PDA

View Full Version : DB's 2 Round Mock Draft

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Currently working on a 7 Rounder, but this is the first two rounds of it.

Round 1
1 St Louis- QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma
2 Detroit – DT Ndakumong Suh-Nebraska
3 Tampa Bay- DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma
4 Washington- OT Russell Okung-Oklahoma State
5 Kansas City – OT Trent Williams-Oklahoma
6 Seattle- OT Bryan Bulaga-Iowa
7 Cleveland- SS Eric Berry-Tennessee
8 Oakland- DE Everson Griffen-USC
9 Buffalo- DT Dan Williams-Tennessee
10 Jacksonville – RB CJ Spiller-Clemson
11 Denver (f/Chicago)- FS Earl Thomas-Texas
12 Miami- DE Jason Pierre-Paul-South Florida
13 San Francisco- OT Anthony Davis-Rutgers
14 Seattle (f/ Denver)- DE Derrick Morgan-Georgia Tech
15 NY Giants- CB Kyle Wilson-Boise State
16 Tennessee- DT Brian Price-UCLA
17 San Francisco (f/ Carolina)- CB Joe Haden-Florida
18 Pittsburgh- WR Dez Bryant-Oklahoma State
19 Atlanta- DE Brandon Graham-Michigan
20 Houston- RB Ryan Matthews-Fresno St
21 Cincinnati- CB Devin McCourtney-Rutgers
22 New England- LB Jerry Hughes-TCU
23 Green Bay- OT Charles Brown-USC
24 Philadelphia- LB Rolando McClain-Alabama
25 Baltimore- CB Kareem Jackson-Alabama
26 Arizona- QB Jimmy Clausen-Notre Dame
27 Dallas- S Taylor Mays-USC
28 San Diego- DE Carlos Dunlap-Florida
29 NY Jets- NT Terrance Cody-Alabama
30 Minnesota- TE Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
31 Indianapolis- LB Daryl Washington-TCU
32 New Orleans-OLB Sean Weatherspoon-Missouri

Round 2
33 St Louis- OT Vladimir Ducasse-UMass
34 Detroit- OT Bruce Campbell-Maryland
35 Tampa Bay- WR Demayrius Thomas-Georgia Tech
36 Kansas City- OLB Sergio Kindle-Texas
37 Washington- OC Maurkice Pouncey-Florida
38 Cleveland- WR Golden Tate-Notre Dame
39 Oakland- OT Rodger Saffold-Indiana
40 Seattle- QB Tim Tebow-Florida
41 Buffalo- OLB Ricky Sapp-Clemson
42 Denver (f/ Miami)- WR Arrelious Benn-Illinois
43 Tampa Bay (f/Chicago)-S Chad Jones-LSU
44 New England (f/ Jacksonville)-RB Jonathan Dwyer-Georgia Tech
45 Carolina-WR Mardy Gilyard-Cincinnati
46 New England (f/ Tennessee)-DE Corey Wootton-Northwestern
47 NY Giants-OG Mike Iupati-Idaho
48 Denver- WR Brandon LaFell-LSU
49 San Francisco- QB Colt McCoy-Texas
50 Houston- OG Mike Johnson-Alabama
51 Kansas City (/f Atlanta)- S Reshad Jones-UGA
52 Pittsburgh-QB Dan Lefevour-Central Michigan
53 Cincinnati-TE Aaron Hernandez-Florida
54 New England- OLB Thaddeus Gibson-Ohio State
55 Green Bay-DT Jared Odrick-Penn State
56 Philadelphia- DE Austen Lane-Murray State
57 Baltimore- FS Major Wright-Florida
58 Arizona- OT Jered Veldheer-Hillsdale
59 Dallas-OT Jason Fox-Miami
60 San Diego- RB Jahvid Best-Cal
61 NY Jets- OLB Jason Worlids
62 Minnesota- QB Jevan Snead-Ole Miss
63 Indianapolis-DT Lamarr Houston-Texas
64 New Orleans-DE Greg Hardy-Ole Miss

ServoBillieves
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I would not complain about this draft.

