PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Original: Top Holes for the Bills to Close

shelby
04-16-2010, 06:09 AM
An original by our own mysticsoto. Enjoy!

As anticipation begins to build for what teams will draft which players, and how changes in Free Agency play in, the Buffalo Bills have started their journey of moving to a 3-4 defense by signing linebacker Andra Davis and defensive end Dwan Edwards, both with extensive experience in the position. As such, they fill key open spots that now allow them to focus on the remaining openings they have. Though there are clearly many holes and much depth needed, there are three main positions I see as needs. Assuming nothing happens between now and free agency, these positions will have to be filled within the 2010 draft.

First, a look at what the Bills do have...

With all due respect to defensive end Aaron Schobel's abilities, I don't think Schobel is a good fit for a 3-4, and hope he retires. In pass coverage, Schobel was often a liability. As a run stopper, he seemed to improve, but in a 3-4 system, his liabilties would likely be magnified. I could see the Bills choosing to draft an outside linebacker in round 1 to solidify the linebacking corps that now consists of Paul Pozlusny, Andra Davis, and possibly Nic Harris. Teams like the Patriots lived and died by their linebacking corps, and the success of a 3-4 system may ultimately be tied to who the Bills have. Maybin and Ellis are question marks right now,and I don't believe Keith Ellison or Chris Kelsay are good fits for this system. Though they've kept them on the roster, I sincerely hope they are not the best available to start come opening day.

read more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/04/11/top_holes_for_the_bills_to_close.php)

WeAreArthurMoates
04-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Trent Williams will not be there at 9 and Norwood will slide into the 3rd due to his stature.

Griz78
04-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Trent Williams will go 6 to Seattle, their beat reporter was on NFL Network and says they love him but who knows, he could be blowing smoke.

Cam Thomas and Eric Norwood should be flip flopped.
Some think Schobel may be alright in a 3-4, but if he only plans to play one more year then it would be better if he retires.

Lone Stranger
04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
I would be very happy with your selections. Somehow I just don't think it's going to happen. The Bills' have a habit of screwing up along the way.