PDA

View Full Version : please someone tell me...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Why are people SOOOO itching to bring in a QB that washed out on another bad team?
Jason Campbell? Please... Im serious ... just cause hes better (? MAYBE?) then the crap we have does not mean we should pile more crap on the pile...

Why bring in someone elses refuse... we got enough already!

rcd333
04-12-2010, 06:29 PM
sadly because he's an upgrade

malvado78
04-12-2010, 07:01 PM

This.

:duh:

SquishDaFish
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Hes an upgrade to what we have. And look at his stats hes not that bad. Look at the offense he played on in Washington man it might be the only one worse then ours. And on top of all of that he has gone through more offenses and OCs then any other QB in the league.

I wonder if you could do your job if you had 4-5 different bosses in 6-7 years that keep changing philosophies. I dont think so

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Why are people SOOOO itching to bring in a QB that washed out on another bad team?
Jason Campbell? Please... Im serious ... just cause hes better (? MAYBE?) then the crap we have does not mean we should pile more crap on the pile...

Some people are just use to crap Quarterbacking. Just look at the Bills starter the past 10 years.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Upgrading from crap to crap is still crap.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I would rather have Campbell and give up a 4th or a 5th than use the 9th pick overall on Clausen lose out and win the Jake Locker sweepstakes in 2011

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I would rather have Campbell and give up a 4th or a 5th than use the 9th pick overall on Clausen lose out and win the Jake Locker sweepstakes in 2011

how about NEITHER?

I've made jokes this week about being the fastest sprinter at fat camp or having the highest SAT score on the short bus. In terms of being an upgrade over what we have, that's what Campbell brings.

This team isn't ready for a QB anyway. No WR's, no OL. So, why waste any resources whatsoever on QB at this point?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah, lets take a qb next year... we'll prob be a top 3-4 pick next year anyway

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
yeah, lets take a qb next year... we'll prob be a top 3-4 pick next year anyway
The problem waiting until next year to get a QB is that people want to get a QB this year, rebuild this year, and hopefully the following year the Bills will be good.

If we wait until next year that means 2 more years without anything to look forward to.

The faster the Bills find their franchise QB, the faster they will be consistently good again.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
how about NEITHER?

I've made jokes this week about being the fastest sprinter at fat camp or having the highest SAT score on the short bus. In terms of being an upgrade over what we have, that's what Campbell brings.

This team isn't ready for a QB anyway. No WR's, no OL. So, why waste any resources whatsoever on QB at this point?
Well than we wont need Campbell this year than do we draft by biggest need and still lose 14 games and we still land Locker.

TonyIncredible
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I'd almost be opposed to taking Losman back lol

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
The problem waiting until next year to get a QB is that people want to get a QB this year, rebuild this year, and hopefully the following year the Bills will be good.

If we wait until next year that means 2 more years without anything to look forward to.

The faster the Bills find their franchise QB, the faster they will be consistently good again.

Not necessarily true. Build the D and the OL and you can get by with mediocre QB play for a season or two while the new QB learns.

If we draft a QB now, they're just going to end up shell-shocked and useless like Losman and Edwards.

JCBills
04-12-2010, 08:15 PM
His OL was actually worse than ours, and his WRs have been lackluster. He didn't have a target outside of Cooley that was over 6'0'' for quite some time. Mike Williams notched 8 starts on that line.

MIKE WILLIAMS.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Not necessarily true. Build the D and the OL and you can get by with mediocre QB play for a season or two while the new QB learns.

Teams build around QB's. Teams don't build around lines.

TonyIncredible
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Thats true. I think Gailey and Co. will find the best QB for the spread offense. They will more than likely look at somebody who is like a Doug Flutie, mobile and can stretch the field. Whoever they pick I'll support even if its a QB on the current roster. To be honest though alot of people don't care much for Fitzpatrick but in my opinion he's the most suitable for a typical "spread offense".:rockon:

BuffaloBlitz83
04-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Well he has a big arm.

