X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

We have no choice but to draft BPA this year

Some years a team can balance it out and justify picking the second or third best player at a position depending on the team's draft position and if the pick is justifiable for that position. This year we have no choice.

By the time the ninth pick rolls around the following players most logically (based on team needs and BPA) will be gone. All teams ahead of us will end up with either the first or second best rated player at that position with the exception of the Seahawks. They need a LT and justifiably Williams could be the third LT sitting their.

Gone by the ninth pick:
    Bradford
    McCoy
    Suh
    Okung
    Bulaga
    Berry
    Williams
    Clausen

We can take the fourth best LT or the third best NT/DT and I can't see that happening. Williams doesn't grade out as a top ten player for our #9 pick.

We aren't taking another CB.
    We aren't taking a DE as none rate out that high.
    I doubt we are taking an OLB or ILB that high.
    I don't see us taking Bryant that high with his character issues even though he grades out as a #1 WR.

I would guess we would jump on the #1 RB which would be Spiller. I am not crazy about this pick and it puts us right back in the position of having a #1 paid RB behind a #2 paid RB that is a starter and we are looking at a problem in the future with Jackson and his pay if he stays a #1 RB.

This #9 draft position sucks!

If we could orchestrate a trade with Baltimore where they trade Gaither to us and their fourth rd pick in 2011 (they don't have a 3rd or 4th rd 2010 pick)and they take the #9 spot and we get their #25 pick we could draft Tebow at #25, Dwyer (RB) at #41, Jefferson from Florida (OLB) in the 3rd, Terrell Troupe (NT) in the 4th and trade our 5th to Washington for Campbell.

That gives us our LT, RB, NT, OLB and a solid set of QB's for immediate use and the future. WR is the only void and quite possibly Mike Williams slides...
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: We have no choice but to draft BPA this year

I think we will either take the best LT available or Spiller.

I am really hoping we can work out a trade where we can Lynch and a pick to Baltimore for Gaither.

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Baltimore needs more picks...they could be a real partner to get back into the first round. I really like Dwyer and Demaryius Thomas as well!
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Thief
        • Sep 2009

What if you have the 3rd best LT rated higher then the 1st best RB or WR?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm sure whoever we take, the front office will be thrilled, declare that he was the best player on their board, and they're shocked and excited that he dropped to us.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
          X