PDA

View Full Version : Notes from game 2

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
They generated a lot of quality scoring chances.

They didn't capitalize on enough of those chances.

Roy's been by far our best player.

That was a cheap shot on Vanek, definitely suspension worthy.

Miller was not his usual self.

Boston was very fortunate on both Chara goals, got good bounces.

Hurts to lose a game they should have won.

Crisis
04-17-2010, 02:58 PM
they only played one period, they didn't deserve to win.

Nighthawk
04-17-2010, 03:01 PM
You forgot to mention that Ruff got outcoached...it was an all around bad performance by this entire team...including the coaching staff.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
they only played one period, they didn't deserve to win.The Bruins never had the lead til the end. It's not like the bruins outplayed them the whole game. Boston got a lot of lucky bounces.

The first Chara goal, that should have never happened. Super lucky. They almost blew the 4 on 2 but the puck managed to find the guys stick after the first pass was broken up. And the crap shot from the point that hit pominville..Those goals were very fortunate for the bruins I don't care what anyone says.

They can't live off those cheap goals all series.

BlackMetalNinja
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
The Bruins did catch some nice breaks in scoring a couple of goals that Miller basically had no chance at... but those were a direct result of the Sabres easing off and letting Boston control the play in their zone.

We came out great in the first and then completely took our foot off the pedal, we managed to get ahead at the end of the 2nd, but still didn't show much urgency in the 3rd until it was too late.

As for Vanek's injury... I don't know how in the hell that was called a hook on Boychuck when it was clear as day he took a huge slash right at Vanek's knee. I'm not sure if the NBC crew was just that stupid or trying not to call anybody out by saying that Vanek hurt himself falling into the boards, because it was pretty clear what caused the problem. Not a damn thing will come of it, but that was a cheap shot.

Also, I'd like to see a Chara sized hole put in the endboards in Game 3. That goon is causing way too many problems for us and somebody needs to get in his giant face.

Michael82
04-17-2010, 03:20 PM
The Bruins did catch some nice breaks in scoring a couple of goals that Miller basically had no chance at... but those were a direct result of the Sabres easing off and letting Boston control the play in their zone.

We came out great in the first and then completely took our foot off the pedal, we managed to get ahead at the end of the 2nd, but still didn't show much urgency in the 3rd until it was too late.

As for Vanek's injury... I don't know how in the hell that was called a hook on Boychuck when it was clear as day he took a huge slash right at Vanek's knee. I'm not sure if the NBC crew was just that stupid or trying not to call anybody out by saying that Vanek hurt himself falling into the boards, because it was pretty clear what caused the problem. Not a damn thing will come of it, but that was a cheap shot.

Also, I'd like to see a Chara sized hole put in the endboards in Game 3. That goon is causing way too many problems for us and somebody needs to get in his giant face.
Maybe we should send Myers out there to give Chara someone his size. Have Myers slam him into the boards head first. I can't stand Chara. He's such a piece of ****!

Electrici
04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought it was a hell of a game, with big hits, scoring chances, and goals. No one really expected a sweep, did they? To Boston we go, hopefully Vanek's knee wasn't blown apart.

tampabay25690
04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
The Bruins never had the lead til the end. It's not like the bruins outplayed them the whole game. Boston got a lot of lucky bounces.

The first Chara goal, that should have never happened. Super lucky. They almost blew the 4 on 2 but the puck managed to find the guys stick after the first pass was broken up. And the crap shot from the point that hit pominville..Those goals were very fortunate for the bruins I don't care what anyone says.

They can't live off those cheap goals all series.

What game did you watch or did you watch?
The Sabres played maybe 15 good minutes in the game....

Michael82
04-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one who saw it. I got BEASTMODE tell me on my facebook that it was hooking and the injury only happened when they crashed into the boards. WTF! Check this out....

You are the only one that thinks so for sure. Even the commentators who usually arent the brightest didnt say anything about any cheapshot.

Dude he hooked him (which was NOT intent to injure) and both went down slamming into boards where at that point is where he got the injury. Stop making **** up because you hate the Bruins or because your precious Vanek got hurt.

:rofl: What game was he watching? Even Ruff said that it was slashing and the player used two hands! :rolleyes:

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 03:51 PM
What game did you watch or did you watch?
The Sabres played maybe 15 good minutes in the game....If you want to cry and act like that I guess you can. We can pretend that the bruins dominated the game like all of you choose to believe, even though they didn't. Yeah, the sabres relaxed after the first but give it a rest. If one of those garbage chara goals don't go in you'd be singing a different tune.

