PDA

View Full Version : Robinson: Bills will deal Lynch for 2nd, Seahawks may be interested

Ickybaluky
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM
LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-marshawnoffers041310)

While the Bills have not been actively shopping Lynch around the league, two sources in contact with the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. And though no dialogue has taken place between the Bills and potential suitors, the aforementioned sources say the Seattle Seahawks, who hold the 28th pick in the second round (60th overall), have had internal discussions about acquiring Lynch.

The match would seem to be a comfortable fit: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is familiar with Lynch after facing him three times while coaching USC, and Lynch’s best friend – former Cal teammate Justin Forsett(notes) – carries a portion of the load in the Seattle backfield. In addition, the new Seattle regime apparently isn’t sold on current starter Julius Jones(notes) as the long-term answer in the backfield.

Oaf
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Man, now that would be ideal.

wmoz11
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm not for giving away Lynch, but if we could get a 2nd for him I'd be pretty damn satisfied.

psubills62
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
A 2nd rounder would be expensive (for Seattle), although it is a late pick in the 2nd. If that happened, I'd love it, but I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up. "Having internal discussions" more often turns into nothing than turns into an actual trade.

The last buffalo fan
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I might **** on my pants if that happens!

I have mixed feelings about it, as I don't want Lynch to leave, but he is a damn tool out of the field and might leave us without a player and without a pick this year if he gets busted again. :ill:

Scumbag College
04-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Insert Dexter McCluster into that last second round pick if that's true.

T-Long
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
The 2nd round in this year's draft is just like another first round...it honestly is loaded with talent. That's why I'm very comfortable with one of the best scouts Buddy Nix calling the shots. If he can land a 2nd for Lynch with one strike left, that would be unbelievable...especially in a draft like this.

Mr. Miyagi
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Remember the quote says "include a 2nd rounder int he package", which may mean we might have to give back a later round pick.

If it's straight up Marshawn for their 2nd I'm all for it.

BillsWin
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
On a side note, I've heard that there will be a trade in the NFL within the next 48 hours barring major breakdowns. It is speculated that it has to do with Brandon Marshall. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch is dealt not long after this time frame.

TacklingDummy
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Lynch for a early 2nd round pick is a steal.

The Spaz
04-13-2010, 08:18 PM
do it!!!!!!!!!

Dying_-2-_Live
04-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Wow this would be great

SABURZFAN
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
i'd love to see the Seahawks take him off the Bills hands for a 2nd. i'd be happy with a 3rd.

SABURZFAN
04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Lynch for a early 2nd round pick is a steal.

it would be a late 2nd. (#60 overall)

JCBills
04-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Still, Lynch is one screw up away from a long suspension. It would probably have to be Lynch + pick/player for their 2nd.

Seattle had the 30th ranked pass D last season. Lynch + a DB for that 2nd. Hell I'd do Lynch+Whitner for their 2nd and a 7th, and I didn't even want to trade Lynch lol.

justasportsfan
04-13-2010, 08:35 PM

Tatonka
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
insert toby gerhart with the 2nd round pick.. we win.

better days
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Still, Lynch is one screw up away from a long suspension. It would probably have to be Lynch + pick/player for their 2nd.

Seattle had the 30th ranked pass D last season. Lynch + a DB for that 2nd. Hell I'd do Lynch+Whitner for their 2nd and a 7th, and I didn't even want to trade Lynch lol.

I would throw in Parrish.

JCBills
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I would throw in Parrish.

I'd throw in quite a bit for a 2nd rounder in this draft lol.

Bravo82
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Spiller at #9
Tebow at #41
and Brandon Spikes with the pick we get from ThugMode :clap::clap::clap:

Raptor
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Bet they will take a third for him

or

They will use him to get from there 2nd to say S.D. 1st who is also in need of a RB

WeAreArthurMoates
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Spiller at #9
Tebow at #41
and Brandon Spikes with the pick we get from ThugMode :clap::clap::clap:

I'd go with Thomas or Troupe.

Coach Sal
04-13-2010, 09:49 PM
The Hawks would be an ideal trading partner for this. The Bills could probably get more value from them than almost anyone:

1. Pete Carroll saw Lynch up-close and personal when he coached against him every year in the PAC-10 (USC/Cal). He'd probably be much more willing to take a chance on him remembering how great he was in college.

