PDA

View Full Version : Source/Rumor : Nix loves McCoy.

BillsWin
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
No, not Gerald McCoy, although I can guarantee our new GM would be doing backflips if he could grab the University of Oklahoma DT.

I have a source pretty close to the Buffalo Bills who told me that Nix is "in love" with former Texas quarterback, Colt McCoy.

This makes no sense to me personally, because I would think we'd want a bigger, stronger QB to combat the Buffalo weather.

McCoy however may be the best fit for Gailey's system. McCoy is athletic, and can make plays with his feet. McCoy is also the kind of QB who can get the ball to his wide receivers in space and let them make the plays.

The same source told me that there are two left tackles that Nix wants to take in the first round. Okung and Bulaga. After those two prospects, Nix feels that there is a slight drop off.

You may be asking where this leaves Williams. I asked the same thing.

My source told me that Nix sees Williams as a borderline top 10-15 pick, but believes Bulaga or Okung could come in from day one and start.

This is another thing I, personally don't agree with. I don't like Trent Williams and think he has the wrong attitude. Even still, I think he is going to be a good player (unless he changes his attitude once the checks start rolling in). I also believe there are reports that we like Williams.

Disclaimer though: I don't know how much stock I'd put into any of this. Everything said before the draft, especially this close to the big show, could just be GM talk. I have no idea where the Bills are going in the draft. With Dick Jauron, I knew what was going down. But we have shown interest in, and brought in so many prospects that I literally wouldn't be surprised with any pick we make.

So this could be all wrong. Maybe Nix HATES McCoy, and maybe he thinks Williams is the best player in the draft.

Either way, I thought I would pass this on. Btw, this is the same source who gave me the inside scoop on the Drayton Florence signing a year ago.

BillsWin
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
One more thing. This guy told me not to be surprised if we went defense, McCoy in the second and tackle in the third or fourth.

Dan Williams and CJ Spiller are the two guys my source thinks we will take at nine, unless Bulaga falls.

BidsJr
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Not surprised about this at all, If he likes him to much to risk missing on him we'll take him with the first pick.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Makes sense seeing that Rivers and Brees all started a ton of games. Won a boat load of them and all are accurate. His arm strength is extremely questionable but may fit Gaileys system. Interesting about Bulaga.

YardRat
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Tell your source that Spiller plays offense, not defense.

X-Era
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
No, not Gerald McCoy, although I can guarantee our new GM would be doing backflips if he could grab the University of Oklahoma DT.

I have a source pretty close to the Buffalo Bills who told me that Nix is "in love" with former Texas quarterback, Colt McCoy.

This makes no sense to me personally, because I would think we'd want a bigger, stronger QB to combat the Buffalo weather.

McCoy however may be the best fit for Gailey's system. McCoy is athletic, and can make plays with his feet. McCoy is also the kind of QB who can get the ball to his wide receivers in space and let them make the plays.

The same source told me that there are two left tackles that Nix wants to take in the first round. Okung and Bulaga. After those two prospects, Nix feels that there is a slight drop off.

You may be asking where this leaves Williams. I asked the same thing.

My source told me that Nix sees Williams as a borderline top 10-15 pick, but believes Bulaga or Williams could come in from day one and start.

This is another thing I, personally don't agree with. I don't like Trent Williams and think he has the wrong attitude. Even still, I think he is going to be a good player (unless he changes his attitude once the checks start rolling in). I also believe there are reports that we like Williams.

Disclaimer though: I don't know how much stock I'd put into any of this. Everything said before the draft, especially this close to the big show, could just be GM talk. I have no idea where the Bills are going in the draft. With Dick Jauron, I knew what was going down. But we have shown interest in, and brought in so many prospects that I literally wouldn't be surprised with any pick we make.

So this could be all wrong. Maybe Nix HATES McCoy, and maybe he thinks Williams is the best player in the draft.

Either way, I thought I would pass this on. Btw, this is the same source who gave me the inside scoop on the Drayton Florence signing a year ago.

Id be very happy if we landed McCoy

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I would love Colt McCoy

BillsWin
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Tell your source that Spiller plays offense, not defense.

I think he knows that. :up:

He was basically saying, "don't be surprised if they went defense first. But, my opinion is they will either pick Dan Williams or CJ Spiller."

YardRat
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
BTW...I know deep down it's not fair of me, but I can't shake the disappointment of him crumbling early in the championship game.

If we do end up drafting him, I hope like hell he acquires a Thurman Thomas-type chip on his shoulder for not being able to finish that contest.

X-Era
I think he knows that. :up:

He was basically saying, "don't be surprised if they went defense first. But, my opinion is they will either pick Dan Williams or CJ Spiller."

Spiller and then McCoy would throw some into a headspin.

But, we could still land guys like Jason Fox and Linval Joseph.

