PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the DC/VA/MD area going to watch the game tonight?

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
If so, where?

I'm thinking Grevey's or Bugsy's, but I'm afraid both might be overrun with Caps fans (and people pretending to care about the Caps so they have an excuse to get drunk on a Thursday).

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I heard that this game is blacked out in the Washington DC area, so there is no reason for you to go out and try to find the game. You might as well stay home and get caught up on work around the house.

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I heard that this game is blacked out in the Washington DC area, so there is no reason for you to go out and try to find the game. You might as well stay home and get caught up on work around the house.

Blacked out even on center ice? That makes no sense.

Or does this have something to do with my sports curse?

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Blacked out even on center ice? That makes no sense.

Or does this have something to do with my sports curse?

Would I try to deceive you into not seeing the game? Are you accusingme of that. I would never do that!

kelly2reed4six
04-15-2010, 09:00 AM
If so, where?

I'm thinking Grevey's or Bugsy's, but I'm afraid both might be overrun with Caps fans (and people pretending to care about the Caps so they have an excuse to get drunk on a Thursday).

What about Jimmy's out in Herndon. I'm not sure if I'm going to go out there tonight. I might just watch it at home.....I'll probably roll out there Saturday for sure though.

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
What about Jimmy's out in Herndon. I'm not sure if I'm going to go out there tonight. I might just watch it at home.....I'll probably roll out there Saturday for sure though.

I thought about that but I live in Alexandria and work in Dumfries- getting to Herndon at 7 pm on a weeknight isn't easy.

Bugsy's is by far the closest to my house, but it will probably be overrun with Caps fans, which is why I'm considering Grevey's. It's not the Buffalo hangout it used to be, but it should have a much more favorable ratio.

It's not going to be televised locally unless you have Center Ice.

BlackMetalNinja
04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks to completely random occurrences on Facebook, I made a Sabres friend here in the area... He's already hooked me up with free tickets to a Sabres/Canes game and he invited me over to his place to watch the game tonight. Yay Internet!

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks to completely random occurrences on Facebook, I made a Sabres friend here in the area... He's already hooked me up with free tickets to a Sabres/Canes game and he invited me over to his place to watch the game tonight. Yay Internet!

I hope he's a pervert who slips you a rufie and takes advantage of you...

I mean, great find! Enjoy the game!

SkateZilla
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
im watching it in HD with my Projector on a 96'' Screen/Wall :p and 1750w 7.1 Surround Sound.

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I hope he's a pervert who slips you a rufie and takes advantage of you...

I mean, great find! Enjoy the game!

I guess it must be Dora's night out.

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
im watching it in HD with my Projector on a 96'' Screen/Wall :p and 1750w 7.1 Surround Sound.

I don't have a 96" screen or 7.1 Surround, but I do have a 50" screen and a 5.1 surround so I'd love to watch it at home.

But, I don't want to pay $80 for CI for what might only end up being one game (the next 3 games are on NBC or VS, so if the series ends in 4, then I just got screwed).

SkateZilla
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't have a 96" screen or 7.1 Surround, but I do have a 50" screen and a 5.1 surround so I'd love to watch it at home.

But, I don't want to pay $80 for CI for what might only end up being one game (the next 3 games are on NBC or VS, so if the series ends in 4, then I just got screwed).

I dont have center ice now, and havent all season,

what I have is a QuadCorePC up in Buffalo with an HDMI Input hooked to a DVR,

I then Have a Windows Media 11 Server Compressing the Stream to 720p WMV and Streaming it directly to My PC Here in VA, and The PC has a Projector hooekd via DVI-D.

kelly2reed4six
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Do you have DTV, Dish, or Cable?

I have DTV and called into their customer support about half way through the season and asked for a better price on center ice. Firs they said no so I just bluffed and said "Ok, I think I'll go ahead and downgrade to a lower package then." The rep ended up giving it to me for $30 bucks. Not bad. You should try it.

OpIv37
04-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Do you have DTV, Dish, or Cable?

I have DTV and called into their customer support about half way through the season and asked for a better price on center ice. Firs they said no so I just bluffed and said "Ok, I think I'll go ahead and downgrade to a lower package then." The rep ended up giving it to me for $30 bucks. Not bad. You should try it.

I have DTV.

I already threatened to cancel when they cut VS and wouldn't give me a better price on CI, and they called my bluff. If I could get it for $30 I'd do it in a second because I'll probably blow that much on food and booze at the bar anyway.