Has thrown for more TDs than INTs every year of his career.

Is a good QB to have until we eventually draft a QB, cause he is better than average and has upside still. Not saying he's a franchise QB.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 08:41 PM

disagree. Teams build around OL's and sometimes D's. That's why Big Ben won a QB as a rookie. That's why Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer have rings.

Sure, stars like Brees, Manning and Brady get them too, but not without OL's

Buffalogic
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Teams build around QB's. Teams don't build around lines.This is historically a true statement. The only real exception I can see to that is the modern day Jets. They built that line up and then got the dirty sanchez.

OpIv37
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
His OL was actually worse than ours, and his WRs have been lackluster. He didn't have a target outside of Cooley that was over 6'0'' for quite some time. Mike Williams notched 8 starts on that line.

MIKE WILLIAMS.

We have Demetrius Bell starting on our OL.

DEMETRIUS BELL.

And our WR's are Evans, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson.

So, Jason Campbell struggled in a new offensive system behind a bad OL with questionable receivers. If he comes to Buffalo, he'll have... a new offensive system, a bad OL and questionable receivers.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

BertSquirtgum
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Hes an upgrade to what we have. And look at his stats hes not that bad. Look at the offense he played on in Washington man it might be the only one worse then ours. And on top of all of that he has gone through more offenses and OCs then any other QB in the league.

I wonder if you could do your job if you had 4-5 different bosses in 6-7 years that keep changing philosophies. I dont think so
he still sucks. we might as well bring jp flosman back then.....they're both equally as bad.

SABURZFAN
04-13-2010, 02:36 AM
I'd almost be opposed to taking Losman back lol

you don't want to go there.

SABURZFAN
04-13-2010, 02:38 AM
he still sucks. we might as well bring jp flosman back then.....they're both equally as bad.

seriously, Lossman couldn't hold Jason Campbell's jockstrap.

jamze132
04-13-2010, 02:53 AM
The 2000 Ravens did not win their ring because of Trent Dilfer. Their defense was amazing, starting with their line and their O-line was pretty damn good too.

I know that's only one example, but most of the top QBs in the NFL have stellar lines. Most QBs that don't have good O-line end up winning championships in the UFL.

TacklingDummy
04-13-2010, 05:54 AM
The 2000 Ravens did not win their ring because of Trent Dilfer. Their defense was amazing, starting with their line and their O-line was pretty damn good too.

There is always the exception.

Like I've said many times, show me 2 teams that were consistently good for a period of 7 years who didn't have a franchise QB but had good O/D lines.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-13-2010, 06:10 AM

I know that's only one example, but most of the top QBs in the NFL have stellar lines. Most QBs that don't have good O-line end up winning championships in the UFL.

ahhh.. but they did not LOOOOOSE it because of Dilfer either... he was not AWful like the qbs we have

jamze132
04-13-2010, 06:45 AM
There is always the exception.

Like I've said many times, show me 2 teams that were consistently good for a period of 7 years who didn't have a franchise QB but had good O/D lines.
I don't think there is a team out there that had a good O-line for 7 years that didn't have a good QB. They go hand in hand. But you can make an average QB look good behind a great line. You put a great QB behind a ****ty line, and the QB will suddenly be average at best.

jamze132
04-13-2010, 06:47 AM
ahhh.. but they did not LOOOOOSE it because of Dilfer either... he was not AWful like the qbs we have
And the Bills didn't lose 10 games last year soley because of the QBs on our roster.

ddaryl
04-13-2010, 07:29 AM

because there are no QB's that really wow anyone in this draft, outside of Bradford who won't be there at #9 and would weaken the Bills ability to fix the team around the QB position

Why reach for a ho-hum QB this draft when we can focus on the OL and the D front 7 in this draft, and then make a big move next season to get a franchise QB

I think what is crazier is to reach for a QB you're not 1000% completely sold on :air:

BertSquirtgum
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
seriously, Lossman couldn't hold Jason Campbell's jockstrap.

come on man. flossman was amazing.