2. Justin Forsett is in Seattle. He was Lynch's teammate at Cal and, from what I've heard, they are pretty tight. If that's the case, Carroll would probably think they'd have someone who can hang with Marshawn and help to keep him out of trouble.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
The Hawks would be an ideal trading partner for this. The Bills could probably get more value from them than almost anyone:

1. Pete Carroll saw Lynch up-close and personal when he coached against him every year in the PAC-10 (USC/Cal). He'd probably be much more willing to take a chance on him remembering how great he was in college.

2. Justin Forsett is in Seattle. He was Lynch's teammate at Cal and, from what I've heard, they are pretty tight. If that's the case, Carroll would probably think they'd have someone who can hang with Marshawn and help to keep him out of trouble.

Plus there two first rounders will make it more tempting to trade a 2.

Tbuffalobills
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Do it! Lynch is a BUM!

Come on.....Trade him to Toronto For A Case of Lab/Blue! aaahahhhhahahahahahhaha

CuseJetsFan83
04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
anything between a 2nd and 4th round pick the bills should take.......

psubills62
04-13-2010, 11:51 PM
They could use a SS, so Whitner seems like an obvious player to add to a package. If we did, I'd imagine Seattle would have to compensate a little bit more, as their 2nd round pick is a very late one. I'd think maybe a 2nd + 6th for Whitner and Lynch. That would give us three 6th round picks and the power to move around in the draft (similar to last year).

Lexwhat
04-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Any team considering Lynch for a 2nd Round pick is taking a huge risk.

I never thought Pete Carroll is fit to be an NFL head coach. On top of that, he also has final say in all football-related matters, which gives him enormous power. Mike Holmgren couldn't handle those responsibilities, so I highly doubt Carroll will be able to either. I think Carroll would be a moron to trade a pick that high for Lynch.

Considering that we probably won't ever re-sign Lynch, and that he probably wants to leave anyway, a 2nd Rounder for Lynch will be an EXCELLENT deal for the Bills.

CuseJetsFan83
04-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Any team considering Lynch for a 2nd Round pick is taking a huge risk.

I never thought Pete Carroll is fit to be an NFL head coach. On top of that, he also has final say in all football-related matters, which gives him enormous power. Mike Holmgren couldn't handle those responsibilities, so I highly doubt Carroll will be able to either. I think Carroll would be a moron to trade a pick that high for Lynch.

Considering that we probably won't ever re-sign Lynch, and that he probably wants to leave anyway, a 2nd Rounder for Lynch will be an EXCELLENT deal for the Bills.

he sucked as the jets, and patriots head coach....... anything above 6-10 would be an achievement

Dujek
04-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I don't believe for a second that anyone is stupid enough to give up a second for Lynch, but if they were I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Night Train
04-14-2010, 04:42 AM
I highly doubt they'll get such a high pick.

The Bills will settle for less, just to move him. Seattle will look good getting him cheaper and everyone is happy.

The Bills just wish to rid of him from this point and they'll help any team look good in aquiring him.

YardRat
04-14-2010, 05:26 AM
I'd 'settle' for a third from Seattle for Lynch.

mysticsoto
04-14-2010, 07:21 AM
They could use a SS, so Whitner seems like an obvious player to add to a package. If we did, I'd imagine Seattle would have to compensate a little bit more, as their 2nd round pick is a very late one. I'd think maybe a 2nd + 6th for Whitner and Lynch. That would give us three 6th round picks and the power to move around in the draft (similar to last year).

That'd be a terrible trade. Whitner hasn't been spectacular, but he's worth more than a 6th rder...

If we can get a 2nd for Lynch I'd take it...that enables us to be able to take a top NT that we need desperately!!!

RockStar36
04-14-2010, 07:48 AM
WOW

This would be a great deal in a draft like this.

EDS
04-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Is there an echo in here?

psubills62
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
That'd be a terrible trade. Whitner hasn't been spectacular, but he's worth more than a 6th rder...

If we can get a 2nd for Lynch I'd take it...that enables us to be able to take a top NT that we need desperately!!!

