PDA

View Full Version : listening to the draft luncheon

jimbohastle51
04-14-2010, 11:32 AM
from what i got from Nix so far, if okung or williams are not at 9 we are not taking a T.

MikeMacie
04-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Same here and i doubt that happens. It seems like Spiller will be the pick at 9.

Night Train
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
They want guys who have played 2-3 years as starters. No one year wonders ( Maybin, who Jauron picked )

Ed
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
So they're not high on Bulaga? He seems like a perfect fit for Buffalo.

Michael82
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I've said it before, Buddy Nix knows that we have a ton of holes, not just at OL. I know this may piss some people off, but we are going BPA and that's fine with me, even if it's CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, or Jimmy Clausen!

jimbohastle51
04-14-2010, 12:09 PM
i think spiller is the guy. unless okung or williams are they i now see no scenario that we draft a T at 9. i think if spiller and the 2 T are gone clausen would be an option. i am only basing this on what i heard from that conference. i also got the sense that they really like Tebow from there gushing when asked about him and also when asked about jerry hughes DE/OLB from TCU did anyone else notice Modrak say to Nix after the question about him was asked "i know know you (Nix) would love to talk about him".

Mr. Miyagi
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a feeling Nix doesn't like Clausen at all.

I'd say if Okung, T Williams, and Bulaga are not there at 9, Spiller is the pick.

Tebow in 2nd.

Nighthawk
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
i think spiller is the guy. unless okung or williams are they i now see no scenario that we draft a T at 9. i think if spiller and the 2 T are gone clausen would be an option. i am only basing this on what i heard from that conference. i also got the sense that they really like Tebow from there gushing when asked about him and also when asked about jerry hughes DE/OLB from TCU did anyone else notice Modrak say to Nix after the question about him was asked "i know know you (Nix) would love to talk about him".

No offense, but there is no way in hell the Bills Brass is going to tell you or anybody how they really feel about players that might or might now be available at #9. They're not going to tip their hand. What you're listening to is just talk...don't read too much into it.

Novacane
04-14-2010, 12:17 PM
I've said it before, Buddy Nix knows that we have a ton of holes, not just at OL. I know this may piss some people off, but we are going BPA and that's fine with me, even if it's CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, or Jimmy Clausen!

Clausen won't be the pick if they go BPA :bf1:

ddaryl
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Clausen won't be the pick if they go BPA :bf1:

That was the reply I was looking for :tip:

JCBills
04-14-2010, 05:54 PM

Because Hughes is a freak, don't be shocked if he's a Bill soon with our hole at LOLB.

SquishDaFish
04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
People really listen to the GMs that talk before the draft??? You do realize they never tip their hands yes???

Buddo
04-14-2010, 06:09 PM
People really listen to the GMs that talk before the draft??? You do realize they never tip their hands yes???

Actually, it's well worth a listen. Nix answers a number of questions regarding Lynch, and other stuff FA and draft related. Modrak also gives some decent insights into some of the prospects, with the odd very straight forward answer about where he sees a particular guy fitting into a system.

SquishDaFish
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Actually, it's well worth a listen. Nix answers a number of questions regarding Lynch, and other stuff FA and draft related. Modrak also gives some decent insights into some of the prospects, with the odd very straight forward answer about where he sees a particular guy fitting into a system.

I didnt mean it like that. Listening like that is cool its believing what they are saying.