PDA

View Full Version : NFL network just said...

bosshogg21
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
At the 9th pick it's either clausen or spiller. The word out of buffalo is definitely offense with the first pick.

SquishDaFish
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Believe everything you hear from now until the draft :roflmao:

Ebenezer
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
that news tell me the pick will be defense...

pendulum to swing with next news tidbit.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-15-2010, 06:06 PM
pick either player... and im jumping for joy :)

The last buffalo fan
04-15-2010, 06:16 PM
that news tell me the pick will be defense...

pendulum to swing with next news tidbit.

Suh :pray:

Kenny
04-15-2010, 06:17 PM
While Im not 100% sold on Claussen, I wouldnt mind the pick.

But Spiller... I hope not.

Raptor
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
-Mayock has said the Bills are taking an OT, Spiller, or Clausen
-C.Davis has been saying for a while that he thinks the Bills are taking Spiller
-The Lynch trade rumors
-Lynch not being at OTA's
-Gailey saying he wanted a more elusive RB
-Now this latest report saying its between Spiller and Clausen

I'll admit it I thought there was ZERO chance we would take Spiller but I'm deciding how I like my Crow right now. Lets face it people are hearing we like Spiller and he is a legit option for us at 9, there is to much smoke for there not to at least be a little fire there

WeAreArthurMoates
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Good if were going offense Bulaga, Clausen or Spiller is completely fine with me. Spiller upgrades the running game and the receiving core.

BILLSROCK1212
04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
we're buffalo, we dnt let squat get out

JCBills
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
NFL network = the word out of Buffalo now?

The media hasn't really been right on anything this offseason so far concerning Buffalo, Nix has a seal on OBD and I like it. They're trying to fill time, if neither Clausen/Spiller are the pick at 9, nobody on NFL network or ESPN will go back and mention when they were wrong saying it was definitely this guy or that guy, they'll just talk about whatever pick was made and then try to give it a grade based on their opinion (usually formed with a lack of knowledge).

Buffalogic
04-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I'll be sweating bullets if Clausen an Spiller are both there when we select. Please make it spiller. No to Clausen, NO!

New Ro's Greatest
04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
The Bills are going to throw a curveball and draft McClain. I just have a funny feeling. GO BILLS:negrep:

jamze132
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Clausen and Spiller are two extrememly obvious options for Buffalo at #9. Congrats NFL.com for those superior investigatory journalistic skills.

Nix has a history of taking O-line later in the draft AND making it work. He obviously has an eye for that talent so it wouldn't suprise me at all for him to be looking at playmakers on offense at #9. And it wouldn't suprise me at all if they are seriously considering Clausen. I'm not a huge fan of that right now, but Nix has had consistent success in the war room, so I'll put a little faith in him.

SaviorEdwards
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
What a fail taking Spiller...I mean a HB again??? Wow....the Bills deserve to suck!!!!!!! You can find HBs all over the league. What a waste.

Buffalogic
04-16-2010, 12:58 AM
What a fail taking Spiller...I mean a HB again??? Wow....the Bills deserve to suck!!!!!!! You can find HBs all over the league. What a waste.You can't find elite ones though. There's a difference between average rb's and backs that can score from anywhere on the field. Just because its a position that translates from college to the pros better than most, doesn't mean that all backs are created equal.

bosshogg21
04-16-2010, 03:02 AM
What a fail taking Spiller...I mean a HB again??? Wow....the Bills deserve to suck!!!!!!! You can find HBs all over the league. What a waste.

dude, I'm not going to attack you, but you have no idea what your talking about. Please do yourself a favor and go watch spillers highlight reel on YouTube before you make these bold statements. As a matter of fact I'll put it up for you so you can see what an elite talent spiller is. Such a rare combinationof speed and vision.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA&feature=youtube_gdata

SaviorEdwards
04-16-2010, 03:22 AM
dude, I'm not going to attack you, but you have no idea what your talking about. Please do yourself a favor and go watch spillers highlight reel on YouTube before you make these bold statements. As a matter of fact I'll put it up for you so you can see what an elite talent spiller is. Such a rare combinationof speed and vision.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA&feature=youtube_gdata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA&feature=youtube_gdata)
Look I think he was deserving of the Heisman but he could very well be the next Reggie Bush in the NFL. Top 10 pick is a bad move. Are we ever going to get a LT or does that position just not matter anymore?

