PDA

View Full Version : WTF, playoff officiating

trapezeus
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Chara was issued a double-minor penalty for boarding and roughing, but inexplicably left the penalty box after serving only 2 minutes. Officials didn’t notice until there was a minute left, when Chara was sent back to the box.

anyone got any comments for this nonsense

G Wolly
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I saw it. I was confused. I moved on.

Buffalogic
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Good thing he didn't score in that time or else **** would have hit the fan

mikemac2001
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Good thing he didn't score in that time or else **** would have hit the fan

i bet the goal would have been overturned it would have had to....

Buffalogic
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
i bet the goal would have been overturned it would have had to....With Buffalo sports luck they'd find a way to count it. lol

Ingtar33
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM

the announcer i was watching quoted the NHL rules on that... and apparently... since the box official let him out prematurely, if he had scored, since it was an officials mistake, the goal would have counted.

had Chara left on his own, the goal would have been disallowed.

Electrici
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
No lie, and I am actually pretty positive the gentleman officiating the penalty box was my Varsity Soccer coach from High School. Letting Chara of all people out of the box early is not going to make many friends around the Buffalo area!

mchurchfie
04-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Chara should have been booted out of the game for that crosscheck anyways. It was malicious with obvious intent to hurt. How many times does this ****ing oversized goon get to crosscheck people with no recourse before he ends up hurting somebody seriously??

SabreEleven
04-16-2010, 06:51 AM
This is playoff hockey, you have to take a limb off now to get a penalty

chernobylwraiths
04-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Chara should have been booted out of the game for that crosscheck anyways. It was malicious with obvious intent to hurt. How many times does this ****ing oversized goon get to crosscheck people with no recourse before he ends up hurting somebody seriously??

I actually thought it was kind of weak for him. The officials sucked last night, but they probably missed more calls against Buffalo late, especially a trip by Kaleta. I have no idea what game they were watching. I was very pissed when that one Boston guy speared Miller into the net and the worst he got was a stern talking to.

chernobylwraiths
04-16-2010, 07:44 AM
This is playoff hockey, you have to take a limp off now to get a penalty

Hell, the boarding Kaleta took when his helmet was off where he got the big cut was worse than the Chara push, and that resulted in no penalty.

SkateZilla
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM

nah, rules are overwritten when playing buffalo, ask B. Hull.

as for Chara.. how can you miss him he's the tallest guy in the league

SABURZFAN
04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
i was at the bar watching the game. i saw the Big Goof out there and was beside myself. i was yelling, "how the hell is he on the ice after the shot he gave Keleta?" people looked at me with the "Yeah?!?!" look. the bar went nuts when they put him back in the Sin Bin.

SABURZFAN
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM

i wish somebody would take out that Big Goof's legs. i hate that jerkoff.

RockStar36
04-16-2010, 12:00 PM
i was at the bar watching the game. i saw the Big Goof out there and was beside myself. i was yelling, "how the hell is he on the ice after the shot he gave Keleta?" people looked at me with the "Yeah?!?!" look. the bar went nuts when they put him back in the Sin Bin.

I actually got into an argument because I said he got 4 mins, so when he came out so early people were in my face saying that I was wrong.

Funny how that works.

rbochan
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
That's nothing.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/20axaZQuJzs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/20axaZQuJzs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And, of course... no penalty called!

G Wolly
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Hell, the boarding Kaleta took when his helmet was off where he got the big cut was worse than the Chara push, and that resulted in no penalty.

Because it wasn't boarding.

Ingtar33
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
well Henrik Sedin is a superstar, playing for a Canadian team in a Canadian city during the playoffs. of course no penalty was called.

Crisis
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
bruins fans are hilarious, all the whining about the refs is great.

feed me your tears.