PDA

View Full Version : PREDICTION : Jimmy Clausen with be a star QB in the NFL

Dying_-2-_Live
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/16/gruden-jaws-both-big-on-clausen/

Clausen falling into the Bills laps would be the best thing that could possibly happen. A lot of early mock drafts had Clausen going number 1...

My honest opinion

T-Long
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
They've been echoing what I've been saying all along. If he is there and the top 3 tackles are gone, it's a no brainer IMO

dplus47
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
He'd be capable of starting for Buffalo right away, but they ought to either shore up the tackle position or let him sit and watch while others get slammed to the turf.

YardRat
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think so, but we'll all find out eventually. I still don't believe there is a QB in this draft worth a first-rounder, including Bradford.

Mr. Pink
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Bust.

Bill Cody
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM
A lot of early mock drafts had Clausen going number 1...

who cares? We all know he has talent. I am not sold but if we take him I'll hope for the best. I did that with the last dick we drafted until he proved all my fears to be right.

HAMMER
04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't think so, but we'll all find out eventually. I still don't believe there is a QB in this draft worth a first-rounder, including Bradford.

You are out of your mind, Bradford has what it takes and is clearly a 1st round QB and top 5 pick at worst.

BillsWin
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Well, we shall find out soon enough. I stand by the statement I made a few weeks ago. Clausen has a better chance at being a successful NFL QB in Buffalo than in Oakland or Cleveland. Although we don't have a good track record with QBs as of late I think Gailey is the perfect type of coach to help transition a rookie signal caller to the NFL. He won't give him too much of a mental work load and he will conform the offensive scheme around that player's strengths or weaknesses.

Still, I don't want a rookie QB we expect to start this season if we don't get him protection.

Saffold in the second makes Clausen at nine acceptable. At least in my eyes...

tampabay25690
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I agree I think he will be a star..............

BuffaloBlitz83
04-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree I think he will be a star..............

You also think Tebow will dominate like Jesus !

jamze132
04-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Tebow is Jesus! Watch your mouth!

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Bust.

ddaryl
04-17-2010, 07:40 AM
I don't think he'll be a stud either... I think he will be effective in certain situations and a bust in others.

I think Buffalo is not the right fit for him, and my reasons are mostly tied to his tiny hands. That is a kiss of death in Buffalo IMO.... and as much as I'm sure some will laugh at that...I stand by it. He'll struggle in the freezing temps here, and although he saw some cold games in ND, he hasn't played in many teen temps or single digit temps that he would see here. heck not even sure how many high wind games he has played in, but it would be interesting to know how he did in those types of games....

To the best of my interent skills I found a comment reference that says Clausen only played in one "buffalo" type of weather game against Syracuse in 2008, and he looked awful in that game...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/small-hands-make-clausen-cold-weather-liability.html

"Because of his lack of elite arm strength and ideal hand size, I don't see him being a good fit for any bad-weather team," writes Wes Bunting, the Post's director of college scouting. "He needs to be in an offense ... that will allow hm to maximize his strengths (anticipation and accuracy) and not force him to simply chuck the ball down the field in conditions he's not ideally tailored for."

But this is all opinion, so we wait and see and revisit this discussion is a few years....

X-Era
04-17-2010, 07:48 AM
At 9, he makes sense to me.

Bulaga, Williams, Spiller, or Clausen.

Any are logical and could happen.

Historian
04-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I can only think of one Irish QB who was a "star" in the NFL, and even he was taken in the 3rd round, because nobody even knew who he was.

I would say odds are against it.

Night Train
04-18-2010, 07:02 AM
I can only think of one Irish QB who was a "star" in the NFL, and even he was taken in the 3rd round, because nobody even knew who he was.

I would say odds are against it.

Don't forget Lamonica & Theismann. They both had several good years.

Still,that's like 3 out of 35-40. Yuck.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
I am sold, I want Clausen bad, this guy is actually using bold type to say PREDICTION. He is definitely going to be a star now.