PDA

View Full Version : McShay had Buffalo with back to back picks in 2nd round

Pinkerton Security
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I was watching ESPN yesterday during the Tebow-palooza that is the NFL section of Sportscenter, and McShay was showing where he thought Tebow would fall....and he specifically showed the draft board and said he didnt think Tebow would go in the first round. He scrolled down to the 2nd round and pointed to back-to-back picks by the Bills in the early 2nd...i didnt think anything of it as I was also working from home and wasnt really paying attention. But then I thought...wait we dont have two 2nd rounders, let alone back to back picks.

Is there anyway there is something in the works that we dont know about with Lynch and they mistakenly tipped their hand? It would involve either San Diego (via Seattle) or Tampa (via Chicago)...most likely was just an error on their part but I was curious to see what everyone else thought it this. (I'll prolly be called an idiot but obviously I dont care).

Mahdi
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I was watching ESPN yesterday during the Tebow-palooza that is the NFL section of Sportscenter, and McShay was showing where he thought Tebow would fall....and he specifically showed the draft board and said he didnt think Tebow would go in the first round. He scrolled down to the 2nd round and pointed to back-to-back picks by the Bills in the early 2nd...i didnt think anything of it as I was also working from home and wasnt really paying attention. But then I thought...wait we dont have two 2nd rounders, let alone back to back picks.

Is there anyway there is something in the works that we dont know about with Lynch and they mistakenly tipped their hand? It would involve either San Diego (via Seattle) or Tampa (via Chicago)...most likely was just an error on their part but I was curious to see what everyone else thought it this. (I'll prolly be called an idiot but obviously I dont care).
He was probably showing a scenario where Buffalo trades back into the second round to select Tebow.

tkobfsb51
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM

I saw the same thing and I know that he didn't mention anything about the Bills trading back into the second. It'd be great if he knew something that we don't know, but I'm sure Adam Schefter would have broke some sort of news about it by now.

psubills62
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Well that's interesting because San Diego has the pick right before Buffalo - and they've been mentioned as a trading partner for Lynch.

But honestly, I think McShay has diddly in the way of contacts in the league. I doubt he'd hear anything that he would be confident enough to put into his mock. Unless Schefter reported it first.

I wouldn't think anything of it - probably just an error.

DBrown77
04-14-2010, 11:33 AM
He was probably showing a scenario where Buffalo trades back into the second round to select Tebow. Why would we trade up right ahead or behind ourselves to pick Tebow?

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Why would we trade up right ahead or behind ourselves to pick Tebow?

Because we're Buffalo. It's not enough to waste a draft pick on a bust. We have to trade up and waste MULTIPLE draft picks on each bust.

Mahdi
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Because the Phins and Pats pick right after Tampa Bay (who picks right after us in the second) so we would have to trade with Tampa to ensure we get Tebow before Miami and NE.

The last buffalo fan
04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Because we're Buffalo. It's not enough to waste a draft pick on a bust. We have to trade up and waste MULTIPLE draft picks on each bust.

Get serious man, I just open this thread because I saw you posted a comment here.

Ed
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
If McShay knew something I think he would have reported it already before putting it in his mock draft.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Get serious man, I just open this thread because I saw you posted a comment here.

Well...
John McCargo
James Hardy
JP Losman
Paul Posluzny

All guys we traded up for. McCargo and Losman are straight-up busts. Hardy has done nothing yet (although to be fair he's been injured so the jury is still out) and Posluzny has been OK but nowhere near the dominant defender many people thought he would be.

So that's 4 examples right there where the Bills traded up and lost out on the deal.

Ed
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Well...
John McCargo
James Hardy
JP Losman
Paul Posluzny

All guys we traded up for. McCargo and Losman are straight-up busts. Hardy has done nothing yet (although to be fair he's been injured so the jury is still out) and Posluzny has been OK but nowhere near the dominant defender many people thought he would be.

So that's 4 examples right there where the Bills traded up and lost out on the deal.
I think you're wrong about Hardy. I'm pretty sure they did not trade up for him. I do believe we traded up for Denney though. We also traded up for Levitre.

dasaybz
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM
They didn't trade up for Hardy, and those guys were all drafted by football people that don't know much about football.

Nix excellent at drafting players and has a great track record of it. I highly doubt that if Nix were GM during the time that those picks were made, it would have been very different.

DrGraves
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
the pats have two picks not the bills.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I think you're wrong about Hardy. I'm pretty sure they did not trade up for him. I do believe we traded up for Denney though. We also traded up for Levitre.

I was going off memory so I could be mistaken. I'm sure we traded up for the other 3 though.

Don't Panic
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I was going off memory so I could be mistaken. I'm sure we traded up for the other 3 though.

Point being, enough with the comparing the old regime to the new regime. I have yet to see you give these guys a chance without kicking their face into the dirt.

Don't Panic
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM

That's easy... to keep ourselves from getting someone that we wanted. It's a we block we scenario. We're guaranteed to win!

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Point being, enough with the comparing the old regime to the new regime. I have yet to see you give these guys a chance without kicking their face into the dirt.

And why should we give them a chance? They didnt' fire Modrak. They didn't fire Overdorf. They didn't fire Russ Brandon. And the people who selected this GM and coach are the same people who selected the GM's and coaches that failed us for the last decade. It all comes back to Ralph and that hasn't changed.