PDA

View Full Version : Bills keeping Marshawn

mightysimi
04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
PFT is reporting that Nix expects Lynch to be around when it's manditory and that they want to keep him.

I'm a fan of Lynch and would hate to see him go. He just has to wake up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/buddy-nix-bills-plan-to-keep-marshawn-lynch/

Beebe's Kid
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
....and get to Buffalo.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Might be just GM speak- if he makes it seem like the Bills are desperate to get rid of Lynch, other teams will lowball him with trade offers.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Might be just GM speak- if he makes it seem like the Bills are desperate to get rid of Lynch, other teams will lowball him with trade offers.

Yep that is the stradegy that got Pitt a 5 for Holmes. I want to keep Lynch but if we get a 2nd we gotta do it.

HAMMER
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
You people that want to run everyone out of town crack me up.

mightysimi
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM

That is a good point. But I truly believe that no one will give up a 2nd round pick considering Marshall was only 2 2nd round picks. So if it's any worse, why bother. He's under contract and does provide good insurance for Freddie. Provided he stops hitting people with cars while having guns in the trunk and stealing $20 bills.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 02:04 PM

I'm not one of those people. I could go either way with trading Marshawn.

On one hand, the guy can't stay out of trouble, which keeps him off the field, and he wasn't particularly great when he was on the field.

On the other hand, he has shown that he can play well, and if we trade him, then we have yet another hole to fill in the draft.

I don't see any desperate reason to move him, but he shouldn't be untouchable if the right offer comes along. And I think that's where Nix's comments come in. If the team shows some interest in keeping him, any potential trade partners know they'll have to make a really good offer.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM

My favorites are the people who want Marshawn out but still have his picture in their avatar or signature.

patmoran2006
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Dont buy what he's telling you..

Unless they get absolutley NOTHING in terms of an offer, they are trading him, period..

The organization does NOT want him around.

Ed
04-14-2010, 02:29 PM

On one hand, the guy can't stay out of trouble, which keeps him off the field, and he wasn't particularly great when he was on the field.

On the other hand, he has shown that he can play well, and if we trade him, then we have yet another hole to fill in the draft.

I don't see any desperate reason to move him, but he shouldn't be untouchable if the right offer comes along. And I think that's where Nix's comments come in. If the team shows some interest in keeping him, any potential trade partners know they'll have to make a really good offer.
I agree. I'd move him for the right price, but don't trade him just to get rid of him. Whether he wants to be here or not, he has no leverage and could still contribute for us. If he really wants to play for another team then the best thing he can do for himself is to show up, play well, and increase his value.

HAMMER
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
My favorites are the people who want Marshawn out but still have his picture in their avatar or signature.

My favorites are the people that are seriously concerned that their Lynch jersey purchase is in jeopardy.

Bill Cody
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
The right price is late 3rd early 4th. This talk of getting a late 2nd for him is fantasy island.

Prov401
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM

That's the exact reason I don't want to get rid of him as well. We gotta get a line in front of him. I think on paper we could possibly have the best RB combo in the NFL.

SquishDaFish
04-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Im a Lynch fan as a football player not as a person. And him and Jackson together is what we need but if hes not wanted here and we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him we need to ship him out.

tat2dmike77
04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm with OP on this.

Lynch has no leverage and yes we all think he should show up because it is a new staff he is not required to. But on the other hand he seems to like to get into mischief. And not the good kind either.

So if he wants out that bad he needs to show up and produce. But if he produces the team might win and then that would change everyones attitude so it's a trickle down effect after all.

Personally i would like to see him scrap the Beast Mode thing because lets be honest he has yet to show anything remotely close to Beast Mode.

LVGrown
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
My favorites are the people that are seriously concerned that their Lynch jersey purchase is in jeopardy.

Can't speak for everyone, but I was being a straight up smartass when I made my Lynch jersey comments. Was more of a jeeze this is the 3rd jersey in a row that the player was traded the following season. Lynch is my favorite player to watch when playing ... don't want to see him go anywhere either, but if the price is right then so be it. I just wanna win!

ddaryl
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Nix gave a plitically correct response..

It doesn't mean squat. If the Bills get a 2nd round pick Nix won't bat an eye he'll deal him IMO

don137
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
People need to realize to never believe a GM in the NFL this time of year.

Forward_Lateral
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
If they keep him, fine, if they trade him, as long as they don't give him away, I'm fine with that too.

If the Bills are serious about being a running team, they'll need Marshawn, or a suitable replacement (not one of the jokers they've signed recently) to split carries with Jackson.

Ron Burgundy
04-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Dont buy what he's telling you..

Unless they get absolutley NOTHING in terms of an offer, they are trading him, period..

The organization does NOT want him around.

Oh, they're trading him. It's guaranteed, I read it somewhere.

Raptor
04-14-2010, 03:50 PM
What else is he supposed to say?

If he confirms it, it does nothing but create problems. It drops his, Lynch, value now that teams know that the Bills want him gone and if he cant move him then Lynch comes to camp and this team felling pretty unwanted which Im sure will do wonders for his temperament

tampabay25690
04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
PFT is reporting that Nix expects Lynch to be around when it's manditory and that they want to keep him.

I'm a fan of Lynch and would hate to see him go. He just has to wake up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/buddy-nix-bills-plan-to-keep-marshawn-lynch/

It doesnt say that at all....
He is under contract is what I read?????

Nix wouldnt come out or any SMART GM and say we want to trade our GHETTO RB...

HHURRICANE
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I think giving up on Marshawyn is a mistake. The Bills used a first round pick for him so they might want to figure out how to use a guy that definately has talent.

The Bills are awesome at drafting guys high and than trading them later for a bag of peanuts. Parrish is a classic example.

Ed
04-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I think giving up on Marshawyn is a mistake. The Bills used a first round pick for him so they might want to figure out how to use a guy that definately has talent.

The Bills are awesome at drafting guys high and than trading them later for a bag of peanuts. Parrish is a classic example.
When did Parrish get traded?

buffalobillsfan95
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
if the price is right they will trade him. but there doing the same thing andy reid did with mccnab, to keep his stalk from pluminting

djjimkelly
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
what people dont get new coach new depth chart.

if u think chan gailey gonna go with dicks depth chart your not smart.

Buddo
04-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Over on bb.com in the 'media lounge', there's a 25 minute snapshot of the 'pre-draft lunch' the Bills have. Any comments being made in the media, are simply paraphrasing that.
Nix categorically stated that all the 'trade talk' with Lynch, hasn't been coming from us. Now that obviously doesn't mean they wouldn't listen if they got an offer, but it would imply that they haven't (at least as yet) been actively shopping Lynch around.
He was also asked directly if Lynch has asked to be traded. His only answer was that he's under contract, so it isn't his decision (i.e. Lynch's).
Imho, the whole thing (video) is well worth watching - you get to hear Nix answer a variety of questions about FA, the Draft etc., and you also get quite a few quick appraisals from Modrak on what a variety of prospects are capable of.
One to be aware of would be Morgan, as Modrak clearly stated he felt he could play in a 3-4, as well as a 4-3.

mightysimi
04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
It doesnt say that at all....
He is under contract is what I read?????

Nix wouldnt come out or any SMART GM and say we want to trade our GHETTO RB...

"He don't make that decision," Nix said. "He's under contract to us. We're going to do what's best for the Bills. We need Marshawn, and we expect him to show up when it's mandatory."

mightysimi
04-15-2010, 04:10 PM
what people dont get new coach new depth chart.

if u think chan gailey gonna go with dicks depth chart your not smart.

:D