:sarcasm:

feldspar
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM

The simple reason is because the pickings are slim this year. How is upgrading the position (or trying to) a bad thing?

We need to shore up both lines. That should be the main priority...THEN we get a QB. It's a process.

Look at how highly touted Mark Sanchez is by a lot of people. The fact of the matter is that the Bills' QBs outperformed him last year. We had more completions, more TDs, less INTs, and a better completion percentage. The Jets got by on their defense and running game. The fact that they have perhaps the best o-line in football didn't hurt, either...that and the Colts laid down for them to get them into the playoffs.

What do YOU suggest the Bills do? Draft Clausen? IMO, Campbell would outperform Clausen this year, and also IMO, Clausen is a high-risk pick. Bulger or Hasselbeck, if the Seahawks draft Clausen?

After Clausen, we are talking about 2nd round QBs basically. Name one second-round QB that has seen some success in the past decade besides Drew Brees, who was actually picked 32nd. You have Kolb and Henne, but they haven't proven it yet. The 2nd round is a dangerous place to pick a QB.

The pickings are slim both in the draft and in free agency. We need 4 QBs for camp, and Campbell might just be the guy we can use as a stop-gap while we get our house in order. That's the thinking.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
The simple reason is because the pickings are slim this year. How is upgrading the position (or trying to) a bad thing?

Have you been watching this team for the last 10 years? We've consistently tried to upgrade positions, and consistently been burned for failing. Trying to upgrade a position- and failing- can have disastrous consequences.

I agree that it's a process and we need to fix the lines first, but just forget about Campbell. If we can't get a franchise QB, we're better off sticking with what we have until we can than plugging in more mediocrity.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
We've consistently tried to upgrade positions, and consistently been burned for failing..
the reason we failed is because of bad coaching. Take TO for an example. We failed because we had crappy coaching.

If we can't get a franchise QB, we're better off sticking with what we have until we can than plugging in more mediocrity.
where is this franchise qb we are talking about? Claussen?

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
where is this franchise qb we are talking about? Claussen?

That's my point exactly. Clausen is the closest thing to a franchise QB available, and I'm not sold on him. Fix the other problems first and worry about finding a franchise QB later. This is a rebuilding year anyway- we're going nowhere. And even if Clausen becomes a franchise QB, he won't be one in time to help us this season. Any QB we can get at the moment isn't improvement- it's change for the sake of change.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
And coaching is only one of many reasons we failed.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
That's my point exactly. Clausen is the closest thing to a franchise QB available, and I'm not sold on him. Fix the other problems first and worry about finding a franchise QB later. This is a rebuilding year anyway- we're going nowhere. And even if Clausen becomes a franchise QB, he won't be one in time to help us this season. Any QB we can get at the moment isn't improvement- it's change for the sake of change.
If Campbell doesn't cost much, I am all for having him solidify the back up position.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
If Campbell doesn't cost much, I am all for having him solidify the back up position.

With the number of holes this team has, any price for Campbell is too steep. Maybe I'd consider it if they flat-out cut him and we could sign him without giving up compensation, but any draft pick we shell out for him comes at the opportunity cost of filling another hole.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
With the number of holes this team has, any price for Campbell is too steep. Maybe I'd consider it if they flat-out cut him and we could sign him without giving up compensation, but any draft pick we shell out for him comes at the opportunity cost of filling another hole.

nope. If our qb had his nos. last year, there's a huge chance we could've been fighting for a wild card.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
nope. If our qb had his nos. last year, there's a huge chance we could've been fighting for a wild card.

Yeah, well, this isn't last year.

Our OL is worse with the departure of Butler and the questions around Wood's injuries.

Our WR's are worse due to the departure of Reed and Owens.

We're changing defenses and still lack some key personnel for the new alignment.

