• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Bills keeping Marshawn

PFT is reporting that Nix expects Lynch to be around when it's manditory and that they want to keep him.

I'm a fan of Lynch and would hate to see him go. He just has to wake up.

Despite a widespread belief that running back Marshawn Lynch wants out of Buffalo and that other teams are interested in acquiring him, Bills General Manager Buddy Nix says he expects Lynch to return in 2010.
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Bills keeping Marshawn

....and get to Buffalo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Might be just GM speak- if he makes it seem like the Bills are desperate to get rid of Lynch, other teams will lowball him with trade offers.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Might be just GM speak- if he makes it seem like the Bills are desperate to get rid of Lynch, other teams will lowball him with trade offers.
        Yep that is the stradegy that got Pitt a 5 for Holmes. I want to keep Lynch but if we get a 2nd we gotta do it.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

You people that want to run everyone out of town crack me up.

Comment

• mightysimi
            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
            • Mar 2010

That is a good point. But I truly believe that no one will give up a 2nd round pick considering Marshall was only 2 2nd round picks. So if it's any worse, why bother. He's under contract and does provide good insurance for Freddie. Provided he stops hitting people with cars while having guns in the trunk and stealing $20 bills.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
              I'm not one of those people. I could go either way with trading Marshawn.

On one hand, the guy can't stay out of trouble, which keeps him off the field, and he wasn't particularly great when he was on the field.

On the other hand, he has shown that he can play well, and if we trade him, then we have yet another hole to fill in the draft.

I don't see any desperate reason to move him, but he shouldn't be untouchable if the right offer comes along. And I think that's where Nix's comments come in. If the team shows some interest in keeping him, any potential trade partners know they'll have to make a really good offer.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER
                My favorites are the people who want Marshawn out but still have his picture in their avatar or signature.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Dont buy what he's telling you..

Unless they get absolutley NOTHING in terms of an offer, they are trading him, period..

The organization does NOT want him around.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

On one hand, the guy can't stay out of trouble, which keeps him off the field, and he wasn't particularly great when he was on the field.

On the other hand, he has shown that he can play well, and if we trade him, then we have yet another hole to fill in the draft.

I don't see any desperate reason to move him, but he shouldn't be untouchable if the right offer comes along. And I think that's where Nix's comments come in. If the team shows some interest in keeping him, any potential trade partners know they'll have to make a really good offer.
                    I agree. I'd move him for the right price, but don't trade him just to get rid of him. Whether he wants to be here or not, he has no leverage and could still contribute for us. If he really wants to play for another team then the best thing he can do for himself is to show up, play well, and increase his value.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                      My favorites are the people who want Marshawn out but still have his picture in their avatar or signature.
                      My favorites are the people that are seriously concerned that their Lynch jersey purchase is in jeopardy.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

The right price is late 3rd early 4th. This talk of getting a late 2nd for him is fantasy island.

Comment

• Prov401
                          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                          • Aug 2008

That's the exact reason I don't want to get rid of him as well. We gotta get a line in front of him. I think on paper we could possibly have the best RB combo in the NFL.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Im a Lynch fan as a football player not as a person. And him and Jackson together is what we need but if hes not wanted here and we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him we need to ship him out.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

I'm with OP on this.

Lynch has no leverage and yes we all think he should show up because it is a new staff he is not required to. But on the other hand he seems to like to get into mischief. And not the good kind either.

So if he wants out that bad he needs to show up and produce. But if he produces the team might win and then that would change everyones attitude so it's a trickle down effect after all.

Personally i would like to see him scrap the Beast Mode thing because lets be honest he has yet to show anything remotely close to Beast Mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X