PDA

View Full Version : Gailey Offense

Buffalogic
04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
I remember the second half of the season in 08-09 and that horrible chiefs team had a very explosive and high scoring offense. All with no real superstars aside from LJ.

Gailey has been successful with quarterbacks. Tyler Thigpen was on fire that 08-09 season. I picked him up from FA in fantasy and he did great for me in the playoffs and I ended up winning.

Gailey understands the importance of offensive playmakers. All that in mind it makes the reality of drafting Spiller at 9 pretty viable. If we pick Spiller, with Gailey's ability to develop QB's, whether we draft one or not, I'm confident that a quick turn around on offense is possible.

I feel pretty good going into the season knowing Gailey has had successful offenses everywhere he has been. It's nice to finally have an offensive minded coach instead of the same old boring D guys like Jauron and Williams. I'm ready for some excitement on offense and I think Gailey will deliver!

Spiderweb
04-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Heck, if we have any offense this year it would be a major improvement over the last half dozen or so years (2004 was the last average offense we've had).

Buddo
04-19-2010, 04:31 AM
I have to admit that originally I would have classed Spiller as a 'luxury' pick. Having seen some of his play now, I'm less of that opinion. I'm not convinced that he's the 'right' pick @ #9, but seeing his playmaking ability, makes me a lot less bothered about the idea of the Bills taking him.
To me, he's very much of a type with Reggie Bush, but I actually think that Spiller has more 'moves'. Because Bush does have the ability to run inside the tackles, I think he's overall the better of the two (when coming out), but in the open field, I think Spiller is going to do a lot of damage.
With the previous coaching staff, I'd be horrified if we took him, but Gailey does have a track record of getting the football to the guys he considers 'playmakers', and you can bet your bottom dollar that he has in mind how he would use him already.
Like I said, I'm not sure it's the 'right' pick, but I wouldnt lose too much sleep over it if we did take Spiller.