from the resident local yokles I faze out.

DraftBoy
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM
The schedule isn't a SEC grind but it's not like they are playing the Sun Belt every week.

Well I know you don't like his hand size......didn't seem to bother him throwing the ball in South Bend.
Honestly when you said he isn't a 1st rounder I stoppped paying attention because he definitely is and he is also the most NFL ready qb.
And when I get the "playing in the spread offense doesn't matter" from the resident local yokles I faze out.

Didn't say it was, nor did I ever said anything else in your post.

None of those were my negatives. I suggest research.

k-oneputt
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
He's not Elway coming out but he has more positives then any other qb in this draft.
Actually their schedule is smiliar to a Big-10 schedule.

alohabillsfan
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
roflmao! internet experts! Watch him play please... hand size! he will be the best rookie qb in 2010 and most likely beyond! And I hate ND

justasportsfan
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
. ”The only way you should move is by how you play the game. That’s 85-90 percent of what we go on.”

I thought it moves were made based on how smart they were even if they couldn't play. that's what an Ivy leaguer coach told us the last few years.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
crickets. I'm waiting to hear from the experts were Clausen is lacking.

Many haters.
No reasons.

jamze132
04-13-2010, 02:56 AM
He might be slightly gay? :idunno:

Buffalogic
04-13-2010, 03:10 AM
roflmao! internet experts! Watch him play please... hand size! he will be the best rookie qb in 2010 and most likely beyond! And I hate NDNo...he won't.