PDA

View Full Version : My #9 overall pick prediction

Forward_Lateral
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
DT, Dan Williams, Tennessee.

I can't see Buffalo passing this guy up. He's a monster, and will anchor the 3-4 D-line for many years.

So, that's my official prediction.

k-oneputt
04-15-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree with Williams. I think that is who the Bills will take, not necessarily my choice, but will not be disappointed if it is Williams.

I don not want Spiller or Bryant based soley on the positions they play. although I think both will be very good.

I also don't want Bulaga because I feel he is more of a right tackle and #9 is to early for a right tackle.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I've thought this two seeing he is never mentioned in who we will take. We raved about Troupe yesterday but not one peep of Dan. Best case scenario we draft Dan and trade Kyle for a 3rd which I think a team like Indy would do.

ct bills fan
04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I would be shocked if it was Williams

DraftBoy
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Im thinking its Williams, Spiller, or Bryant...

Unless by a miracle one of the three LT's fall.

Mahdi
04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Top 10 is where you draft QBs, LTs, and offensive and defensive playmakers.

Dan Williams is none of those things. He is a plugger and there are many pluggers in this draft that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round.

DraftBoy
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM

Dan Williams is none of those things. He is a plugger and there are many pluggers in this draft that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round.

NT is as important to a 3-4 D and LT is to an offense. I know where you're going but you are seriously downplaying the role the NT plays in the D.

Michael82
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm going to predict that seeing how we didn't sign any notable FAs or trade for 1 at Wide Receiver, our pick will be....

WR Dez Bryant - Oklahoma State

Mahdi
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
NT is as important to a 3-4 D and LT is to an offense. I know where you're going but you are seriously downplaying the role the NT plays in the D.
I agree on the importance. But I don't agree with drafting a NT that high. If you are drafting a DT in the top ten he better be a 2-dimensional force like McCoy and Suh.

Dan Williams (62 tack, 2 sack) is only marginally better than Linval Joseph (59 tack, 3 sack), Torrell Troup (32 tack, 2 sack) and Cam Thomas (23 tack, 2 sack).

Additionally, strength wise, Troup, Joseph and Thomas all showed superior strength to Williams throwing up 34, 39, and 31 reps on the bench respectively.

At the end of the day, I think I have a better chance at finding a similar player to Dan Williams in rounds 2, 3 and 4 than I do finding Spiller, Bryant, Clausen, Graham or Berry.

Tell me, if you could only keep 2 of 3 for these teams who would they be?,

Casey Hampton, Roth, or James Harrison?

How bout Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman (minus injury -- at full strength) and Rivers?

Moss, Brady, or Wilfork?

Gabe Watson, Warner or Fitzgerald?

Kris Jenkins, D'Brick, D. Revis?

Aubrayo Franklin, Vernon Davis, P. Willis?

Jake Long, Jason Ferguson, Ronnie Brown?

DraftBoy
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I agree on the importance. But I don't agree with drafting a NT that high. If you are drafting a DT in the top ten he better be a 2-dimensional force like McCoy and Suh.

Dan Williams (62 tack, 2 sack) is only marginally better than Linval Joseph (59 tack, 3 sack), Torrell Troup (32 tack, 2 sack) and Cam Thomas (23 tack, 2 sack).

Additionally, strength wise, Troup, Joseph and Thomas all showed superior strength to Williams throwing up 34, 39, and 31 reps on the bench respectively.

At the end of the day, I think I have a better chance at finding a similar player to Dan Williams in rounds 2, 3 and 4 than I do finding Spiller, Bryant, Clausen, Graham or Berry.

Tell me, if you could only keep 2 of 3 for these teams who would they be?,

Casey Hampton, Roth, or James Harrison?

How bout Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman (minus injury -- at full strength) and Rivers?

Moss, Brady, or Wilfork?

Gabe Watson, Warner or Fitzgerald?

Kris Jenkins, D'Brick, D. Revis?

Aubrayo Franklin, Vernon Davis, P. Willis?

Jake Long, Jason Ferguson, Ronnie Brown?

You lost your entire argument when you attempted to use stats to compare NT's. Im sorry but you know better than that, as for a comparison effort, its a completely bias and unfair thing to compare players that play on opposite sides of the ball and in different systems.

You can't tell me any other NT prospect has the size, athletic ability, and production (not just stats) that Williams has. That's why he is so highly rated.

Mahdi
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
You lost your entire argument when you attempted to use stats to compare NT's. Im sorry but you know better than that, as for a comparison effort, its a completely bias and unfair thing to compare players that play on opposite sides of the ball and in different systems.

You can't tell me any other NT prospect has the size, athletic ability, and production (not just stats) that Williams has. That's why he is so highly rated.
My point is that this is a deep DT class and the difference in impact Williams will have as compared to the other NTs is marginal.

And yes you can compare players from opposite sides of the ball because finding a player that can get into the endzone frequently is much harder than finding a guy to eat up space. Same with pass rushers and LTs.

Miami, SD and NYJ all lost their starting NTs yet their defenses remained dominant. It's an important position but not one that can't be filled adequately by backups and lower round draft picks. Replacing a big time WR, franchise QB, home-run hitting RB and top pass rushers is much harder to do.

Im talking playmakers on either side of the ball vs NTs and to me taking the best playmaker in the draft and grabbing a NT prospect later makes more sense.

By the way I bet you would have cut the NT 6 of the 7 instances I gave you.

patmoran2006
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I will fall out of my desk chair from shock if we draft Dez Bryant.

Dan WIlliams, definitely possible. But I think the Bills value Kyle Williams more than we do, so I dont see Williams either.

I think its 1 of the top 3 OT (I dont consider Bulaga a lock though if he's there), Clausen or a big time pass rushing LB.

Dr. Lecter
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
The Bills also like McClain from what I have heard.

Michael82
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Don't forget about that DE from Georgia Tech...

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd be happy with Dan Williams, since we passed on Ngata back then and have regretted ever since.

ddaryl
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I could see this happening, as he could very well be BPA at #9

HAMMER
04-15-2010, 01:22 PM
The Bills also like McClain from what I have heard.

I would love to see them go McClain and then Cody if he slips to the second. We would be very stout up the middle of the field which is obviously critical, and they obviously know each others game well.

SirMcGee
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Im sure that's exactly what you said about Haloti Ngata. Good call.

jamze132
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm thinking they go with Spiller or Bryant.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Spiller Bulaga Williams in that order

Mahdi
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Im sure that's exactly what you said about Haloti Ngata. Good call.
Ngata was a defensive playmaker. Should have been the pick.

Are you always angry? Chillax.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-16-2010, 06:46 PM
if the bills pick him he will blow out his knee in training camp and be a shadow of himself in 2 years when he makes it back on the field

so goes the luck of the bills