What game did you people watch? Look at the numbers if you are too busy sobbing to understand.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one who saw it. I got BEASTMODE tell me on my facebook that it was hooking and the injury only happened when they crashed into the boards. WTF! Check this out....

:rofl: What game was he watching? Even Ruff said that it was slashing and the player used two hands! :rolleyes:Umm it was obvious Vanek got Paul Bunyan tree chopped along the right knee. Suspend that fool who did it!

PUCKER
04-17-2010, 03:57 PM
After the 1st period,they played like crap the rest of the way and deserved to lose. Weve blown leads,made giveaways,and played scared before during the past couple years every other game in the regular season and at times it has come back to haunt us...like tonight. IF we are going to make serious run at the Cup this year,this cannot happen every other game! They need to understand that the regular season is over and means zilch now to anybody! This is the playoffs so suck it up,play with heart,play hard!

tampabay25690
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
If you want to cry and act like that I guess you can. We can pretend that the bruins dominated the game like all of you choose to believe, even though they didn't. Yeah, the sabres relaxed after the first but give it a rest. If one of those garbage chara goals don't go in you'd be singing a different tune.

What game did you people watch? Look at the numbers if you are too busy sobbing to understand.

Who is crying??
Just stating that you were watching another game.
Sabres lost this game when VANEK got hurt.
THE BRUINS outplayed the SABRES...

PUCKER
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
On 2 other notes...the Vanek injury WAS a cheap shot and we NEED to take out Chara,hopefully Myers can bring him down to size!

don137
04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I thought the whole team was deflated once Vanek got hurt. The Sabres were dominating up until that point. The Bruins outplayed the Sabres most of the time after that point. When the Sabres scored their third goal they got the momentum back until Ennis boneheaded pass attempt.

I agree it was a very dirty hard slash at his knee that cause Vanek to lose balance and go crashing into the boards. That was intent to injure IMO and the scumbag should get suspended but we know he won't. Even if he is suspended the Sabres lost their best offensive player. That play could change the series.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Who is crying??
Just stating that you were watching another game.
Sabres lost this game when VANEK got hurt.
THE BRUINS outplayed the SABRES...
Ya and that comment is ******ed. You can disagree with me without being a douche.

The Bruins didn't outplay the Sabres. Sorry. Buffalo lost. Boston was very lucky to win. If you can't see that you don't know what you are watching.

JD
04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
That was a double hander to the ****ing knee. Did Ruff call for the league to look at it?

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I thought the whole team was deflated once Vanek got hurt. The Sabres were dominating up until that point. The Bruins outplayed the Sabres most of the time after that point. When the Sabres scored their third goal they got the momentum back until Ennis boneheaded pass attempt.

I agree it was a very dirty hard slash at his knee that cause Vanek to lose balance and go crashing into the boards. That was intent to injure IMO and the scumbag should get suspended but we know he won't. Even if he is suspended the Sabres lost their best offensive player. That play could change the series.Connolly was afraid to get hit on that Ennis pass so he didn't reach out far enough and it caused that 4 on 2. Connolly has to touch that puck, I blame that rush on him, not Ennis.

tampabay25690
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM

I agree it was a very dirty hard slash at his knee that cause Vanek to lose balance and go crashing into the boards. That was intent to injure IMO and the scumbag should get suspended but we know he won't. Even if he is suspended the Sabres lost their best offensive player. That play could change the series.

Well at least you saw the same game as I did.....

tampabay25690
04-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Ya and that comment is ******ed. You can disagree with me without being a douche.

The Bruins didn't outplay the Sabres. Sorry. Buffalo lost. Boston was very lucky to win. If you can't see that you don't know what you are watching.

HA HA HA.
Its funny but you may be the only Sabres fan that thinks the Bruins got lucky and the Sabres deserved to win.
I guess Im a douche.............
You might want to watch the game again or I can send you a copy....

don137
04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Guys relax. I know it sucks to lose but we are still Sabres fans and on the same side. Just agree to disagree on which team deserved to win or who played better and get ready for game three. It will be a long series
Go Sabres...

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 04:17 PM
HA HA HA.
Its funny but you may be the only Sabres fan that thinks the Bruins got lucky and the Sabres deserved to win.
I guess Im a douche.............
You might want to watch the game again or I can send you a copy....No guessing about it...

I got the game tivo'd no need.

Anyone with eyes can see both Chara goals were super lucky. But I'll act like you and pretend we didn't have scoring chance after scoring chance and we got completely dominated. Like I said, look at the numbers. They say I'm right, because I am.

That game was a lot closer than you want to believe and either team could have won.

tampabay25690
04-17-2010, 04:19 PM
No guessing about it...