BillsWin
I'm on the fence about McCoy. I like him though. When I worked covering the Big XII I interviewed him after the Red River Rivalry in 2008 I believe.

Nice kid. He looked like he was 14 years old though. Well spoken however. Smiled a lot.

X-Era
04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
BTW...I know deep down it's not fair of me, but I can't shake the disappointment of him crumbling early in the championship game.

If we do end up drafting him, I hope like hell he acquires a Thurman Thomas-type chip on his shoulder for not being able to finish that contest.

I think hes plenty rugged enough to hold up in the NFL.

New Ro's Greatest
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the Info BW! GO BILLS:bullseye:

Dicknoze69
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM

I think he shares your disappointment at not being able to finish that game. From what I remember, he couldn't feel his arm at all and would have played had it been feasible.

YardRat
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I think he shares your disappointment at not being able to finish that game. From what I remember, he couldn't feel his arm at all and would have played had it been feasible.

I just read an article from the day after...he could feel everything except for his thumb, but that made it 'impossible' to throw anything but a flutter....no zip or touch.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 08:55 PM
even if the part about Colt McCoy is true, we're not going to get him. It would simply cost too much.

SirMcGee
04-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Although I don't really want to take any QB in this year's class, if somebody forced me to pick one, it would be Colt.

Dr. Lecter
04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
even if the part about Colt McCoy is true, we're not going to get him. It would simply cost too much.

Cost too much?

Nighthawk
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I would love Colt McCoy

That makes two of us!

homeslice5484
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
McCoy, Clausen, Tebow, whatever. Just get a QB in here we can groom that you actually believe in and go with him.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
If we do love Colt, I pray Bulaga falls to us. Bulaga, Colt, Troupe and a guy like Worilds, Brandon Lang or Norwood would be a phenominal draft.

homeslice5484
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/121/290366303_8e83acbc2b.jpg

TonyIncredible
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
would be a nice pick-up and in all fairness Accuracy of the QB is the key most important things. Now I know the harsh winds of buffalo are not kind to the weak at arm. But Chad Pennington is a pretty good QB and has been in a few playoff games considering his questionable arm strength. And JP has proved to us a cannon arm is nothing without accuracy. I think Colt will be just fine

homeslice5484
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
No problem with Colt in the 2nd round, but they also must upgrade the LT somehow. Maybe trade back into round 2 somehow to get a QB and OT?

BillsWin
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
If we do love Colt, I pray Bulaga falls to us. Bulaga, Colt, Troupe and a guy like Worilds, Brandon Lang or Norwood would be a phenominal draft.

I would be happy beyond belief with that draft.

The King
04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I would love Colt McCoyI am with you!!!!

ZAZusmc03
04-14-2010, 10:07 PM
I will cheer for whoever is on our team, however, I don't think McCoy will be successful in the NFL, nor do I think he would be any help in the Buffalo weather.

trapezeus
04-14-2010, 10:07 PM
the rumors on the bills QB vary on every single top QB. Nix loves them all depending on who you read.

i'm guessing we have a very unlikely chance of taking a qb in this draft at all.

OpIv37
04-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Cost too much?

D'oh- nevermind. I was confusing McCoy with Bradford and thought we'd have to trade up to get him.

BertSquirtgum
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
it's because they both have southern accents.

however there's no way he should be drafted at 9. no no no no no no.

ServoBillieves
04-14-2010, 10:16 PM
For the first time ever, you will hear from me... I would be OK with Tebow or McCoy in the second round. I'm sorry, but I see McCoy in Trent Edwards but Tebow is just that "could work/might work/won't work" QB that if a team is going to try on, who *****ng cares in the next 2 years where we are bottom feeders.

The Spaz
04-14-2010, 10:18 PM
If you are worried about hand size McCoy has 9 3/8.

wmoz11
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
I'd rather we take our lumps with Edwards and draft one of the 3 or 4 QB's that come out next year that will go in the top 10.

Appreciate the info regardless, BillsWin.

DANMAN
04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
I would love a draft that went like this:

1st Bulaga - LT for at least the next 5-6 years
2nd Colt McCoy - QB for Gailey to mold
3rd Troupe - DL help for the new 3-4
4th Jordan Shipley - Colts favorite WR and best friend, quick with great hands, runs very good routes, can return punts/kicks and Colt has been throwing to him since they were kids. Would be great for Colt's development and a real asett for the offense. A bigger more physical version of Wes Welker.

Novacane
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd much rather have McCoy in rnd 2 than than Clausen in rnd 1. He has as good a chance of being good as Clausen imo.

Prov401
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I'd much rather have McCoy in rnd 2 than than Clausen in rnd 1. He has as good a chance of being good as Clausen imo.

Agree.

Bills Juggernaut
04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Just watched some highlights on McCoy.

Not impressed. Average arm strength. Accuracy was not that good at all. Throws were low or high. WR's had to slow down or jump up to make the catch.

