• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Three names to remember on Draft Day

1. CJ Spiller-RB Clemson
    2. Dan Williams-DT Tenn
    3. Terrance Cody-DT Bama Trade down for extra second...

No QB or OT until rd 2 or 3..
    Bmax...
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Re: Three names to remember on Draft Day

no thanks on Spiller.... just dont see a RB making much of a difference without much of a line to help him out.

But assuming Okung, Bulaga, T. Williams, Suh, McCoy, and Bradford are all gone... I'd love to grab Dan Williams... or trade down if possible

Comment

• SirMcGee
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Kenny
      no thanks on Spiller.... just dont see a RB making much of a difference without much of a line to help him out.

But assuming Okung, Bulaga, T. Williams, Suh, McCoy, and Bradford are all gone... I'd love to grab Dan Williams... or trade down if possible
      The words of a wise man.

Dr. Lecter should take notes
      DRAFT WISHLIST
      1) BRYAN BULAGA - OT/IOWA
      2) JONATHON DWYER - RB/GA TECH
      3) JASON WORILDS - OLB/ VA. TECH
      4) TORRELL TROUP - NT/CENTRAL FLORIDA

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

So because the Bills might not have a good line THIS YEAR, they should pass on a player's potential CAREER.

That's not how the draft works.

This is what I was talking about here ...
        So today I saw the following statement: What's the point of having a good o-line if they never find the guy who plays behind center? That mirrors other sentiments over the past couple months that go something like, "Why draft a QB if he has no one to throw it to and/or no LT?" "Why draft a WR if there's
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

I just dont see the value of first round RB's. They take a pounding, last 4 or 5 years, body br eaks down and your looking for a replacement. RB's can be found in later rounds. We need a 1st round pick that will be a impact starter for 8 plus years!
          QB
          OT
          DT
          DE

I would add Center and LB to the list but not at 9, just my thoughts! Whitner at 8 has really paid off!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Cody may eat his way out of the league.

Ted Washington was huge but a brick ****house in the chest,legs & arms. Cody is flabby everywhere and looks like he'll be gassed by the end of the first quarter. I saw the Tenny game also, where he blocked the 2 kicks. That doesn't equal a 16 game season.

Another project/potential boom or bust guy. I've had it with that ilk.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
              I just dont see the value of first round RB's. They take a pounding, last 4 or 5 years, body br eaks down and your looking for a replacement. RB's can be found in later rounds. We need a 1st round pick that will be a impact starter for 8 plus years!
              QB
              OT
              DT
              DE

I would add Center and LB to the list but not at 9, just my thoughts! Whitner at 8 has really paid off!
              Exactly my thinking...

Plus, for those thinking a Chris Johnson type of player would help us win... The Titans didnt start winning until VY stepped in.

If we cant find a franchise QB or LT early in this draft, we need to find a NT. RB is a luxury pick we simply dont have to waste.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Three names I don't want to hear out of Buddy Nix on draft day.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Spliier or Dan Williams would be fine by me. They would make an impact.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

what do you mean by "much of a line"?

We signed Hangartner last offseason who turned out well, drafted our RG with our first round pick, drafted a LG with our second round pick and just recently signed a run blocking RT.

So I think yer statement about the OL is a bit extreme. We are only missing 1 position and that is not a deterrent to drafting possibly the top playmaker in the draft.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bmax
                      1. CJ Spiller-RB Clemson
                      2. Dan Williams-DT Tenn
                      3. Terrance Cody-DT Bama Trade down for extra second...

No QB or OT until rd 2 or 3..
                      Bmax...
                      Don't like the idea of a plugger with our first round pick.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                        • Jul 2002

Dan Williams will not be it. One year track record and that goes against everything Nix has preached.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                          Dan Williams will not be it. One year track record and that goes against everything Nix has preached.
                          Williams played in 6 games in 2006. Then Dan Williams started 10 of 14 games in 2007 and had 40 tackles. He started 9 of 12 games in 2008 and had 48 tackles. Then obviously he really exploded onto the scene this year with 62 tackles in 12 games.

I wouldn't call him a "one-year wonder" since he played four years at Tennessee. He was pretty clearly under the radar until this season, but to call him a one year wonder isn't really accurate.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• ct bills fan
                            • Jul 2002

He was considered a mid to late round pick heading into his senior year. Granted, he had a great senior year, but, after what nix/modrik said (especially about how they wouldn't have drafted Maybin) I don't see them taking him. If so, they know a hell of a lot more than me, but, from everything they've said, I think they go will a guy that has been top tier for 3-4 years.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                              He was considered a mid to late round pick heading into his senior year. Granted, he had a great senior year, but, after what nix/modrik said (especially about how they wouldn't have drafted Maybin) I don't see them taking him. If so, they know a hell of a lot more than me, but, from everything they've said, I think they go will a guy that has been top tier for 3-4 years.
                              I know what he was considered prior to this season; he was under the radar and a monster senior year propped him up. I was merely pointing out that he did have year-to-year production and wasn't a "one year wonder" like Maybin. The two extra years of production that Williams had is the difference between drafting a red shirt sophomore like Maybin and a red shirt senior like Williams.

God give me style and give me grace
                              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
                              X