Ed
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Personally, if the Bills go with Dan Williams in Rd 1, I think I'd rather see them go offense in Rd 2 and take OT Veldheer.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Personally, if the Bills go with Dan Williams in Rd 1, I think I'd rather see them go offense in Rd 2 and take OT Veldheer.

I could go with that but I think Sapp is too talented to pass up, imo.

Mr. Miyagi
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
No OT until mid rounds again.

TacklingDummy
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Didn't you try and break my balls about the Steelers picking WR in Round 1?

The Spaz
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not really impressed with Williams but I like the Sapp Pick.

EDS
04-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I love that draft for the Bills from a defensive perspective. Fills the two biggest needs on that side of the ball. Still a huge hole at left tackle, but what are you going to do.

That would be a fantastic draft for the Redskins and Kansas City.

I think Kindle, Iupati and Puncey to go in the first though.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Didn't you try and break my balls about the Steelers picking WR in Round 1?
Nope I pointed out that they already had Sweed and Wallace though. Plus that was not for Bryant.

gonzo1105
04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Everything I have heard is that Brian Price is dropping massively and the Odrick is going to be a 1st rounder maybe even a top 15.

psubills62
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Everything I have heard is that Brian Price is dropping massively and the Odrick is going to be a 1st rounder maybe even a top 15.

I've been hearing both as well. They did invite more prospects (16 this time, I think) to the draft itself (instead of just 5 or 6), but the fact that Odrick was one of them seems to indicate that he probably will go in the early 2nd round at the latest.

Bling
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
No Patrick Robinson in the first two rounds? Interesting. I'd love if the Dolphins got him BPA in the 3rd.

2Smooth
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Chargers have the 40th pick not Seattle

SABURZFAN
04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
that's funny. i thought about asking DB about Ricky Sapp too. i guess i have my answer.

patmoran2006
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I want to somehow, someway leave this draft with Terrence Cody as a Bill.

It would take moving up from 41 I can tell you that for sure.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:23 PM
I want to somehow, someway leave this draft with Terrence Cody as a Bill.

It would take moving up from 41 I can tell you that for sure.

I wouldnt be entirely convinced of that, if he gets past the Jets in the first round he could fall to us and hopefully lower.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:24 PM
No Patrick Robinson in the first two rounds? Interesting. I'd love if the Dolphins got him BPA in the 3rd.

He may be there after Round 3.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:25 PM

Ive heard them as well, my mock speaks volumes about what I think of those whispers.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I've been hearing both as well. They did invite more prospects (16 this time, I think) to the draft itself (instead of just 5 or 6), but the fact that Odrick was one of them seems to indicate that he probably will go in the early 2nd round at the latest.

He could go late 1st but he's basically only a 3-4 DE prospect, I wouldnt put him in a 4-3 so he's very limited in terms of drafting.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
No OT until mid rounds again.

Draft is deep enough where we could still be ok with that.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm not really impressed with Williams but I like the Sapp Pick.

For a 2nd Round pick I think Sapp is way under the radar his potential is through the roof, plus he was productive at Clemson.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Since San Deigo has Seattles pick you would see San Deigo go Dwyer, Best or reach for Tate and then we would snag Tebow.

ct bills fan
04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I would be shocked if the Bills took WIliiams - it goes against everything Nix has preached about drafting players with a proven track record. Willliams had one good year, albeit it was a great year - he was projected as a mid round pick before this last year.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
that's funny. i thought about asking DB about Ricky Sapp too. i guess i have my answer.

Huge fan of Sapp.

Ed
04-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Draft is deep enough where we could still be ok with that.
Who are some 3rd-4th round OT prospects that you like that could come in and start day 1 that we should keep an eye out for?

