• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Prepare for fireworks on draft day

I really think one of these will happen:

1) We don't draft a player for either line until round 3
    2) We draft Spiller
    3) We draft Clausen
    4) We trade up into round 1 and forfeit or 2nd rounder for Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.
    5) We draft Tebow at 9
    6) We draft Spiller at 9 AND trade up into late 1 for McCoy or Tebow
    7) We trade down, and with our only 1st round pick take McCoy or Tebow

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Prepare for fireworks on draft day

Agreed. I truly believe that the pick will now be Spiller if he is there and Okung, Bulaga, and T. Williams are gone.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era

2) We draft Spiller
      3) We draft Clausen
      4) We trade up into round 1 and forfeit or 2nd rounder for Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.
      5) We draft Tebow at 9
      I see both #1 and #6 happening. All the people want OL help, but we have some young OTs on the roster with lots of potential and this is a deep OT class. I could see us drafting the OL in rounds 4 or later.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

2 QB's?
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
          I see both #1 and #6 happening. All the people want OL help, but we have some young OTs on the roster with lots of potential and this is a deep OT class. I could see us drafting the OL in rounds 4 or later.
          I really do too.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Pretty sure I'd be upset with every scenario on there.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
              Pretty sure I'd be upset with every scenario on there.
              I can understand that, you wont be alone.

I, however, would not be upset.

I think there is quality prospects on both lines in rounds 2 and beyond.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I really don't think much of that would happen.

Tebow at #9 no chance

Spiller at #9 no... We'll trade down before we take Spiller at #9

Clausen, I think Nix knows Clausen will not succeed here.

We won't trade back into the 1st we will only trade down IMO.

I think we might swap picks with someone in front of us but we will use players not picks to do so
                Last edited by ddaryl; 04-17-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

I can understand that, you wont be alone.

I, however, would not be upset.

I think there is quality prospects on both lines in rounds 2 and beyond.
                  Well, I think RB at #9 is a luxury pick, and with this QB class, I don't think QB is the way to go at #9 either. ESPECIALLY not a 2nd round project QB like Tebow at 9, I'd be so demoralized I don't know if I would watch the rest and I've been counting days for two months, so that says something lol. Just not sold on McCoy either. IMO we'll go defense early. A lot of people might be pissed at the time (like when we drafted Byrd - almost everyone was like WTF A CB?)

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    I really don't think much of that would happen.

Tebow at #9 no chance

Spiller at #9 no... We'll trade down before we take Spiller at #9

Clausen, I think Nix knows Clausen will not succeed here.

We won't trade back into the 1st we will only trade down IMO.

I think we might swap picks with someone in front of us but we will use players not picks to do so
                    Would you be surprised if one of those scenarios played out?

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
                      Well, I think RB at #9 is a luxury pick, and with this QB class, I don't think QB is the way to go at #9 either. ESPECIALLY not a 2nd round project QB like Tebow at 9, I'd be so demoralized I don't know if I would watch the rest and I've been counting days for two months, so that says something lol. Just not sold on McCoy either. IMO we'll go defense early. A lot of people might be pissed at the time (like when we drafted Byrd - almost everyone was like WTF A CB?)
                      Outside of CB, the Bills cant make a luxury pick... we are top notch at anything else.

We could easily do exactly what you described. I can see that. However, just don't be surprised if we don't and if we do one of the things I listed.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 04-17-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

If we take spiller at 9 then nothing has changed at OBD we have 2 starters on the roster right now if we trade Lynch i am all for it but if we dont it is a stupid pick
                        We need trench help and we need a QB... leave the rest for later rds
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

2) We draft Spiller
                          3) We draft Clausen
                          5) We draft Tebow at 9
                          The only one that would really piss me off is #5 drafting Tebow at #9

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

2) We draft Spiller
                            3) We draft Clausen
                            5) We draft Tebow at 9
                            Honestly, I could see us drafting Spiller. But I don't see us trading back into the first to get McCoy or Tebow.

IMO, too much emphasis has been placed on the idea that McCoy is the next Drew Brees. I personally don't see it, and I don't think McCoy will be good enough to warrant trading up into the 1st round.

However, I could see #'s 1 and 2 happening, but not the others.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Outside of CB, the Bills cant make a luxury pick... we are top notch at anything else.

We could easily do exactly what you described. I can see that. However, just don't be surprised if we don't and if we do one of the things I listed.
                              Well I think any pick in the secondary would be a luxury pick (Scott and Wilson are vastly underrated at SS) and in the first year of a 3-4 switch, I'd hope the focus is on the front 7. They got us half way there with the Dwan Edwards / Andra Davis additions, should give us a decent 2/3 on the strong side, but there's that gaping hole at LOLB. Unless we plan on running a one gap 3-4, NT is still a massive need, and we still only have one player with actual experience playing 3-4 DE. Stroud has declined, Spencer Johnson is serviceable, and Williams is undersized. Even if you were to put that aside, we still need another DE for a decent rotation. I also don't like the idea of OT at 9, but think they might look tackle on the 2nd day. But on D for needs, that puts us at NT (starter or #2), DE (starter or #2), ILB (depth) OLB (starter and depth). Yeah, we have an offensive minded HC, but Nix and Whaley come from exceptional defensive units.

If Marshawn is dealt, then no, it isn't technically a luxury pick, but I'd still say it's one we can't afford to make, I hope we learned our lesson about 1st round RBs, because our last two haven't worked out all that great lol. Quality RBs can be found in the 2nd or later, last year's draft was a great example of that, with LeSean McCoy and Shonn Greene going in the 2nd and 3rd. I think this year's mid rounds will be stacked with talent. Just look at 2009's 4th and 5th, a lot of the players taken there had much earlier grades, and now factor in just how deep this class is in most areas. If we have to grab a RB, wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X