Jason ****ing Campbell's numbers from last year aren't even going to come close to overcoming those obstacles, if he could even match last year's numbers with our OL and WR's.

feldspar
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Have you been watching this team for the last 10 years? We've consistently tried to upgrade positions, and consistently been burned for failing. Trying to upgrade a position- and failing- can have disastrous consequences..

Actually, I've been watching this team for the past 30 years.

Are you insinuating that we should stop trying to upgrade positions because we might fail at it? That's crazy talk...not to mention the fact that the people trying to upgrade positions right now are new; you can't blame them for past Bills failures at all.

I agree that it's a process and we need to fix the lines first, but just forget about Campbell. If we can't get a franchise QB, we're better off sticking with what we have until we can than plugging in more mediocrity.

Well, we ARE going to bring four QBs into camp. That means we are going to pick someone else up, or perhaps bring in two guys and release one of the guys we already have. Campbell is as good as anyone available for our purposes this year.

There is little risk bringing in Campbell. I'm not creaming my jeans over it, but it's not like we have to sign him long-term or anything. It's not a risky move. I bet we don't have to give up too high of a pick for him at all.

Drafting Clausen WOULD be high-risk, and it could set our club back years. I don't see a bonifide franchise QB in this draft worth taking a risk on apart from Bradford. People talk about Tebow, but he's a project, one that will take a long time to pan out if it ever does. We might get lucky with a guy in the later rounds, but we have too many holes on this team right now to be screwing around with QB gambles right now.

There really isn't that much to choose from out there, and beggers can't be choosers.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, well, this isn't last year.

Our OL is worse with the departure of Butler and the questions around Wood's injuries.

Our WR's are worse due to the departure of Reed and Owens.

We're changing defenses and still lack some key personnel for the new alignment.

Jason ****ing Campbell's numbers from last year aren't even going to come close to overcoming those obstacles, if he could even match last year's numbers with our OL and WR's.

So we just stand pat and do nothing and when we don't have a halfway decent game from our qb , you'll have soemthing to ***** about. Campbell is more proven than any rookie coming out of the draft especially 4th and 5th picks.

You've been *****ing for years how we didn't upgrade the Posey and other positions and now you don't think we should upgrade another?

If Gailer and co. bring him in, I'm all for it. You'll find somethig else to complain about anyways.

Yes he could match years nos. with our Wr's and OL. He did it with less than what we had. He had Sanatana Moss. Thats it.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Actually, I've been watching this team for the past 30 years.

Are you insinuating that we should stop trying to upgrade positions because we might fail at it? That's crazy talk...not to mention the fact that the people trying to upgrade positions right now are new; you can't blame them for past Bills failures at all.

No, I'm saying we should do a better job at upgrading positions, and trading for Jason Campbell is NOT a better job. It's the same crap we've been pulling for the last decade: If no top-tier guy is available, or our owner doesn't want to pay a top-tier guy, "upgrade" the position with a 2nd or 3rd tier guy, and get no results to show for it.

I live in the DC area and I've seen this guy play. He is barely better than what we have, and the tiny bit of improvement he brings isn't worth the opportunity cost of filling another one of this team's many holes in the draft.

Well, we ARE going to bring four QBs into camp. That means we are going to pick someone else up, or perhaps bring in two guys and release one of the guys we already have. Campbell is as good as anyone available for our purposes this year.

There is little risk bringing in Campbell. I'm not creaming my jeans over it, but it's not like we have to sign him long-term or anything. It's not a risky move. I bet we don't have to give up too high of a pick for him at all.

Drafting Clausen WOULD be high-risk, and it could set our club back years. I don't see a bonifide franchise QB in this draft worth taking a risk on apart from Bradford. People talk about Tebow, but he's a project, one that will take a long time to pan out if it ever does. We might get lucky with a guy in the later rounds, but we have too many holes on this team right now to be screwing around with QB gambles right now.

