• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Notes from game 2

They generated a lot of quality scoring chances.

They didn't capitalize on enough of those chances.

Roy's been by far our best player.

That was a cheap shot on Vanek, definitely suspension worthy.

Miller was not his usual self.

Boston was very fortunate on both Chara goals, got good bounces.

Hurts to lose a game they should have won.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Notes from game 2

they only played one period, they didn't deserve to win.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

You forgot to mention that Ruff got outcoached...it was an all around bad performance by this entire team...including the coaching staff.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Crisis
        they only played one period, they didn't deserve to win.
        The Bruins never had the lead til the end. It's not like the bruins outplayed them the whole game. Boston got a lot of lucky bounces.

The first Chara goal, that should have never happened. Super lucky. They almost blew the 4 on 2 but the puck managed to find the guys stick after the first pass was broken up. And the crap shot from the point that hit pominville..Those goals were very fortunate for the bruins I don't care what anyone says.

They can't live off those cheap goals all series.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

The Bruins did catch some nice breaks in scoring a couple of goals that Miller basically had no chance at... but those were a direct result of the Sabres easing off and letting Boston control the play in their zone.

We came out great in the first and then completely took our foot off the pedal, we managed to get ahead at the end of the 2nd, but still didn't show much urgency in the 3rd until it was too late.

As for Vanek's injury... I don't know how in the hell that was called a hook on Boychuck when it was clear as day he took a huge slash right at Vanek's knee. I'm not sure if the NBC crew was just that stupid or trying not to call anybody out by saying that Vanek hurt himself falling into the boards, because it was pretty clear what caused the problem. Not a damn thing will come of it, but that was a cheap shot.

Also, I'd like to see a Chara sized hole put in the endboards in Game 3. That goon is causing way too many problems for us and somebody needs to get in his giant face.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            The Bruins did catch some nice breaks in scoring a couple of goals that Miller basically had no chance at... but those were a direct result of the Sabres easing off and letting Boston control the play in their zone.

We came out great in the first and then completely took our foot off the pedal, we managed to get ahead at the end of the 2nd, but still didn't show much urgency in the 3rd until it was too late.

As for Vanek's injury... I don't know how in the hell that was called a hook on Boychuck when it was clear as day he took a huge slash right at Vanek's knee. I'm not sure if the NBC crew was just that stupid or trying not to call anybody out by saying that Vanek hurt himself falling into the boards, because it was pretty clear what caused the problem. Not a damn thing will come of it, but that was a cheap shot.

Also, I'd like to see a Chara sized hole put in the endboards in Game 3. That goon is causing way too many problems for us and somebody needs to get in his giant face.
            Maybe we should send Myers out there to give Chara someone his size. Have Myers slam him into the boards head first. I can't stand Chara. He's such a piece of ****!

Comment

• Electrici
              • May 2003

I thought it was a hell of a game, with big hits, scoring chances, and goals. No one really expected a sweep, did they? To Boston we go, hopefully Vanek's knee wasn't blown apart.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                The Bruins never had the lead til the end. It's not like the bruins outplayed them the whole game. Boston got a lot of lucky bounces.

The first Chara goal, that should have never happened. Super lucky. They almost blew the 4 on 2 but the puck managed to find the guys stick after the first pass was broken up. And the crap shot from the point that hit pominville..Those goals were very fortunate for the bruins I don't care what anyone says.

They can't live off those cheap goals all series.
                What game did you watch or did you watch?
                The Sabres played maybe 15 good minutes in the game....
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one who saw it. I got BEASTMODE tell me on my facebook that it was hooking and the injury only happened when they crashed into the boards. WTF! Check this out....

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                  You are the only one that thinks so for sure. Even the commentators who usually arent the brightest didnt say anything about any cheapshot.
                  Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                  Dude he hooked him (which was NOT intent to injure) and both went down slamming into boards where at that point is where he got the injury. Stop making **** up because you hate the Bruins or because your precious Vanek got hurt.
                  What game was he watching? Even Ruff said that it was slashing and the player used two hands!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    What game did you watch or did you watch?
                    The Sabres played maybe 15 good minutes in the game....
                    If you want to cry and act like that I guess you can. We can pretend that the bruins dominated the game like all of you choose to believe, even though they didn't. Yeah, the sabres relaxed after the first but give it a rest. If one of those garbage chara goals don't go in you'd be singing a different tune.

What game did you people watch? Look at the numbers if you are too busy sobbing to understand.
                    Last edited by Buffalogic; 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one who saw it. I got BEASTMODE tell me on my facebook that it was hooking and the injury only happened when they crashed into the boards. WTF! Check this out....

What game was he watching? Even Ruff said that it was slashing and the player used two hands!
                      Umm it was obvious Vanek got Paul Bunyan tree chopped along the right knee. Suspend that fool who did it!

Comment

• PUCKER
                        • Sep 2004

After the 1st period,they played like crap the rest of the way and deserved to lose. Weve blown leads,made giveaways,and played scared before during the past couple years every other game in the regular season and at times it has come back to haunt us...like tonight. IF we are going to make serious run at the Cup this year,this cannot happen every other game! They need to understand that the regular season is over and means zilch now to anybody! This is the playoffs so suck it up,play with heart,play hard!
                        Zapper's Hit List:
                        SABURZFAN -
                        SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                        Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                        http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                          If you want to cry and act like that I guess you can. We can pretend that the bruins dominated the game like all of you choose to believe, even though they didn't. Yeah, the sabres relaxed after the first but give it a rest. If one of those garbage chara goals don't go in you'd be singing a different tune.

What game did you people watch? Look at the numbers if you are too busy sobbing to understand.
                          Who is crying??
                          Just stating that you were watching another game.
                          Sabres lost this game when VANEK got hurt.
                          THE BRUINS outplayed the SABRES...
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• PUCKER
                            • Sep 2004

On 2 other notes...the Vanek injury WAS a cheap shot and we NEED to take out Chara,hopefully Myers can bring him down to size!
                            Zapper's Hit List:
                            SABURZFAN -
                            SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                            Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                            http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I thought the whole team was deflated once Vanek got hurt. The Sabres were dominating up until that point. The Bruins outplayed the Sabres most of the time after that point. When the Sabres scored their third goal they got the momentum back until Ennis boneheaded pass attempt.

I agree it was a very dirty hard slash at his knee that cause Vanek to lose balance and go crashing into the boards. That was intent to injure IMO and the scumbag should get suspended but we know he won't. Even if he is suspended the Sabres lost their best offensive player. That play could change the series.

Comment

Working...
                              X