I'm not saying Whitner is worth a 6th rounder.

My main point is that Lynch isn't worth a 2nd rounder. He's probably worth about a 4th rounder at this point. However, if we include Whitner, that 4th rounder should bump up to a 2nd + a 6th or so.

kelly2reed4six
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
No chance they get a 2nd rounder for him, unless of course the raiders are shopping for a RB.

TacklingDummy
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Still a steal.

trapezeus
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
if the trade has increased in value to a 2nd rounder, the other team aside from the seahawks must also be serious about lynch.

I'd love a second rounder for Lynch straight up. I'd hate to give up another pick.

TMu11
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM

mysticsoto
04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm not saying Whitner is worth a 6th rounder.

My main point is that Lynch isn't worth a 2nd rounder. He's probably worth about a 4th rounder at this point. However, if we include Whitner, that 4th rounder should bump up to a 2nd + a 6th or so.

If they only offer a 4th for him, then I'd rather keep him. If FJ gets hurt, we're screwed and Lynch is WAY too good for a 4th rder. If we don't get a 2nd rounder, he's not worth trading.

Seattle is a little more desperate for a SS though. We can pitch a 2nd rounder for Whitner also.

Keep in mind that b'cse Seattle is low on the draft roster, a 2nd rounder is almost a 3rd.

I'd be happy with either trade.

jdbillsfan
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
If they only offer a 4th for him, then I'd rather keep him. If FJ gets hurt, we're screwed and Lynch is WAY too good for a 4th rder. If we don't get a 2nd rounder, he's not worth trading.

Seattle is a little more desperate for a SS though. We can pitch a 2nd rounder for Whitner also.

Keep in mind that b'cse Seattle is low on the draft roster, a 2nd rounder is almost a 3rd.

I'd be happy with either trade.

We are screwed already.

billz83
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
i dont really think this is a good idea but i guess if we can get a 2nd rounder it helps a lil but we are creating another problem which the bills are good at doing..what if fred jackson goes down with an injury which this team is KNOWN FOR! we constantly have massive injuries so then what..we have NO OFFENSE what so ever..

billz83
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
i dont really think this is a good idea but i guess if we can get a 2nd rounder it helps a lil but we are creating another problem which the bills are good at doing..what if fred jackson goes down with an injury which this team is KNOWN FOR! we constantly have massive injuries so then what..we have NO OFFENSE what so ever..

Akhippo
04-14-2010, 02:00 PM
To get their second i would also be willing to swap first rounders. 9 and Lynch for 14 and their 60. An extra pick is an extra pick. Like mocks with the Pats, they are able to fill some holes with just the seconds. I would trade down also and get a late first and a ton of seconds. We need bodies.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Living in the Seattle area i have heard Nothing about this and i have been listening.

Buffalogic
04-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Lynch for a early 2nd round pick is a steal.Ya it would be. I'm all for that.

Buffalogic
04-15-2010, 01:05 AM
To get their second i would also be willing to swap first rounders. 9 and Lynch for 14 and their 60. An extra pick is an extra pick. Like mocks with the Pats, they are able to fill some holes with just the seconds. I would trade down also and get a late first and a ton of seconds. We need bodies.Could be argued that their 14 + their 40 would only buy them the 9. We'd be just giving away Lynch in your scenario.

Akhippo
04-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Could be argued that their 14 + their 40 would only buy them the 9. We'd be just giving away Lynch in your scenario.

I dont have the lastest and greatest GM draft value charts. I just use whats on the internet for reference on pick pricing.

For Seattle to move from 14 to 9 they would price wise have to give up their 3rd rounder normally.

For Buffalo to then move from Seattles third to their second rounder would again cost another third rounder, or Lynch's value to me.

Lynch is devalued at this point with off field issues and threat of suspension. So getting anything more than a third is asking alot.

Typ0
04-15-2010, 04:47 AM
the blow hard in the article even mentions that no one has even talked about it. What a load of crap this is.

TonyIncredible
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
That would be ideal. I'm all for stock piling the draft picks for this years draft. Nix knows how to do business. I think we're just use to taking less and getting screwed in the long run from past gms and coaches.