X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

My Bills Mock v1.0

I have no interest in a QB at #9. Bradford is worth #9 but will not be available. Clausen is worth a late 1st IMO and if he's available say in the 25-28 range, I wouldn't be against moving up for him as long as the price was right (i.e. NO using next yr's #1 to move up). I'm of the belief that we need to fix the lines before we can invest heavily (highly) in a young QB that is considered the "franchise QB". This is how I hope the draft goes:

First, Bills DO trade Lynch and 4,107 to Seattle for RB Forsett, 4,104, and cond 2011

Bills trade 1,9 to Den for 1,11 and 4,114

Bills trade 2,41 and 4,114 to StL for 2,33 and 7,208

After day 2 is done, Bills then send 6,178 and cond 2011 to Washington for QB Jason Campbell

1,11 - DT Dan Williams (Tennessee)
    2,33 - OT Rodger Saffold (Indiana)
    3,72 - LB Thaddeus Gibson (Ohio St)
    4,104 - CB Myron Lewis (Vanderbilt)
    5,140 - WR Andre Roberts (The Citadel)
    6,192 - QB Jonathan Crompton (Tennessee)
    7,208 - DL Doug Worthington (Ohio St)
    7,209 - LB Joe Pawelek (Baylor)
    7,216 - RB Keiland Williams (LSU)

Get the NT we desperately need, get the LOT we desperately need, add depth to LB crew, add bigger, physical CB, and more depth on offense.

• jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: My Bills Mock v1.0

I think you forgot about 31 other teams in your mock...

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Not bad at all, Clump.

I like Dan Williams a lot and would select another NT later in the draft. Unfortunately, I do not believe Saffold will be around for us at our current position in Round 2. We'd probably have to trade back up a little to get him or LT Charles Brown of USC..2 guys who could indeed start right away at LT.

Gibson is good. A CB ? Really ? I think WR Roberts is very talented will go earlier and I have posted my positive thoughts several times on taking a flyer on QB Crompton at some point on Saturday.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

Lewis is 6'1"-6'2"......we need a bigger CB to better match up vs the bigger WRs in the league

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I could live with this. Sensible picks...Naturally nobody knows how the trades could or would work out...

BUT I beleive the Bills would have no troubles making moves from #9 position....

This draft does a solid job of doing exactly what I want to see. Solidifies the OL and D front 7
          Last edited by ddaryl; 04-18-2010, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I can tell that the lack of responses means I'm spot on what will happen later in the week

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

It's a sensible strategy. Of course we all know that no mock has much more than a zero chance of hitting on everything, and the more elaborate the strategy of a mock, in this case four trades the one with Seattle being particularly involved, the less likely you'll hit it exactly. It does a good addressing a lot of the Bills' needs though.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                • Jan 2010

i wouldn't mind this draft but instead of crompton, i think skelton would be better
                “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• clumping platelets

Skelton is going to the Texans cuz he's related to one of the owners

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

I don't think Washington will give up Campbell for that package, but it would be sweet if they would.

Your mock addresses a lot of needs. Williams, Saffold, and Roberts are nice picks. I think there will be better prospects available in the third than Gibson, including some other OLBs . Crompton in the 6th would be good value.

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

how do you project trades with other teams. its so unrealistic.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Priority on NT, LT, OLB. I like it.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by DrGraves
                          how do you project trades with other teams. its so unrealistic.

Actually it's not. Just look at history to see how many draft order trades there are and which teams have usually been active on draft day.

I project the move up by Denver to get Dez Bryant. I project Bills moving up to get particular players.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Way too geared to needs. It's shocking to me that people actually believe Dan Williams is a 9th overall selection with all the talent available.

There is no way Buddy and Gailey are not going to address the offense with their first pick and take a game changer that will give our offense a face-lift.

I am almost willing to guarantee that one of Bryant, Spiller, Trent Williams, Bulaga, Okung, Bradford, Clausen or Tebow will be the pick @ 9.

On Saffold, I highly doubt we select finesse OT to play the left side with our already finesse LG (Levitre). That would be a very soft left side and running there will be impossible in our division.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Tebow is no where close to being the 9th overall........

Comment

Working...
                              X