There really isn't that much to choose from out there, and beggers can't be choosers.

I'm not in favor of drafting Clausen either. I think we should forget about QB until next year.

There is a huge risk in bringing in Campbell because we'd have to give compensation to the Redskins in order to get him. That means draft picks that can't be used on other positions.

The bolded part is the key- you just said it: there isn't much out there in terms of QB and we don't have the luxury to be gambling. So why waste any resources whatsoever on QB right now? No QB that we can get is going to change what happens in 2010 very much, so just let it go until next off-season.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:23 PM
There is a huge risk in bringing in Campbell because we'd have to give compensation to the Redskins in order to get him. That means draft picks that can't be used on other positions.

you don't know what it's going to cost. Again, if it's not that much, you upgrade.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
So we just stand pat and do nothing and when we don't have a halfway decent game from our qb , you'll have soemthing to ***** about. Campbell is more proven than any rookie coming out of the draft especially 4th and 5th picks.

You've been *****ing for years how we didn't upgrade the Posey and other positions and now you don't think we should upgrade another?

If Gailer and co. bring him in, I'm all for it. You'll find somethig else to complain about anyways.

Yes he could match years nos. with our Wr's and OL. He did it with less than what we had. He had Sanatana Moss. Thats it.

We have far more holes than can be addressed in one off-season. Something is not going to get addressed. The options at QB suck, so that's the logical area to not address yet.

And this is a rebuilding year- we'll be lucky to get 4 wins regardless of QB, and I'm going to be *****ing all year regardless of QB.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
you don't know what it's going to cost. Again, if it's not that much, you upgrade.

A 7th rounder is too much. Campbell is just not that good.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
riiight. A 7th rounder is more proven. :rolleyes: IN the meantime you'll be able to live with Trent and Fitz without complaining?

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
riiight. A 7th rounder is more proven. :rolleyes: IN the meantime you'll be able to live with Trent and Fitz without complaining?

without complaining, no.

But the reality of the situation is that we need to live with them and Brohm for another year.

As far as being more proven, huh? No draft pick is EVER as proven as a player that's already been in the NFL. If that's your criteria, then no one should ever trade players for picks, even if the offer is a first rounder for a third-stringer.

feldspar
04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
No, I'm saying we should do a better job at upgrading positions, and trading for Jason Campbell is NOT a better job. It's the same crap we've been pulling for the last decade: If no top-tier guy is available, or our owner doesn't want to pay a top-tier guy, "upgrade" the position with a 2nd or 3rd tier guy, and get no results to show for it.

I live in the DC area and I've seen this guy play. He is barely better than what we have, and the tiny bit of improvement he brings isn't worth the opportunity cost of filling another one of this team's many holes in the draft.

I'm not in favor of drafting Clausen either. I think we should forget about QB until next year.

The bolded part is the key- you just said it: there isn't much out there in terms of QB and we don't have the luxury to be gambling. So why waste any resources whatsoever on QB right now? No QB that we can get is going to change what happens in 2010 very much, so just let it go until next off-season.

It sounds like we agree with what is going on with this team on the most fundamental level, at least with what we've talked about. Our biggest need is lineman on both sides of the ball...starters, rotational and depth players...whatever.

But the QB position is definitely a need.

Who do you see starting, and which four guys would you like to see going into camp to compete for the starting job? That's the question. If we aren't going to upgrade the position, it's Brohm, Edwards, or Fitzpatrick. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be damned if we go into the season with Fitzpatrick as starter...that's as far as my thinking takes me. Who the fourth guy is might change my mind, but if you aren't willing to give up anything for a potential starter, it'll remain these three guys.

Who is your favorite?

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
without complaining, no.

But the reality of the situation is that we need to live with them and Brohm for another year. . you'd ***** up a storm if we havew the same nos. as last year from our qb's.

As far as being more proven, huh? No draft pick is EVER as proven as a player that's already been in the NFL. If that's your criteria, then no one should ever trade players for picks, even if the offer is a first rounder for a third-stringer.

