PDA

View Full Version : Inside Info on Draft Board

DrGraves
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I never ever ever post rumors or anything on this board so I know I'm going to get some slack for this BUT my roommates father works for the Bills and had an opportunity to sneak a peak at the Bills current draft board. He said that Tim Tebow was the #4 ranked QB on the board and that Colt McCoy was not one of those top 4 QB's.

Take what you'd like from that but I really don't have any motivation to make that up.

So when our second round pick comes around there could be a good chance that Tebow would be the our top ranked QB remaining...

Ed
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
If Tebow is #4, I'm assuming Bradford and Clausen are 1 and 2. So who's #3 if it's not McCoy? Skelton?

DraftBoy
Makes sense, but it doesnt mean anything without a big board ranking to reference. Tell him to get his ass back in there snap some photos and send them to us!

DraftBoy
If Tebow is #4, I'm assuming Bradford and Clausen are 1 and 2. So who's #3 if it's not McCoy? Skelton?

Prolly Lefevour

Michael82
The big question is....who would be #3 then? :scratch:

Forward_Lateral
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Levefour, no doubt.

justasportsfan
04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
stay tuned. More rumors coming as we get closer to the draft.

The Spaz
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Doesn't mean they like him over a DT, DE, OT etc. when the time comes around.

Ed
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I never ever ever post rumors or anything on this board so I know I'm going to get some slack for this BUT my roommates father works for the Bills and had an opportunity to sneak a peak at the Bills current draft board. He said that Tim Tebow was the #4 ranked QB on the board and that Colt McCoy was not one of those top 4 QB's.

Take what you'd like from that but I really don't have any motivation to make that up.

So when our second round pick comes around there could be a good chance that Tebow would be the our top ranked QB remaining...
Didn't he see some of the names at the top of the board? All he saw was Tebow was the #4 qb?

DrGraves
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
It sounded to me that it was a situation where he got in somewhere where he wasn't exactly suppose to be. I'm sorry but that is all the info that got passed on. But for everyone worrying about Tebow at #9 you can rest a little easier.

Night Train
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Crompton of Tenn (I'm just stirring the pot)

TedMock
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
LeFevour, Pike, Crompton, Levi Brown. Maybe?

BillsWin
04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm sure as hell not going to call you a liar. But I'm also going to stick by my source and information that Nix really likes McCoy.

Ed
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm sure as hell not going to call you a liar. But I'm also going to stick by my source and information that Nix really likes McCoy.
Maybe Nix really likes McCoy, but Modrak, Gailey, and the other scouts aren't as high on him so they have him 5th?? I'm assuming that when boards are put together it's a collaborative effort.

BillsWin
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Maybe Nix really likes McCoy, but Modrak, Gailey, and the other scouts aren't as high on him so they have him 5th?? I'm assuming that when boards are put together it's a collaborative effort.

I was just having that thought myself Ed.

Remember last year, Modrak didn't have Maybin rated that high (allegedly) and yet we drafted him because Dickie J wanted him.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure they have their big board posted right in the middle of the hallway. Unless your roommate's father is in the FO, a coach, or a scout, I doubt he'd ever "sneak a peak" at the big board.

Mahdi
04-15-2010, 12:56 PM
#3 could be Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead. Personally, I like Zac a lot. Nice release, adequate arm strength and very mobile.

Jeff1220
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure they have their big board posted right in the middle of the hallway. Unless your roommate's father is in the FO, a coach, or a scout, I doubt he'd ever "sneak a peak" at the big board.

It was the infamous janitor, going in to empty the trash cans.

HAMMER
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I call bull****.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Your source sounds better. Colt is extacly what Brees and Rivers were minus the arm strength (not by much).

DrGraves
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM

I don't want to say what he does because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But no he's not the janitor.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not calling you a liar DrG. I just find it hard to believe. Unless of course the guy does indeed have the proper access to the board, in which case I doubt he'll tell anyone about it. He probably had to sign his soul away.

The Jokeman
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM

Well if we believe Pat Moran's reporting skills we were enamored with Jevan Snead weeks ago and can't see how things could change much since then.

mrbojanglezs
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
seems too high for skelton

Ingtar33
04-15-2010, 02:27 PM
it would have to be Snead or Lefavour (if true).. my guess is it would be Lefavour. He really quieted a LOT of my doubts with what he showed in the senior bowl.