I don't see it with this kid and I wanted to.

jaycorp51
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I just read an article from the day after...he could feel everything except for his thumb, but that made it 'impossible' to throw anything but a flutter....no zip or touch.

He couldn't throw an 8 yard pass to his father without skipping the ball to him.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I would be happy beyond belief with that draft.

Seriously, that draft gives us 3 starter in 2010 and depth at LBer. The way we talked about Troupe he seems like our number 1 target at NT not named Dan Williams.

ct bills fan
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't think we take Williams at 9 unless everything Nix has spoken about drafting players with a track record is a lie. Williams had one good season. I like the idea of Bulaga at 9 and Colt in the 2nd (or move back into the first if we must to get him). I also think Tebow is a definite possibility in the 2nd/late 1st. Gailey would take Teboy/Colt and build a spread offense around them. It would take time to mesh, but, would be exciting nonetheless.

dannyek71
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
LT in round 1 and Mccoy in rd 2 is something I could live with

SabreEleven
04-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I love Colt McCoy

homo

Nighthawk
04-15-2010, 10:49 AM
For the first time ever, you will hear from me... I would be OK with Tebow or McCoy in the second round. I'm sorry, but I see McCoy in Trent Edwards but Tebow is just that "could work/might work/won't work" QB that if a team is going to try on, who *****ng cares in the next 2 years where we are bottom feeders.

McCoy is a winner...Edwards is not...

baalworship
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
One more thing. This guy told me not to be surprised if we went defense, McCoy in the second and tackle in the third or fourth.

Dan Williams and CJ Spiller are the two guys my source thinks we will take at nine, unless Bulaga falls.

Is your source Nevergiveup on twobillsdrive? He said watch for CJ Spiller and Dan Williams at 9 also.

Michael82
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
McCoy, Clausen, Tebow, whatever. Just get a QB in here we can groom that you actually believe in and go with him.
Exactly! I prefer to get Jimmy Clausen, but if we improved our team in the first with someone else, I wouldn't mind either Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy. McCoy is moving up my list now after I see more highlights from him and read up on him. He's a very good leader and would be a good choice. :up:

Dying_-2-_Live
04-15-2010, 11:50 AM
If Clausen falls into our laps... we better take him... He's a Franchise QB that will become a leader for this team. Im not a draft expert... but I know a good QB when I see one

Bill Cody
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
If Bulaga's gone at 9 I say trade down. If we really want Williams he'll still be waiting for us at 20 based on what I've read. I am sick to death of this team reaching like a queer in a YMCA shower room.

The place to nab Colt McCoy is at the bottom of round 1. Love to see Nix shock the world and trade down a couple times to get there.

McCoy will probably be gone by 41. I know people on this board think arm strength is the holy grail but it isn't everything. McCoy's intangibles are off the charts. I could care less that Pickles has a better arm, this ain't a skills competition it's about winning games and that's what McCoy is all about. I'll say it again- in a few years people will see McCoy is the better player than Clausen.

BillsWin
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Is your source Nevergiveup on twobillsdrive? He said watch for CJ Spiller and Dan Williams at 9 also.

Probably not. He's not the message board type.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
If Bulaga's gone at 9 I say trade down. If we really want Williams he'll still be waiting for us at 20 based on what I've read. I am sick to death of this team reaching like a queer in a YMCA shower room.

The place to nab Colt McCoy is at the bottom of round 1. Love to see Nix shock the world and trade down a couple times to get there.

McCoy will probably be gone by 41. I know people on this board think arm strength is the holy grail but it isn't everything. McCoy's intangibles are off the charts. I could care less that Pickles has a better arm, this ain't a skills competition it's about winning games and that's what McCoy is all about. I'll say it again- in a few years people will see McCoy is the better player than Clausen.

I agree, the main reason I want Colt is cause he's a better version of Jeff Gracia. Gracia succeeded in the cold and so cold Colt. He's not gonna be a hall of famer but will go down as a gamer. I'd love to have him in Buffalo.

Bill Cody
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
If Clausen falls into our laps...

Thanks anyway but I don't want Clausen in my lap....a few of Jills yeah but not Clausen

we are
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
what about someone who can throw in RWS?

this guys a noodle arm.

Nighthawk
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
what about someone who can throw in RWS?

this guys a noodle arm.

Tom Brady doesn't have a cannon for an arm and does just fine in the bad weather.

we are
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Tom Brady doesn't have a cannon for an arm and does just fine in the bad weather.

He clearly has a better arm than Mccoy.

How can people want Mccoy and not want Clausen? Or even Tebow in the 2nd?

Nighthawk
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
He clearly has a better arm than Mccoy.

How can people want Mccoy and not want Clausen? Or even Tebow in the 2nd?

I'm not against Clausen...I'm just stating that accuracy is way more important then arm strength.