I got the game tivo'd no need.

Anyone with eyes can see both Chara goals were super lucky. But I'll act like you and pretend we didn't have scoring chance after scoring chance and we got completely dominated. Like I said, look at the numbers. They say I'm right, because I am.

That game was a lot closer than you want to believe and either team could have won.

Cool Go Sabres

Typ0
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
with 5 minutes left I was sure the Sabres were going to score. It was great seeing them come with that type of pressure. But boston was able to slow the game down by stopping the clock a bunch of times. I had an uneasy feeling after the game. I thought this series was going to be easier than it is.

Electrici
04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Sabres just got beat.. Myers' goal wasn't any better than either of Chara's. That's hockey, we should know bounces aren't always going to go your way. Just have to prepare for a big road game on Monday!

SquishDaFish
04-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Now when we win its lucky goals LOL. Come one its a good series so far. Lots of scoring chances and great hitting. Love playoff hockey!!

don137
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree they are not lucky goals. Good things happen when you shoot on net and the puck can deflect any which way. Myers had the same luck Chara did so I would not say luck was the difference.

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Maybe we should send Myers out there to give Chara someone his size. Have Myers slam him into the boards head first. I can't stand Chara. He's such a piece of ****!

:rofl: Myers is about 50 lbs lighter than Chara. He would get killed.

SpillerThrills
04-17-2010, 08:38 PM
:rofl: Myers is about 50 lbs lighter than Chara. He would get killed.

But Chara only ever wants to go after guys like Kennedy and Ennis cause they are so much smaller... who know what he would do against someone atleast close to his size!

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Sabres were outplayed.

Roy doing the same thing as always, making stupid passes usually. Though, he IS hustling.

Hit on Vanek was definitely dirty. Maybe he didn't mean to hurt him bad, but he definitely hacked him in the knee. Vanek was actually playing good too.

Rask played poorly today and we didn't capitalize. The Bruins defense cleared any loose pucks away from the net. They did a good job.

Sabres still trying to pass too damned much.

Sabres have a 4 on 2 and get no shot, Bruins get one a couple minutes later and score.

Sabres still not strong on the puck, get knocked off it too easily.

The way the teams played, the Bruins deserved this game.

Bruins fourth goal looked like a hand pass in the corner (for those of you who taped it).

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2010, 08:45 PM
But Chara only ever wants to go after guys like Kennedy and Ennis cause they are so much smaller... who know what he would do against someone atleast close to his size!

Honestly, he is bigger than EVERYONE. I think he gets away with murder, but that is up to the officials. If he was on this team, I would love him. He is NOT dirty and he is a very good player.

Right now, he would kill Myers.

BlackMetalNinja
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Now when we win its lucky goals LOL. Come one its a good series so far. Lots of scoring chances and great hitting. Love playoff hockey!!
You haven't stepped foot in here all year, don't bother now. Go back in to the woodwork why don't you?

Buffalogic
04-18-2010, 03:00 AM
I agree they are not lucky goals. Good things happen when you shoot on net and the puck can deflect any which way. Myers had the same luck Chara did so I would not say luck was the difference.Miller seems to agree with me.

<iframe src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=-5&id=66604" frameborder="0" height="289" width="480"></iframe>

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 07:32 AM
You haven't stepped foot in here all year, don't bother now. Go back in to the woodwork why don't you?

Really I was here earlier this year big boy. I can go anywhere I want and you can do nothing about it. So go back to your soo called woodwork tough guy.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Miller seems to agree with me.

<iframe src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=-5&id=66604" frameborder="0" height="289" width="480"></iframe>

Get over it. There is no lucky goals. Our guy went in front of net for that purpose so he couldnt see it. Jesus :roflmao:

BlackMetalNinja
04-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Really I was here earlier this year big boy. I can go anywhere I want and you can do nothing about it. So go back to your soo called woodwork tough guy.A. I absolutely can do something about it if I want to, but I won't, because I'm not an ass who abuses my power.
B. I am in this forum EVERY DAY, not just after my team wins a playoff game. Hell, Bedard is in here around every Bruins game and even starts other Bruins/NHL related threads throughout the season. You don't post in here at all and then come out and start running your mouth after the Bruins win a playoff game.

Do you really wonder why you get the woodwork comments all the time? You're a frontrunner fan and it's obnoxious, but I guess that is par for the course when it comes to you.

ddaryl
04-18-2010, 08:11 AM
1st game I get ot watch in a long time and they come out on fire then play 2 uninspired weak periods of hockey...

the same frustrations I feared before we entered the playoffs. This team can be eliminated from the 1st rd and that is unacceptable, but it would mirror how the team has played the 2nd half of the season IMO.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:21 AM
A. I absolutely can do something about it if I want to, but I won't, because I'm not an ass who abuses my power.
B. I am in this forum EVERY DAY, not just after my team wins a playoff game. Hell, Bedard is in here around every Bruins game and even starts other Bruins/NHL related threads throughout the season. You don't post in here at all and then come out and start running your mouth after the Bruins win a playoff game.