ChristopherWalken
04-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I doubt the Bills FO empty their own trash cans, maintain the computer network, or participates in working with facilities.

In other words, there is plenty of opportunity to sneak a quick peak and I buy into DrGraves claim.

Throne Logic
04-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I doubt the Bills FO empty their own trash cans, maintain the computer network, or participates in working with facilities.

In other words, there is plenty of opportunity to sneak a quick peak and I buy into DrGraves claim.

Bingo. I've worked a number of IT jobs. A couple were in major investment corporations. When the bigwigs want a projector setup, they don't do it themselves. I've been the proverbial "fly on the wall" a few times. Tends to be very awkward. I just kept my head down and tried to be invisible while working as quickly a possible. But they didn't put blinders and earplugs on me...

Someone had to setup the War Room for draft day. That would bring at least one IT support guy, probably a couple to get the communications up and well tested.

JCBills
04-15-2010, 05:31 PM

Even if he is, doesn't mean they'll take a QB in the first or second. They could have him as their #4 QB, but if they don't like the idea of spending #41 on a project and their top 3 are gone, they'll probably move to the next need if they don't see the value.

Oaf
04-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Remember last year, Modrak didn't have Maybin rated that high (allegedly) and yet we drafted him because Dickie J wanted him.
I knew we should have fired him after that New England finale.

Commissioner
04-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I would be really disappointed if the Bills were stupid enough to leave their war room unsecure enough so that someone could take a peak at their board....

and if your friends dad does work for the Bills in a position where he's able to sneak a peak at the draft board.... then i'm sorry he's dumb enough to be telling his kid what's on it.

Nighthawk
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM

I don't think it works that way. Nix is the GM and he is the "football man" in the organization...if he likes McCoy, then McCoy is going to be higher on that board.

Commissioner
04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
I remember hearing days before the draft that the Bills loved Maybin... so much that me and my best friend were praying on draft day that they didn't pick him... and then we shut the tv off and went out drinking when they picked him.

Nighthawk
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I remember hearing days before the draft that the Bills loved Maybin... so much that me and my best friend were praying on draft day that they didn't pick him... and then we shut the tv off and went out drinking when they picked him.

Ha, ha...nice.:awm:

k-oneputt
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Snead.

gonzo1105
04-15-2010, 11:10 PM
IF true it wouldn't be Lefevour, people are starting to say he might go in round 5 or 6, I think their 3rd projected QB would have to be Snead. The guy has all the potential in the world, and was talked about as a future top 5 pick after his sophmore season. I think it would have to be him. The only other guy I can see if Zac Robinson

DrGraves
04-16-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm not calling you a liar DrG. I just find it hard to believe. Unless of course the guy does indeed have the proper access to the board, in which case I doubt he'll tell anyone about it. He probably had to sign his soul away.

He's not on the football side of operations it is someone on the side of operations at the stadium itself.

tampabay25690
04-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Prolly Lefevour

DB remember I said a few weeks ago that SKELTON may be the guy the Bills are looking at.....
Especially after your nice interview you gave him this week.....
SKELTON will go sooner then 95% of this board thinks.....

DraftBoy
04-16-2010, 07:00 AM
DB remember I said a few weeks ago that SKELTON may be the guy the Bills are looking at.....
Especially after your nice interview you gave him this week.....
SKELTON will go sooner then 95% of this board thinks.....

Only thing that would surprise me is Round 1 or 2.

That being said I dont think he's worth a third round pick, he has a lot of work to do in developing his game and he's not quite the gunslinger he likes to say he is. He makes a lot more safe throws, part of that was his teammates lack of talent but I just dont see the mentality on tape.

Id take him in the 4th but not before.

tampabay25690
04-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Only thing that would surprise me is Round 1 or 2.

That being said I dont think he's worth a third round pick, he has a lot of work to do in developing his game and he's not quite the gunslinger he likes to say he is. He makes a lot more safe throws, part of that was his teammates lack of talent but I just dont see the mentality on tape.

Id take him in the 4th but not before.

2nd or 3rd is what Im thinking now....