X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • purple_pride
    • Sep 2006

Question about a Bills Jersey

Hi, I'm new here, Been a longtime Vikings fan, and I've recently come across a Jersey I'm interested in buying, but I'd be interested if I could get some input from others.

There's a white Thurman Thomas jersey, size 46, which the guy claims was game used in 1993. Now, there's no certificate of authenticity or anything to go with it, but it does look like it would be a game-cut jersey.

My question, is does anybody know about the jerseys the Bills used back in 1993? Particularly, I noticed the numbers here are screenprinted. I know some teams used screenprint numbers, were the Bills one of them?

Any distinguishable markings or anything that somebody could point out indicating its authentic would be great

Here's some pictures of it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, if this doesn't belong in this forum, please move it to an appropriate one. Thanks
    Last edited by purple_pride; 04-16-2010, 04:25 PM.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Question about a Bills Jersey

Not game used.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• purple_pride
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by King Bedard
      Not game used.

any particular reason you're so sure of that?

I agree, it does look in mighty good condition for a game used. Maybe game issued?

I'm still curious as to whether it is actually authentic, or just some replica jersey.
      Last edited by purple_pride; 04-16-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Because I am a Pessimist.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• purple_pride
          • Sep 2006

Gotcha

any other opinions?

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Size 46 seems awfully small for pads as well.
            It was all

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

That says a size 46 not 48.

Comment

• purple_pride
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by King Bedard
                Size 46 seems awfully small for pads as well.
                I don't know about that. Keep in mind, playing in a game, they'll want the jersey tight so that it isn't easy to grab the jersey and drag the guy down. I've checked out some game-worn jerseys I know are legit, and alot of the smaller guys like DB's RB's WR's, wear 44, 46 or 48 usually.

Even OL only usually wear about a 50.

Some things I know to look for, are spandex sides, but not sleeves, as usually back then they didn't cuff the sleeves like they do now. a knit collar rather than the smooth spandexy kind they usually use now, The sleeves will be shorter than a regular retail version, and they'll be a bit long so they can be tucked in.

Other than that, I'm just curious if anybody knows any specifics about the jerseys worn back in 93.

Comment

• purple_pride
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  That says a size 46 not 48.
                  mistyped, I meant 46

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

id say no

Still looks better then our current aways

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• bosshog_uk
                      • Sep 2003

A game used jersey would have cuffed sleeves, not open sleeves like that. Its 100% not game used or issued, its more than likely some kind of team stock jersey, but not issued to/for Thurman.

Comment

• purple_pride
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bosshog_uk
                        A game used jersey would have cuffed sleeves, not open sleeves like that. Its 100% not game used or issued, its more than likely some kind of team stock jersey, but not issued to/for Thurman.
                        even in 93? I know some older jerseys didn't have the cuffed sleeves, not sure if these would be one of those or not.

Thanks for the input though, any more is also appreciated, I'd love to hear from a bunch of people.

At the very least its an autographed Thomas jersey (Maybe)

its hard to say, every autographed item I've looked at seems to have a different autograph, as if he changed it up all the time.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

The signature is a lot neater than the Thurman Thomas one I have (Thurman Thomas actually signed mine in person).

Not saying it is fake, but that is a clean and even signature. The one Thurman signed for me signs the "T's" in that same fashion but with bigger, uneven loops.

With no COA or photographic evidence I would pass on the jersey man. Just my opinion.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

It could be real. That looks like Thurman's signature. From doing a quick Google image search, I saw that Thomas wore both cuffed and uncuffed sleeves. Plus, he might have worn that jersey in a game on artificial turf, eliminating the possibility of grass/dirt stains.

I wouldn't drop a ton of cash on something without a certificate, though.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                              • Sep 2009

Try and ask Thurman himself on Twitter. Thurm loves to tweet

Comment

Working...
                              X