I trust that Nix has a plan, but if we miss out on the 3 OT's at #9, OT starts to become a pretty big concern for me. I'd hate to not even be able to fairly evaluate whoever our qb is this year because of really lousy OT play.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I would be shocked if the Bills took WIliiams - it goes against everything Nix has preached about drafting players with a proven track record. Willliams had one good year, albeit it was a great year - he was projected as a mid round pick before this last year.

Not true Williams also had two good years as both a Junior and Senior. His junior year was better but he is no one hit wonder.

Ed
04-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Interesting point. Was Williams at least a starter in his junior year?

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Who are some 3rd-4th round OT prospects that you like that could come in and start day 1 that we should keep an eye out for?

I trust that Nix has a plan, but if we miss out on the 3 OT's at #9, OT starts to become a pretty big concern for me. I'd hate to not even be able to fairly evaluate whoever our qb is this year because of really lousy OT play.

Selvish Capers
Ciron Black
Adam Ulatoski
Zane Beadles
Tony Washington
Derek Hardman

Are the main names.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Interesting point. Was Williams at least a starter in his junior year?

Yes played in every game, 48 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 1.5 Sacks

BillsMan80
04-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I can't see the Bills ignoring the absolutely PITIFUL offense in the first two rounds of the draft this year. If they put together a draft like this, the offense may be the worst it has ever been and might just be the worst in the NFL. They absolutely cannot afford to spend their first two picks on defense for one, a guy who is decent player at Defensive Tackle, but nowhere near the prospect that say Casey Hampton was when Pittsburgh took him at 18, and a guy who is coming in who plays the very same position as last year's top pass rusher Schobel (if he comes back), and last year's first round pick. If they go this route in the first round, it's going to take 3 years before this team gets out of the bottom 5 on offense and that means another 2-3 years of no playoffs.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I can't see the Bills ignoring the absolutely PITIFUL offense in the first two rounds of the draft this year. If they put together a draft like this, the offense may be the worst it has ever been and might just be the worst in the NFL. They absolutely cannot afford to spend their first two picks on defense for one, a guy who is decent player at Defensive Tackle, but nowhere near the prospect that say Casey Hampton was when Pittsburgh took him at 18, and a guy who is coming in who plays the very same position as last year's top pass rusher Schobel (if he comes back), and last year's first round pick. If they go this route in the first round, it's going to take 3 years before this team gets out of the bottom 5 on offense and that means another 2-3 years of no playoffs.

The offense can be addressed in the middle rounds that's how deep this class is.

Sapp would play the Strong Side and could use part of a year behind Schobel.

What makes you think that Williams is not a good NT prospect?

The Spaz
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
For a 2nd Round pick I think Sapp is way under the radar his potential is through the roof, plus he was productive at Clemson.

Agreed.

X-Era
04-14-2010, 06:51 PM
The offense can be addressed in the middle rounds that's how deep this class is.

Sapp would play the Strong Side and could use part of a year behind Schobel.

What makes you think that Williams is not a good NT prospect?I agree here.

I dont think any position is so limited in any round that we simply must address a position in a certain round. I just dont see it that way.

Both defensive tackle and offensive tackle are deep positions and there are plenty of mid-round guys who may be solid starters very early.

Night Train
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Love the first pick.

2nd - OT Jered Veldheer - Hillsdale - I think he's better than most people think and took to coaching in the Texas-Nation All-Star game. 6-8 312 and great feet for his size. Needs technique work but all rookies do. Always bends the knees and gets great leverage to drive block. Physically imposing. Has all the tools to start on Sunday, according to Ourlads.

We like.

DraftBoy
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Love the first pick.

2nd - OT Jered Veldheer - Hillsdale - I think he's better than most people think and took to coaching in the Texas-Nation All-Star game. 6-8 312 and great feet for his size. Needs technique work but all rookies do. Always bends the knees and gets great leverage to drive block. Physically imposing. Has all the tools to start on Sunday, according to Ourlads.

We like.

His arm length really scares me at 6'8, he's only got 33" inch arms. I know 33 is the line in the sane but at 6'8, he needs to have longer arms.

clumping platelets
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I LOVE this draft :cp: