PDA

View Full Version : Double handed slash on Vanek's knee (VIDEO)

JD
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B46lOWEwfLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B46lOWEwfLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B46lOWEwfLo&feature=player_embedded

Can you say suspension?

The hack to his knee caused him to crash, resulting in an injury. Whether his knee was injured from a slash or not, he was injured as a result of it.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
SUSPEND HIM!

I'm sick of people taking shots at Vanek! The guy just got back on the ice and twice on breakaways he's been slashed HARD! First on the inside of the right ankle and now on the right knee! Those plays are dangerous!! Do something about it NHL or the players will take it into their own hands and it will get ugly and violent!!

Michael82
04-17-2010, 04:31 PM
That ******* should be suspended! There was definite intent to injure! **** all you Boston fans who try telling me that it wasn't a cheap shot! :mad: :curse:

Michael82
04-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Hmmm, after seeing the video, BEASTMODE has a different opinion now....

Ok I see now where you got that from. But it doesnt look 100% like it was intentional.

RockStar36
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Hmmm, after seeing the video, BEASTMODE has a different opinion now....

Not at all, maybe just 90% intent to injure..

WTF does that even mean? You either intend to injure or you don't.

SquishDaFish
04-17-2010, 04:52 PM
After seeing that I agree it was borderline. But I bet hes not suspended or fined because you can also make the case he was trying to hack the puck away or even try to trip him up. But I wouldnt say his Intention was to injure him.

don137
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I am not going to say go after Chara or anyone else. We need to play playoff hockey and not look to get even with sinking to their level and do a cheap shot. The goal is to advance to the next round not get even hurting the other team.
It is apparent that the Bruins are trying to injure the Sabres after Chara's cheap shot on Kaleta in game one and Boychuck's hack at Vanek's knee. Too bad they need to try and injure are team instead of trying to see if they can win without trying to take injure their opposition.

don137
04-17-2010, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=BEASTMODE]After seeing that I agree it was borderline. But I bet hes not suspended or fined because you can also make the case he was trying to hack the puck away or even try to trip him up. But I wouldnt say his Intention was to injure him.[/QUOTE

Where did he think the puck was at Vanek's knee? If he went after the puck he would of went lower with his stick. I know the game is very fast and it was a split second decision but that was a two handed hack at the knee. Maybe he was or wasn't going for the knee but he definitely was not going for the puck and was going after the body of Vanek.

SquishDaFish
04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Dude the Bruins are not out to injure the Sabres. Come on now man the Bruins arent known as a dirty team so stop trying to label them as that.

Michael82
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Dude the Bruins are not out to injure the Sabres. Come on now man the Bruins arent known as a dirty team so stop trying to label them as that.
yeah they are. They are dirty cheaters, just like all the other Boston teams! :snicker:

SquishDaFish
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
:lol: good one hater I mean Mikey

Electrici
04-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Look at the flex in the stick as he two hand slashes his knee. Youch.

mikemac2001
04-17-2010, 05:12 PM
i just saw it for first time i was at work

and yes he should be suspended atleast one game

hydro
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry but that was either a totally ******ed try at the puck/stick or he was pissed he got beat and went after Vanek. I am leaning toward the latter.

Nighthawk
04-17-2010, 06:36 PM

I'm not sure he was trying to injure Vanek, but yes, the Bruins gameplan seems to be to injure and take out as many Sabres as they can. They are not that good, so it is what they need to do to win.

DMBcrew36
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
After seeing that I agree it was borderline. But I bet hes not suspended or fined because you can also make the case he was trying to hack the puck away or even try to trip him up. But I wouldnt say his Intention was to injure him.

Spoken like someone who has never played competitive puck. Boychuk knew it was Vanek and knows Vanek is the Sabres scorer. He knew he had to cause Vanek to lose the puck and the easiest way is to go after the player, not the puck. You hook, you slash, you do whatever is necessary - it is better to take the penalty than to allow the goal. He knew what he was doing. Intent to injure? No - but he knew what he was doing, which is nearly as bad. He could've hooked Vanek, tripped Vanek, but instead gave Vanek a two-hander, which is a dangerous play. Again - he made that decision, he knew what he was doing.

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Anybody notice that Vanek skates off on the leg that was slashed?

hydro
04-17-2010, 08:55 PM

Sure, but that slash also had a lot to do with him going into the boards.

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Right, but it doesn't look like it was the slash that injured him.

Al the Bills Fan
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Right, but it doesn't look like it was the slash that injured him.

he went feet first into the boards...prob hurt his foot/ankle

Wouldn't have gone into the boards if not for the slash to the knee.

hydro
04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
he went feet first into the boards...prob hurt his foot/ankle

Wouldn't have gone into the boards if not for the slash to the knee.

What he is pointing out is that some in this thread might be under the assumption that his right knee is injured when he had all his weight on that leg going to the bench. It is definitely his left leg, most likely knee or ankle.

Al the Bills Fan
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
What he is pointing out is that some in this thread might be under the assumption that his right knee is injured when he had all his weight on that leg going to the bench. It is definitely his left leg, most likely knee or ankle.

I know what he was saying. I have heard some people up my way saying that because he hurt his left foot/ankle/knee that the slash had no bearing on the injury which is absolutely absurd IMO

hydro
04-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I agree....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3210850&postcount=18

DMBcrew36
04-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Yeah, it doesn't really matter if the slash or collision hurt more - the slash is what caused both injuries.

chubluv
04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Plain and simple he was injured because of the play. Discipline should be taken by the NHL. If its not we take that stupid cage off of Chara and give him a taste of his own medicine.

don137
04-18-2010, 05:53 AM
It doesnn't matter if the slash itself is where Vanek got hurt or if it was him crashing into the boards. The slash caused the injury. Its kind of like boarding injuries. Its not he check that hurts a player its crashing into the boards due to the check.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Spoken like someone who has never played competitive puck. Boychuk knew it was Vanek and knows Vanek is the Sabres scorer. He knew he had to cause Vanek to lose the puck and the easiest way is to go after the player, not the puck. You hook, you slash, you do whatever is necessary - it is better to take the penalty than to allow the goal. He knew what he was doing. Intent to injure? No - but he knew what he was doing, which is nearly as bad. He could've hooked Vanek, tripped Vanek, but instead gave Vanek a two-hander, which is a dangerous play. Again - he made that decision, he knew what he was doing.

That was my exact point. And I did play hockey so dont assume. He didnt have intent to injure was my point. He is not a dirty player by any means.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure he was trying to injure Vanek, but yes, the Bruins gameplan seems to be to injure and take out as many Sabres as they can. They are not that good, so it is what they need to do to win.

Not that good :lmao: We made the playoffs with the last ranked scoring offense because we are very very good in net and on defense. Get real man

BlackMetalNinja
04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
That was my exact point. And I did play hockey so dont assume. He didnt have intent to injure was my point. He is not a dirty player by any means.So it was just a friendly good intentioned two handed slash on the knee huh?

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2010, 08:13 AM
While this was a dirty play, it was no worse than the Kaleta slewfoot in the first game.

The NHL does not hand out punishments for actions unless they are hits to the head.

Although Chara delivering a legal and good hit to Ennis, only to hike up his skirt and run to the lockerroom when Montador came over was sad to see. Sack up Chara.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:19 AM
While this was a dirty play, it was no worse than the Kaleta slewfoot in the first game.

The NHL does not hand out punishments for actions unless they are hits to the head.

Although Chara delivering a legal and good hit to Ennis, only to hike up his skirt and run to the lockerroom when Montador came over was sad to see. Sack up Chara.

Noone talks about Kaleta so why expect it. But good points Dr. Since hes a Sabre it was ok.

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Noone talks about Kaleta so why expect it. But good points Dr. Since hes a Sabre it was ok.

What did you think of Chara running away after the hit?

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:24 AM

I dont really even remember it but usually hes not like that. I dont know why he would when he usually doesnt do it. I like how people hate on him because hes a damn good defenseman and not a dirty player though.

SabreEleven
04-18-2010, 09:36 AM

Nobody talks about Kaleta? Did you just become a Bruins fan after this win?

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Nobody talks about Kaleta? Did you just become a Bruins fan after this win?

You didnt catch the sarcasm. Just forget it lol

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Not that good :lmao: We made the playoffs with the last ranked scoring offense because we are very very good in net and on defense. Get real man

Ha, ha...this proves that you are just a fan boy and not really in touch. If you think you're team is that good, then you really are dillusional.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 10:30 AM

Don't even try...it's obvious that he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to the Bruins, so just let it go.

SabreEleven
04-18-2010, 10:32 AM
You didnt catch the sarcasm. Just forget it lol

Sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet.

JD
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Read original post. The slash made him crash into the boards, why the **** does that matter?

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Ha, ha...this proves that you are just a fan boy and not really in touch. If you think you're team is that good, then you really are dillusional.

Bro every team that makes the playoffs is good in some way. The Bruins are in top 3 in goaltending and have a great defense and Penalty Kill. Wake up as you are showing you dont pay attention outside of the Sabres. Im not saying the Bruins are great or world beaters but we are good. Yes our offense has lacked even more so now that Savard isnt there. We have had a ton of injuries also. Rask is 24 years old and plays like a veteren. So you are the dillusional one.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Don't even try...it's obvious that he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to the Bruins, so just let it go.

I have no idea what im talking about when it comes to my team?? You have no idea what your talking about outside of the Sabres and there your prob worthless also.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I have no idea what im talking about when it comes to my team?? You have no idea what your talking about outside of the Sabres and there your prob worthless also.

Trust me, you won't win a discussion about hockey with me...won't happen.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Bro every team that makes the playoffs is good in some way. The Bruins are in top 3 in goaltending and have a great defense and Penalty Kill. Wake up as you are showing you dont pay attention outside of the Sabres. Im not saying the Bruins are great or world beaters but we are good. Yes our offense has lacked even more so now that Savard isnt there. We have had a ton of injuries also. Rask is 24 years old and plays like a veteren. So you are the dillusional one.

Umm, fact is...the Sabres nor the Bruins are, what I'd call, Cup contendors. The Bruins are brutal on offense and have been all year...even with Savard. They should've never traded away Kessel...they're a much better team with him. Now, they're going to get a good young player at #2 in the draft, but who knows if he'll ever produce to the standard he should. Rask's numbers are good, but most of that is because of the collapsing defense that the Bruins play...they help him out a ton....which is smart when starting a 23 year old rookie goaltender.

The Sabres are still lacking in many areas and are so inconsistent that it will probably kill them in the playoffs. They still have a core of players that needs to be broken up and this team probably won't truly reach it's potential until the FO decides to tear apart those core players.

In closing, I'm not just a Sabres fan, I'm an NHL fan and I know what I'm watching. The Bruins goal is to hit the smaller Sabres at every turn and hopefully inflict some pain and if an injury occurs, that's just a bonus. This makes sense since the Bruins can't score a ton and this brings the game back to a snail's pace, which is what the Bruins like. I'm sure if you spoke with the Bruins coach off the record, he'd tell you that their #1 goal is to hit every Sabre and to hit Miller...it just makes sense.

JD
04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Umm, fact is...the Sabres nor the Bruins are, what I'd call, Cup contendors. The Bruins are brutal on offense and have been all year...even with Savard. They should've never traded away Kessel...they're a much better team with him. Now, they're going to get a good young player at #2 in the draft, but who knows if he'll ever produce to the standard he should. Rask's numbers are good, but most of that is because of the collapsing defense that the Bruins play...they help him out a ton....which is smart when starting a 23 year old rookie goaltender.

The Sabres are still lacking in many areas and are so inconsistent that it will probably kill them in the playoffs. They still have a core of players that needs to be broken up and this team probably won't truly reach it's potential until the FO decides to tear apart those core players.

In closing, I'm not just a Sabres fan, I'm an NHL fan and I know what I'm watching. The Bruins goal is to hit the smaller Sabres at every turn and hopefully inflict some pain and if an injury occurs, that's just a bonus. This makes sense since the Bruins can't score a ton and this brings the game back to a snail's pace, which is what the Bruins like. I'm sure if you spoke with the Bruins coach off the record, he'd tell you that their #1 goal is to hit every Sabre and to hit Miller...it just makes sense.
Exactly, they have no skill with Savard out.. their only key to success is hit and injure.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 01:22 PM

First off Well thought out and good post. Hitting is one thing my point was they are not trying to intentionally injure the sabres. And on the Kessel trade.... Its a great trade for us, yes it hurts right now but in the long run starting next year its going to be in our favor. A #2 overall pick this year so we get one of the 2 star players then we have our #1 and some people are saying this is one hell of a deep draft, then we get their #1 next year + if I remember correctly their 2nd rd this year (dont know if we have it or not without looking it up). Kessel wanted alot of money and Boston wasnt going to give it to him, Look what he did for Toronto. Hes good yes but not great.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Exactly, they have no skill with Savard out.. their only key to success is hit and injure.

Get over it man. They are not out to hurt or injure and player. They want to hit yes but what team without the scoring power wouldnt want to hit you hard?? Yes exactly

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 01:26 PM
First off Well thought out and good post. Hitting is one thing my point was they are not trying to intentionally injure the sabres. And on the Kessel trade.... Its a great trade for us, yes it hurts right now but in the long run starting next year its going to be in our favor. A #2 overall pick this year so we get one of the 2 star players then we have our #1 and some people are saying this is one hell of a deep draft, then we get their #1 next year + if I remember correctly their 2nd rd this year (dont know if we have it or not without looking it up). Kessel wanted alot of money and Boston wasnt going to give it to him, Look what he did for Toronto. Hes good yes but not great.

According to NHL.com...he's 23, as of March 10th.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471695

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 01:28 PM
I was going by the announcers on that one bro. They must be wrong. Shows I should look that up but I edited it out right after I posted it.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I was going by the announcers on that one bro. They must be wrong. Shows I should look that up but I edited it out right after I posted it.

Ha, ha...I know...I original posted it with the age you stated, but looked it up because I wasn't sure. You can never trust the moronic announcers...especially the ones doing national broadcasts.