You may not like Campbell but for a 7th, you're crazy. If you had to trade a 5th for a solid back up qb, you do it. And Campbell was better than any of our starters.

TacklingDummy
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Drafting Clausen WOULD be high-risk, and it could set our club back years.
Set the Bills back from what?

The main reason the Bills have been set back is because they don't have a franchise QB. Sooner they find one, the better. What's the point of having a good o-line if they never find the guy who plays behind center?

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
It sounds like we agree with what is going on with this team on the most fundamental level, at least with what we've talked about. Our biggest need is lineman on both sides of the ball...starters, rotational and depth players...whatever.

But the QB position is definitely a need.

Who do you see starting, and which four guys would you like to see going into camp to compete for the starting job? That's the question. If we aren't going to upgrade the position, it's Brohm, Edwards, or Fitzpatrick. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be damned if we go into the season with Fitzpatrick as starter...that's as far as my thinking takes me. Who the fourth guy is might change my mind, but if you aren't willing to give up anything for a potential starter, it'll remain these three guys.

Who is your favorite?

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Brohm come in, surprise everyone and win the starting job. Realistically, my guess is that Edwards will edge those two out, more because of their deficiencies than Edwards' skills.

As far as a 4th QB for camp competition, this is the current list of UFA's available according to Yahoo! Sports (ie, guys we could sign without having to give up picks or players):

Kyle Boller(notes) / St. Louis / UFA
Mark Brunell(notes) / New Orleans / UFA
Todd Collins(notes) / Washington / UFA
Daunte Culpepper(notes) / Detroit / UFA
Josh McCown(notes) / Carolina / UFA
Patrick Ramsey(notes) / Detroit / UFA
Chris Simms(notes) / Denver / UFA
Brian St. Pierre(notes) / Arizona / UFA

Of that list, I'd bring Culpepper, Brunell or Boller in as a 4th QB for camp before I'd trade for Campbell. Don't get me wrong- Brunell and Culpepper are has-beens and Boller is a never-was- and I wouldn't expect much from any of them. But in terms of having a 4th body for camp, those 3 would make more sense than trading for Campbell, and have just as much chance for success with this team IMO.

feldspar
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Set the Bills back from what?

The main reason the Bills have been set back is because they don't have a franchise QB. Sooner they find one, the better. What's the point of having a good o-line if they never find the guy who plays behind center?

If you take a QB #9 overall, you are pretty much committed to him for a few years at least, even if he sucks...you look at the potential, give him all sorts of chances and excuses, and don't readily want to admit that you made a mistake picking him. Not to mention the guaranteed money you have to shell out.

We've seen it time and time again.

I've said it many times, you don't just pick a QB just because you need one...or at least you shouldn't. You have to have an extremely strong feeling about the player, and personally, I don't feel even close to that about Clausen. There is just simply nobody else to choose from at QB at #9. Not good.

Besides all that, the Bills really don't have a Tackle on either side. Any rookie would get killed back there. We need to take a much lower-risk pick, somebody we feel will help the team right away.

feldspar
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
In an ideal world, I'd like to see Brohm come in, surprise everyone and win the starting job. Realistically, my guess is that Edwards will edge those two out, more because of their deficiencies than Edwards' skills.

As far as a 4th QB for camp competition, this is the current list of UFA's available according to Yahoo! Sports (ie, guys we could sign without having to give up picks or players):

Kyle Boller(notes) / St. Louis / UFA
Mark Brunell(notes) / New Orleans / UFA
Todd Collins(notes) / Washington / UFA
Daunte Culpepper(notes) / Detroit / UFA
Josh McCown(notes) / Carolina / UFA
Patrick Ramsey(notes) / Detroit / UFA
Chris Simms(notes) / Denver / UFA
Brian St. Pierre(notes) / Arizona / UFA

Of that list, I'd bring Culpepper, Brunell or Boller in as a 4th QB for camp before I'd trade for Campbell. Don't get me wrong- Brunell and Culpepper are has-beens and Boller is a never-was- and I wouldn't expect much from any of them. But in terms of having a 4th body for camp, those 3 would make more sense than trading for Campbell, and have just as much chance for success with this team IMO.