Do you really wonder why you get the woodwork comments all the time? You're a frontrunner fan and it's obnoxious, but I guess that is par for the course when it comes to you.

Well first off big boy. I didnt come in here running my mouth after a Win. I came in here because of me and Mikeys convo on facebook and to defend my comments on there that he decided to post in here. Mind your business thank you

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:23 AM
A. I absolutely can do something about it if I want to, but I won't, because I'm not an ass who abuses my power.

And I am no frontrunner fan. I follow my teams every single game through every single season. Just because I have a life and arent here every single day like you doesnt mean Im a frontrunner. I didnt come in here talking **** about our victory so get the facts str8. I came in here like I said to defend the Bruins player that was not trying to hurt anyone.

SkateZilla
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
People forget the Briuns have a Killer away record... but stink it up at home...

RockStar36
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
And I am no frontrunner fan. I follow my teams every single game through every single season. Just because I have a life and arent here every single day like you doesnt mean Im a frontrunner. I didnt come in here talking **** about our victory so get the facts str8. I came in here like I said to defend the Bruins player that was not trying to hurt anyone.

Unless you're in his head, you don't know that, so you should probably stop acting like you have the definitive answer.

I guarantee you'd be crying if a Sabres player two-handed a Bruin in the leg.

Hell, Bruins fans were crying about Myers hit in the Game One like it was some awful dirty play.

jesseInEA
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
1. People that say "**** like that happens in hockey" after a Paul Bunyan leg chop need their heads examined. That garbage is bush league, period, and would be classified as battery in any other walk of life.

2. We played alright and had a few bad breaks go against us. For every team in the league the same thing applies: None are so dominant that they can just walk thru to the Cup. Why do we think that only our own mistakes limit us? It MIGHT JUST HAVE BEEN that the Bruins took it to us when Vanek went out (the whole team mentioned its deflating effect).

3. The only tactical thing I don't like about our team in the first 2 games is the lack of crisp passing out of our zone. Too many times we end up flipping some soft pass ahead, only to have it intercepted. Got to pass harder and we won't have the same crushing defensive zone woes - got to figure even if a harder pass doesn't connect at least it's out to the neutral zone...

BlackMetalNinja
04-19-2010, 12:08 PM
3. The only tactical thing I don't like about our team in the first 2 games is the lack of crisp passing out of our zone. Too many times we end up flipping some soft pass ahead, only to have it intercepted. Got to pass harder and we won't have the same crushing defensive zone woes - got to figure even if a harder pass doesn't connect at least it's out to the neutral zone...That's been happening all damn season from what I've seen. Probably my #1 pet peeve with this team.

Nighthawk
04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
That's been happening all damn season from what I've seen. Probably my #1 pet peeve with this team.

The other thing that pisses me off about this team is players like Mair, Connolly and others, continue to pass the puck back in the zone when they could easily chip it out and end the offensive pressure by the Bruins. This cost us one goal and was responsible for many other excellent chances last game. This is coaching and Ruff needs to wake up a bit...he seems to be sleepwalking and taking on the personality of his players.

Buffalogic
04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Any Boston fan who tries to argue that the hit on Vanek was anything less than a brutal cheap shot is a total homer moron.

SquishDaFish
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Any Boston fan who tries to argue that the hit on Vanek was anything less than a brutal cheap shot is a total homer moron.

Not really I just know from watching the kid that hes not a cheap shot artist. This is the first time. And like I said how do any of you know what was going through his head?? I dont think he was trying to injure thats all. Does it suck he got hurt yes thats not something I want to see especially to a player I acc like.

BlackMetalNinja
04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Not really I just know from watching the kid that hes not a cheap shot artist. This is the first time. And like I said how do any of you know what was going through his head?? I dont think he was trying to injure thats all. Does it suck he got hurt yes thats not something I want to see especially to a player I acc like.And how do you not get that a 2 handed slash to somebody's knee is probably going to do some damage... I'm pretty sure he was aware of that as well.

RockStar36
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
This conversation is giving me a headache.

It was a two handed slash to his knee. It's pretty cut and dry.

SkateZilla
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I knew it was bad in the 1st Intermission when Barry Melrose said that it was game over for Boston the sabres are unbeatable.