X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

What if we went Iupati and say Saffold?

What if we can somehow trade back and take Iupati with our 1st rounder, then take the best LT left in the second? We now have Levitre and Iupati as our guards, we can move Eric Wood back to center. Let the young guys, Bell and Meredith battle it out for the RT spot, and then whoever we take be it Saffold or someone like that in the second as our Oline. We now have 5 to 7 guys that are young and talented and something to build the line around for years to come.

I would then look for Skelton or Levi Brown in the 3rd or with a trade back up in the 2nd.

I know this neglects the Dline, but I think we can make that work for one season. Or go heavy in the 3rd and 4th and hope we can get some talent in what is the deepest draft we have seen in over a decade.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: What if we went Iupati and say Saffold?

I think it would be ridiculous to spend our first 2 picks on O line when it is our third biggest need. Our QB is terrible currently and we have no D linemen.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

The guy they signed from the Raiders, Cornell Green, is our RT for now. They didn't pay him 3 Mil to be a backup.

There is no guarentee that Wood will be ready, after breaking his leg in 2 places. Optimism doesn't trump realism. But your idea of drafting quality OL is never a bad idea....but we also need some help on the DL and in other areas.

We'll see how the draft falls to the Bills. It's something they cannot control.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
        • Jan 2010

if we are trading down and taking a guard, why not take Pouncey?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I would be more then OK with any scenario that brings in 2 high quality OL....

but we have a huge need for DL help and can use LB help too, so blowing our draft wad on 2 OL in our 1st 2 picks is a bit of a stretch. Although in your scenario we would have an extra 2nd rd pick to help us fill the gaps, I still think it's a stretch and won't happen
          Last edited by ddaryl; 04-13-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X