PDA

View Full Version : Campbell signs $3.14M tender, trade next up?

YardRat
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36432018/ns/sports-player_news/

Redskins re-signed restricted free agent QB Jason Campbell to a one-year, $3.14 million contract.

In search of an athletic passer with a big enough arm to cut through the Buffalo wind, the Bills should have Campbell on their radar.

Yasgur's Farm
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Campbell gonna be a Bill in 10 days!!!

YardRat
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
marshawn lynch to play in washington?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377298-buffaloskin-marshawn-lynch-to-play-in-washington

the buffalo bills have been in dire need of a quarterback for a little more than a few seasons now & could facilitate a trade with washington to rid themselves of marshawn lynch, acquiring a good quarterback like jason campbell.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Washington has Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker.

Not sure how Lynch really fits into that backfield.

ublinkwescore
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Lynch is gonna end up in Cincinatti or San Diego.

YardRat
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
yes the redskins currently have a crowded backfield of well lets just say version 2.0 of the "over the hill gang" with the likes of clinton portis, larry johnson & willie parker.

that being said its pretty much a known fact that the redskins will either have to look to get a young workhorse rb in the draft or trade for one.

if this trade scenario were to happen, i think it would almost certainly spell the end of the portis era in dc.

RockStar36
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
San Diego actually makes the most sense for him.

Forward_Lateral
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Trade Lynch to Washington for Campbell and Portis. Buffalo eats Portis' contract, and gets the RB they need to split time with Fred Jackson.

ublinkwescore
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't want Portis... i'd go with Jahvid Best before Portis...

sauce
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I just had a weird thought....I've been very pro Clausen at number 9 and I do not think Jason Campbell will ever turn into a pro bowl QB.

However, what if the Bills used a 4th on Campbell and drafted a guy like Skelton in the 3rd-5th round? Let him develop holding the clip board this season and went LT in round 1 and NT in round 2...

Then let Campbell, Trent, Brohmn scrap it out in TC for this season's QB job? More than likely the Bills are not going to the playoffs regardless this season...

Man the draft is wild so many senarios

patmoran2006
04-12-2010, 03:24 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377298-buffaloskin-marshawn-lynch-to-play-in-washington

That article is so ridiculous. Marshawn Lynch isn't going to Washington.

Donte Whitner on the other hand.. <we'll see>

ublinkwescore
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM

let's send whitner to someone with a top 20 pick.

trapezeus
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
lynch and 41 to move up in the first round is more intriguing than lynch for a qb very similar to edwards, brohm and fitzy....

Yasgur's Farm
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Lynch for Campbell makes sense to me... Former 1st round pick for4 former 1st round pick.

Lynch will provide for the Redskins what Portis, Johnson and Parker can't... A workhorse.

Campbell will provide for the Bills what Edwards and Fitz can't... 16 games, 300+ yard games, 3000+ yards and 20+ TD 's season.

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM

3 way trade maybe?

Somehow I have a gut feeling for zero reason that Lynch could be a hell of a fit in Pittsburgh.

sauce
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
3 way trade maybe?

Somehow I have a gut feeling for zero reason that Lynch could be a hell of a fit in Pittsburgh.

Not to be a jerk...But Come on Miyagi this is not the NBA

Ed
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Even if we don't trade directly with Washington, if we could get a 4th-5th for Lynch and trade our 4th-5th for Campbell, it's basically the same thing.

Ideally I would love to see us trade Whitner to Washington for Campbell and a pick. Then trade Marshawn to someone for another pick. With this being a deep draft, a couple extra picks could really help to build the foundation of this team or give us some extra ammo to wheel and deal.

FlyingDutchman
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
campbell is not the answer to our QB problems plain and simple

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Not to be a jerk...But Come on Miyagi this is not the NBA
It happened recently several times just a couple years back. I don't remember who and what but I remember Denver was involved in at least two of them.

patmoran2006
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
San Diego actually makes the most sense for him.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Campbell is not coming to Buffalo.

Thank God.

We have suffered enough.

Ebenezer
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
not that I want it to happen but Lynch to somebody for a 4th and then trade a 3rd to Wash for Campbell?

Nighthawk
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Agreed, but Lynch is a ton younger and has much more in the tank then Portis or Johnson (who I believe is done). I don't think that Lynch will end up in Washington, but you never know.

billz83
04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
The bills constantly try and get a teams worthless backups! jason campbell is not a good QB..ya hes better then what we have here which doesnt say MUCH considerin the 3 Qbz here couldnt even be 3rd string on a good team! The people that think they are running this organization are nothing more then wannabez and need to find a new profession! The owner of this team absolutely has to sell this team he is no longer sane enough to run this team..he has systematically SABOTAGED this team and nothing can be done to save it while he is still the owner..NOBODY wants to play for this team that is worth talking about..from coaches to players everyone AVOID buffalo..and we all know its NOT the fans that are the problem but the organization itself! Mcnabb said it HIMSELF i do NOT want to go to buffalo..so now we talk about getting his backup..the guy who isnt good enough to get the redskins anywhere will sumhow get the bills sumwhere hahaha...the geniuses that run this team should find a new profession they are NOT qualified to do the job and more importantly DO NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE to make this team successful!

JCBills
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM

29, 30, and 28. All 3 are either on the decline, have declined, or done.

Lynch is just under 24.

JCBills
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM

This person is allowed to write? I'm sorry but that's probably one of the poorest pieces of literature I've ever seen, I don't think they capitalized a single letter.

djjimkelly
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Campbell gonna be a Bill in 10 days!!!

ill throw up if thats the case

jamze132
04-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Is a QB who has played for more OCs than Edwards, who throws for over 3000 yds and 20 TDs, and who has improved each year in the NFL really that horrible of a ****ing option? Are half of you guys serious?

TMu11
04-13-2010, 04:53 AM
3 way trade maybe?

No chance.
Pitt has been getting rid of its problem players. The last thing they want is Lynch

Michael82
04-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Campbell. He's a good quarterback and might flourish under a different system! :up:

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Campbell. He's a good quarterback and might flourish under a different system! :up:
I'm not looking for him to be a starter here but a back up.

Historian
04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Lynch will provide for the Redskins what Portis, Johnson and Parker can't... A workhorse.

He would have to want to work first, Draz.

I just dont see that happening.