PDA

View Full Version : Lindy optimistic on injuries

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
There's good news on the injury front for the Buffalo Sabres heading into Thursday's opener of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Coach Lindy Ruff said today that he's "optimistic" that center Tim Connolly will be ready for Game One against the Boston Bruins after the center skated on his own over the weekend for the first time since he was injured late last month. And Ruff is not ruling out Jochen Hecht or Drew Stafford either.

So where does that leave rookie Tyler Ennis?

Said Ruff: "We'll have to make that decision based on Hecht and Connolly and Stafford being available to play."

Ruff also said he's not made any decision regarding Chris Butler and Andrej Sekera. The struggling young defensemen have been alternating in recent games.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/lindy-optimistic-on-injuries.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29

JD
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
SIT STAFFORD FOR THE ****ING PLAYOFFS EVEN IF HEALTHY. NOT HAVING ENNIS IN THE LINEUP IS GROUNDS FOR A RUFF FIRING. Okay, maybe not that extreme but still HOLY ****!

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Stafford (IMO) was the biggest risk to be benched for the playoffs as is, so I thought the timing of his injury was very convenient.

JD
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Stafford (IMO) was the biggest risk to be benched for the playoffs as is, so I thought the timing of his injury was very convenient.

When he was hit, I turned to my pops and said "Luckily it was stafford and not anyone else."

Mski
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
there is no reasson stafford should make the roster over ennis... regardless of his health

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 02:00 PM
well nice to finally hear something positive on connolly.

SabreEleven
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
SIT STAFFORD FOR THE ****ING PLAYOFFS EVEN IF HEALTHY. NOT HAVING ENNIS IN THE LINEUP IS GROUNDS FOR A RUFF FIRING. Okay, maybe not that extreme but still HOLY ****!

This is what you call addition by subtraction.

rbochan
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
DS: Nah, I'm fine coach

Lindy: No you're not, you've got a concussion, Drew

DS: What are you talking about? I didn't even hit my head?

(Lindy cracks Drew in the head, bouncing him off the locker room wall)

Lindy: How 'bout now, huh? Someone's gotta sit.