I understand your train of thought here. Like I said the pickings are slim.

I'm not all gung-ho about picking up Campbell, but I think it would be worth say a fifth round pick to do so. He'd probably have WAY more positive affect on this team than anyone we'd draft in the fifth this year. He has more upside than any of those guys on your list IMO. Don't forget about the possibility of drafting a guy in a later round, which I think is VERY possible.

Anyway, you think we'll be starting Edwards again this year? That would piss a lot of people off, but it would probably be the smart move out of the guys we currently have. Brohm is a wildcard, but an interesting one.

OpIv37
04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
I understand your train of thought here. Like I said the pickings are slim.

I'm not all gung-ho about picking up Campbell, but I think it would be worth say a fifth round pick to do so. He'd probably have WAY more positive affect on this team than anyone we'd draft in the fifth this year. He has more upside than any of those guys on your list IMO. Don't forget about the possibility of drafting a guy in a later round, which I think is VERY possible.

Anyway, you think we'll be starting Edwards again this year? That would piss a lot of people off, but it would probably be the smart move out of the guys we currently have. Brohm is a wildcard, but an interesting one.

I trust Gailey when he says there will be a camp competition, but unfortunately I see Edwards winning. It will piss people off, but it will be an easier sell if he does the "I gave these 3 or 4 guys a solid look and Edwards was the best" approach.

I'm not happy about it, but again, slim pickings- we really don't have many other options.

billz83
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
jason campbell is not the answer he is just another crap QB that isnt going anywhere..with that said he is STILL WAY better then the scrubs we have here! The 3 Qbz we have in buffalo couldnt even be 3rd stringers on a decent team and on a REAL GOOD TEAM probably would get demoted to practice squad...IFFFF the bills trade and get campbell they better fix the OLINE that they have ignored for the past decade! get sum WRz in AFTER they fix the OLINE and maybe just maybe campbell will be ok...im pretty sure campbell can get more then 200-250 yards on a consistent basis..sumthing Billz QBz just find impossible to accomplish.

Marvelous
04-13-2010, 04:11 PM

-Just the way it goes. After 10 years o' posting i've gotten used to Bills fans wanting every player who is hyped,or was hyped coming out etc. But for the confidence, i suport you on this. There's not any QB available who upgrades Fitz &/or Trent.(outside draft etc..
-No matter what QB we get, he is gonna struggle. Unless he is suuupppeer special. Our offense is in very bad shape. Not the worst in the last 10 years, but pretty rough. So any QB is gonna struggle. All the rooks, esp the non mobil ones. If we are targeting a QB in the draft. Which is pretty obvious. I say we go for a QB we can groom and handle better then we did w/ JP.. JP didn't "suck" he was poorly coached and many things went wrong.. I think a QB outside o' JC,SB are the better fit, since i know we are gonna play them sooner then later, and that early struggle could & most likely will decimate his confidence & progression etc. Pike, Tebow,Colt Miccoy and be patient. This way we aren't gonna rush to start them..Jimmy C would most likely be starting and like i just said...No WR's. Heck, trent doesn't even have chemistry w/ Evans. TE is solid for the 1st time in 10 years. Schouman impressed me bigtime before injury. And our Tackles are horrible. Butler is "ok", & i like Andy Lev @Guard, not LT. Center is still suspect too..

jamze132
04-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Come on dude, how is a 7th RD pick too much for a relatively yoing QB who threw for over 3000 yds last year and 20 TDs? His stats have improved every year he has been in the league and he is probably the only other QB in the NFL who has had more OCs than Edwards.