• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Rate the talking heads

I'm not good with knowing all the different draft experts.

but of kiper, maylock, scheft, mcshay...which ones do you feel get the scouting right and pick the winners and losers before the draft. and which one(s) do you think are just a mouthpiece that teams use to get misinformation out there?

then which ones do you think get the actual mocks closest to right year after year?

Just curious.
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Rate the talking heads

I think Mayock is the most right out of any of them. I mean he called Heyward-Bay to the Raiders. Usually he has like 20 or more out 32 correct which is pretty good with out being in any of the draft rooms.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

They all suck. Mayock, I feel, sucks the least.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

but of kiper, maylock, scheft, mcshay...which ones do you feel get the scouting right and pick the winners and losers before the draft. and which one(s) do you think are just a mouthpiece that teams use to get misinformation out there?

then which ones do you think get the actual mocks closest to right year after year?

Just curious.
        It's too early to do this.

You can't evaluate these guys until AFTER the draft. Once the draft is over, the ones who give the Buffalo Bills a good draft grade are the ones who know what they're talking about, and the ones who give the Bills a bad draft grade are morons just trying to fill air time, and they'd be working for an NFL team if they actually knew WTF they were talking about.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

David Byrne wasn't necessarily my favorite, but by far the most talented of the 4.

Jerry Harrison's solo career killed him by my standards, and, due to the fact I'm not a huge drummer or Chris Frantz backing vocals fan I'll go with a young Tina Weymouth.

Definitely Tina Weymouth.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

I've love what Daniel Jeremiah is doing over at movethesticks/twitter. Seems like a straight shooter, doesn't really talk about teams, just the prospects and their respective strengths/weaknesses. He's going to be on a network real soon, you can just tell.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
              I've love what Daniel Jeremiah is doing over at movethesticks/twitter. Seems like a straight shooter, doesn't really talk about teams, just the prospects and their respective strengths/weaknesses. He's going to be on a network real soon, you can just tell.
              Heard the same thing of him. Might have to check him out.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

mel kiper jr

draftboy
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Prov401
                  President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus

Just curious.
                  In my opinion from best to worst: Mayock, Mcshay, Kiper, Sheft.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

From an evaluation pov, Mayock is the best, although I think Kiper isn't that bad, he just has nfi about what teams real needs are.
                    The guy who always seems to come out on top with his final 'mock' is Rick Gosselin, who writes for a Dallas newspaper I believe.
                    The coverage to really watch if you want to see someone really cover what's going to go down as it happens, is Mayock on NFL Network. I've been thoroughly impressed in the past at Mayock's ability to narrow picks down as the draft progresses, to one or two guys he thinks the next team will pick, right into the lower rounds. And he isn't often wrong, or even thrown a curve ball, which is no mean achievement in my book.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I def put Mayock to the front of that list.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                        David Byrne wasn't necessarily my favorite, but by far the most talented of the 4.

Jerry Harrison's solo career killed him by my standards, and, due to the fact I'm not a huge drummer or Chris Frantz backing vocals fan I'll go with a young Tina Weymouth.

Definitely Tina Weymouth.
                        Nice !

Still have my ticket stub from their 1983 concert at UB. I saw them 3 times.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                        X