Bulldog
04-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Spiller = Chris Johnson. I'd take him at 9 all day, every day. Looking at their profiles coming out of college, they're so much alike it's scary.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Look I think he was deserving of the Heisman but he could very well be the next Reggie Bush in the NFL. Top 10 pick is a bad move. Are we ever going to get a LT or does that position just not matter anymore?

I thought this to until I early started watching his games. While both are east to west type of guys, Spiller attacks the edge and turns north quickly. Meanwhile, Bush tries to out juke guys and audition for dancing with the stars.

jamcrew
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Spiller's ability to outrun the angle is very impressive!

ddaryl
04-16-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't think the Bills have any interest in Calusen at all.

And I think they will trade away #9 before they will take Spiller.

mightysimi
04-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Could be trying to get someone who really wants spiller to trade up to 9.

chernobylwraiths
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
I think offense too. Offensive left tackles are on the offense.

Kenny
04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Could be trying to get someone who really wants spiller to trade up to 9.

makes sense if the top3 LT's are gone and they truly dont like Claussen.

justasportsfan
04-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I think Spiller is more of a BPA than Claussen at 9

Throne Logic
04-16-2010, 11:15 AM
If Lynch is traded and the resulting pick yields a solid OT or NT, I'd be OK with Spiller. That would be a needs shuffle that results in a two position upgrade scenario.

EDS
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Clausen and Spiller are two extrememly obvious options for Buffalo at #9. Congrats NFL.com for those superior investigatory journalistic skills.

Nix has a history of taking O-line later in the draft AND making it work. He obviously has an eye for that talent so it wouldn't suprise me at all for him to be looking at playmakers on offense at #9. And it wouldn't suprise me at all if they are seriously considering Clausen. I'm not a huge fan of that right now, but Nix has had consistent success in the war room, so I'll put a little faith in him.

When has Nix called the shots on draft day prior to this year?

Novacane
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
At the 9th pick it's either clausen or spiller. The word out of buffalo is definitely offense with the first pick.

That's a guarantee we won't be taking Clausen or Spiller.

Ed
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes. The Bills have 9 draft picks. They will draft a LT this year.

Ed
04-16-2010, 12:42 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA&feature=youtube_gdata
I like how many deep passes he caught in that video. He could be a real weapon if he can be a good receiver too.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I like how many deep passes he caught in that video. He could be a real weapon if he can be a good receiver too.

Thats why I like him, he upgrades two positions for us. He could be dangerous as a slot receiver but his ability to go deep is appealing too.

Ed
04-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Thats why I like him, he upgrades two positions for us. He could be dangerous as a slot receiver but his ability to go deep is appealing too.
Plus he was awesome at returning punts and kicks. Not that we would need him to do that, but it's definitely an added bonus.

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2010, 04:30 PM
i won't beleive a damn thing until thursday night when i hear the bills draft pick announced

ServoBillieves
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Sources tell me that the Bills will pick either Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Bryan Baluga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, C.J. Spiller, Bruce Campbell, Anthony Davis, Dan Williams, Eric Berry, or Ndamkung Suh.

My sources are pretty solid usually.

jamze132
04-17-2010, 12:44 AM
When has Nix called the shots on draft day prior to this year?
I should have re-worded my initial statement. Nix has been deeply involved with AJ Smith in SD helping to build a powerhouse out west.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Sources tell me that the Bills will pick either Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Bryan Baluga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, C.J. Spiller, Bruce Campbell, Anthony Davis, Dan Williams, Eric Berry, or Ndamkung Suh.

My sources are pretty solid usually.

Dez Bryant it is :crazy:

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I think Spiller is more of a BPA than Claussen at 9What's to think about? Spiller is a much better prospect.

The Natrix
04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't see how any fan of any team would be upset with getting Spiller. Except Minny and Tenn fans maybe. From what I've seen, he has a chance to be the best back in the league.

Kenny
04-19-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't see how any fan of any team would be upset with getting Spiller. Except Minny and Tenn fans maybe. From what I've seen, he has a chance to be the best back in the league.

I dont know... they said the same thing about Bush.

That being said, I wouldnt be too upset, -but definately a bit disappointed. We have more pressing needs. OT, QB, DT, and LB

I'd rather go with Berry if we were going BPA.