PDA

View Full Version : Why Kiper is sold on Clausen

The Spaz
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM
While just about every so called draft expert changes and alters their opinion on players and where they have them coming off the board in the draft, there’s one prospect that ESPN’s Mel Kiper hasn’t wavered on. Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen.

“You’ve got to commit to something and I’ve just been a Jimmy Clausen supporter because of nothing else than how he performed. Everybody tries to pick apart why you like a particular player over another. It had nothing to do with anything for me than how he performed and how he played.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/16/why-kiper-is-sold-on-clausen/

User Manuel
04-16-2010, 02:41 PM
While just about every so called draft expert changes and alters their opinion on players and where they have them coming off the board in the draft, there’s one prospect that ESPN’s Mel Kiper hasn’t wavered on. Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen.

“You’ve got to commit to something and I’ve just been a Jimmy Clausen supporter because of nothing else than how he performed. Everybody tries to pick apart why you like a particular player over another. It had nothing to do with anything for me than how he performed and how he played.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/16/why-kiper-is-sold-on-clausen/

Well said by Kiper!

I am as big an ND fan as they come, but Clausen was NOT the problem there at all, in fact, he was about the only thing you could count on...

I don't know if he makes a great NFL QB, but I suspect he will be at least solid.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
I think hes right in the fact that pure production can often be overlooked...look at Deangelo Williams and Dwight Freeney - they set records in college football yet people pegged them as too small or discounted their production bc they werent from national powers...measurements and that sort of thing may matter to some degree but often times when a player dominates at the college level, he is going to do pretty well in the pros. Was Jimmy Clausen dominant? No, but he was very very good (in a pro-style offense too), so I expect him to be pretty darn good in the pros as well.

plundar
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I think hes right in the fact that pure production can often be overlooked...look at Deangelo Williams and Dwight Freeney - they set records in college football yet people pegged them as too small or discounted their production bc they werent from national powers...measurements and that sort of thing may matter to some degree but often times when a player dominates at the college level, he is going to do pretty well in the pros. Was Jimmy Clausen dominant? No, but he was very very good (in a pro-style offense too), so I expect him to be pretty darn good in the pros as well.

Tebow was a Great college QB yet everyone has written him off. I don't know if your a Tebow supporter but his production has to stand for something. There are a lot of people on this board ready to write him off.

B-DON
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM

Chang, Brennan, any Texas Tech qb, Leaf, quinn, and the list goes on. Dominating college ball doesnt mean jack in the nfl

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
someone needs to buzz kiper's hair off while he's sleeping

jamze132
04-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Kiper may be sold on Clausen, but I'm not.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-17-2010, 02:22 AM
I care more what Draftboy thinks than Mel i really cant stand that guy.Him an Todd both can stfu already.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Bust.

ddaryl
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
He will have periods where he would struggle in Buffalo

His hands are just too small IMO

take a look

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae92/SaviorTebow/clausenhands.jpg