PDA

View Full Version : Another April, Another cold, hard truth.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
As big deals are made, and big names are taken off the draft board, and we start to see what this team is going to look like in 2010 for the most part, it's time to face some facts (again).

1) Status quo will reign on the Oline, with the receiving and running back corps, and across the entire defense. Don't expect big changes in any part of the core of this team. It seems that the best way to handle a sinking boat with lots of holes is to let it sink and then start building a new one. Of course we need to hum a merry tune and keep smiles on our hopeful faces as we watch the water continue to rise.

2) The answer for the Bills QB has to meet at least two of the following criteria:
a) CHEAP
b) Low risk for complete meltdown (partial meltdowns are fine).
c) Be a yes man, at all costs.
d) Be enthusiastic (for at least 18 months) about coming to Buffalo.
e) Be off other NFL teams' radar as a legitimate starting QB.

3)Buffalo's mid to late round draft picks will perform at the same level or higher than their early picks.

4) The above issues will yield a somewhat competitive, scrappy team that shows a good amount of potential and will keep fans thinking that anything is possible for the first 10 weeks of the season.

Oh and did I mention that we will again not have as many home games as the other 31 teams?

Ahh, the refreshing taste of the same old Busch beer of the NFL. Sit back, relax, enjoy the fruits of being a diehard fan. Rewarding isn't it?

Ginger Vitis
04-17-2010, 03:32 PM
If the status quo will remain the same on OL,WR, RB and across the defense and the Qb will be cheap what position are they picking with the 9th pick?

ddaryl
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
:WTF:

lets wait for the draft before we start crying status quo.

but I am not expecting a playoff team this year, I never was. We're a mess and we need to rebuild some pieces.I'm expecting a rebuild plan that I can have faith in....

We'll know more after this draft.

Dujek
04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
If the status quo will remain the same on OL,WR, RB and across the defense and the Qb will be cheap what position are they picking with the 9th pick?

Kicker

Night Train
04-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Are you honoring HHurricane with a "Look At Me Cry " Thread ?

BertSquirtgum
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
clymer is a dry town. no wonder why you're crying. drinking helps bills fans cope.

OpIv37
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
:WTF:

lets wait for the draft before we start crying status quo.

but I am not expecting a playoff team this year, I never was. We're a mess and we need to rebuild some pieces.I'm expecting a rebuild plan that I can have faith in....

We'll know more after this draft.

How does the draft change status quo in any way, shape or form?

Some of you forget that EVERY team in the NFL gets to draft- as we improve, so do they. This team has done nothing to get better in FA, and it's easy to argue that they are worse with the departure of Butler and the switch to the 3-4 that we still haven't fully staffed.

The draft will most likely help this team improve, but since the rest of the NFL can draft too, it won't help us close the talent gap, at least not significantly.

better days
04-17-2010, 10:12 PM
If I had that type of negitive, defeatist attitude I would have died from Cancer over 2 years ago, but I'm still here fighting.

BertSquirtgum
04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
yes, op. you are correct but this year there is actually someone drafting who has a brain for football. so instead of drafting some more below average players we might actually get some capable players.

clumping platelets
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
There wasn't much available in FA..........status quo was the right move

Buffalogic
04-18-2010, 01:30 AM
And Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards will play bigger roles throughout the season than people think.

Goobylal
04-18-2010, 09:29 AM
What are you talking about with your "Status quo will reign on the Oline, with the receiving...corps, and across the entire defense?" The Bills are sure to have a new LT, and Cornell Green was signed to start at RT. The interior will stay "status quo," but that's about it. As for WR, they got rid of TO, for better or worse (I say worse, but they're the experts), as well as Reed, and Hardy and Johnson will be competing for the starting spot and the loser may go to the slot, so that's not "status quo" either. And on defense, they're going to a 3-4. That's about as un-"status quo" as you can get. They need to find a quality starting NT in the draft, and that can be done.

As for RB, that WILL stay "status quo," unless they trade Lynch, which would be a mistake since it will create another hole. But the entire offense will now be under Gailey's command, and that should be an improvement.

Bill Cody
04-18-2010, 09:38 AM
How does the draft change status quo in any way, shape or form?

Some of you forget that EVERY team in the NFL gets to draft- as we improve, so do they. This team has done nothing to get better in FA, and it's easy to argue that they are worse with the departure of Butler and the switch to the 3-4 that we still haven't fully staffed.

The draft will most likely help this team improve, but since the rest of the NFL can draft too, it won't help us close the talent gap, at least not significantly.

Doesn't that depend on how well we draft? You could make a compelling argument that a lot of teams built through the draft.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
when did the bills re-sign josh reed?

Goobylal
04-18-2010, 01:14 PM
when did the bills re-sign josh reed?
They haven't. But given the lack of interest in him, they could.